USMB Coffee Shop IV

Funny, the mention of cats and dinner... I made two meat loaves for my partner and encased them in alu-foil thinking that would deter my marauding cat, Sherman. Little shit ate his way through three layers of foil and a quarter of a meat loaf!

Sounds like something my Rusterford would have done too.! :)

Why not stick them in the fridge where the cat can't get to them?

Oreely?

o-CUTE-CAT-PHOTOS-facebook.jpg

Speaking of food, the goulash is almost done. :thup:
It's done...... and it's good.

What is in goulash anyway?
It depends, I made hamburger goulash as opposed to Hungarian goulash but I did add the paprika which most hamburger goulash recipes omit.
Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
1 30oz can diced or stewed tomatoes
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
(real Hungarian paprika is the best)
1 - 3 tsps salt (more or less depending on taste)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Cook the hamburger, drain off excess grease (save grease for Save, cats like that kind of stuff),
add onions and garlic saute till onions are translucent.
While hamburger is cooking pour tomato sauce/tomatoes into a large stock pot, add all ingredients except the macaroni and cook on low for one hour stirring occasionally.
Finally stir in the uncooked macaroni, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until macaroni is done.

It depends, I made hamburger goulash as opposed to Hungarian goulash but I did add the paprika which most hamburger goulash recipes omit.
Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Cook the hamburger, drain off excess grease (save grease for Save, cats like that kind of stuff),
While hamburger is cooking pour tomato sauce/tomatoes into a large stock pot, add all ingredients except the macaroni and cook on low for one hour stirring occasionally.
Finally stir in the uncooked macaroni, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until macaroni is done.

Sounds really good sans the pieces of your fingers. :D

I think paprika is great with hamburger. I always put it in my shepherd's pie.

Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Pieces of fingers add a special flavor to the dish but the flavor depends on where those fingers have been........ :eusa_whistle:

Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Pieces of fingers add a special flavor to the dish but the flavor depends on where those fingers have been........ :eusa_whistle:

Do we want to know where the fingers have been? :D

Well I got most of my Christmas stuff done.
The tree and inside decorations are all done.
All of the Christmas cards done and mailed out.
All of the presents are wraped and under the tree.
One Chistmas gift delivered to one neighbor friend.
I have one present to deliver to a friend in town and one left yet to give to another neighbor, then I'm all set, till Christmas dinner. :)

Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Do we want to know where the fingers have been? :D

No!!

Good morning all. I was hurrying around getting ready to head up to the hospital when Hombre called and said he could get sprung today so hold off coming until he gets the verdict. I have mixed emotions. One part of me knows he wants out of there so badly and it is lonely at home without him. But I also want them to be darn sure the infection is under control and won't come back before they release him. So on stand by waiting to see.

Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

I used the brown rice pasta as opposed to the standard durum wheat elbows.

Just carried 5 packages to the Post Office to be mailed to some of Mrs. BBD's girlfriends. Two went to Arlington, Va, one went to Garland, Tx, one to Kadoka, SD and one to Charleston, Sc. Cost me $79.00 to mail those packages! I guess it's cheaper to mail them rather than to drive there to deliver them. Could have sent them by UPS or maybe FedEx but there is no drop-off nearby. Closest drop-off is 12 miles. Ho, Ho, Ho. Tis the season.

Beautiful morning in Albuquerque. 27 degrees at a quarter past 10 but supposed to edge up maybe past 40 today. We missed out on the extreme cold some of you in the midwest got.

Beautiful morning in Albuquerque. 27 degrees at a quarter past 10 but supposed to edge up maybe past 40 today. We missed out on the extreme cold some of you in the midwest got.

That is what we are supposed to have this weekend, I think. So far anyways. Who knows in New England though?

“If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.”

Mark Twain

Good morning all. I was hurrying around getting ready to head up to the hospital when Hombre called and said he could get sprung today so hold off coming until he gets the verdict. I have mixed emotions. One part of me knows he wants out of there so badly and it is lonely at home without him. But I also want them to be darn sure the infection is under control and won't come back before they release him. So on stand by waiting to see.

Have they taken a second blood test after the meds,to check for sure on it?

It's 15 here in northwestern Illinois with an occasional snow flurry in the air. Supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday. How many days until Spring?

Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

You omitted leave a single serving out for cat.

Just carried 5 packages to the Post Office to be mailed to some of Mrs. BBD's girlfriends. Two went to Arlington, Va, one went to Garland, Tx, one to Kadoka, SD and one to Charleston, Sc. Cost me $79.00 to mail those packages! I guess it's cheaper to mail them rather than to drive there to deliver them. Could have sent them by UPS or maybe FedEx but there is no drop-off nearby. Closest drop-off is 12 miles. Ho, Ho, Ho. Tis the season.

It's just as expensive to mail fed ex and UPS though. Often costs more to ship stuff than it cost in the first place. We have resorted to ordering everything from Amazon who will gift wrap the gifts for us, put whatever message we want on the gift card, and ship the present directly to the recipient. Because we have Amazon Prime, we don't pay for the shipping above and beyond what the annual membership is.

It's 15 here in northwestern Illinois with an occasional snow flurry in the air. Supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday. How many days until Spring?

I think we have to wait until after New Years to start the count down to spring. But Christmas and New Years isn't all that far away.

Forum List

Back