USMB Coffee Shop IV

I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

Please God, let me be wrong. :(

Just carried 5 packages to the Post Office to be mailed to some of Mrs. BBD's girlfriends. Two went to Arlington, Va, one went to Garland, Tx, one to Kadoka, SD and one to Charleston, Sc. Cost me $79.00 to mail those packages! I guess it's cheaper to mail them rather than to drive there to deliver them. Could have sent them by UPS or maybe FedEx but there is no drop-off nearby. Closest drop-off is 12 miles. Ho, Ho, Ho. Tis the season.

It's just as expensive to mail fed ex and UPS though. Often costs more to ship stuff than it cost in the first place. We have resorted to ordering everything from Amazon who will gift wrap the gifts for us, put whatever message we want on the gift card, and ship the present directly to the recipient. Because we have Amazon Prime, we don't pay for the shipping above and beyond what the annual membership is.

Toys R Us did the same kind of thing for me this year. I sent a big teddy bear as a gift and they put a message on it for me and didn't charge any shipping, even though it was only a $20 toy. That lack of shipping cost may have been a Black Friday or Cyber Monday thing (I forget exactly when I paid for it).
Good evening, I wanted to send to my wonderful mother who collects small birds on branches ...
20075796.jpg

here I am disappointed because I did not find the perfect birds in store and by the internet it is too long to send she would not have it for Christmas.

Update:

Yet another wall with an idiot behind it. This woman, who manages a property in the valley, has been chatting with me for a week now. She knew from day one that Karma weighs 64 lbs...which is not much for a yellow lab. Anyway, she kept saying "no problem" and "no weight limit". So we go through the rigamarole, chat more, she sends the application I have to pay a local business to print out for me since I don't have a printer, we fill it out and I am preparing to send it back to her but call her first since I have to pay to scan and send it back because she is in such a hurry for us to get all this done cuz she has two units available and wants to get us in there. So I call her to ask a question about the application questions cuz she said it has to be JUST RIGHT or she would have to send it back for any corrections or something I may have left out or didn't see.....and I ask again "are you SURE it is ok for Karma, because on the application, it says no pets" and she says "let me call my boss to make double sure" and I said fine. 5 minutes later she calls and says karma cannot weigh more than 40 lbs...perhaps I could put her on a diet?

And I lost it. Put her on a DIET? STARVE her so I can get in to her hovels? I reamed her a new one because she cost me money, got my hopes up and then told me to starve my dog.

So....another fail.

What else is new?

Sigh. That is so disgusting. Seems that unless it is them, people do not care what happens to others anymore. I am sorry Gracie. This so totally sucks. :smiliehug::smiliehug:

It was 35 at 4 AM and currently 53. We should see 55 and a low of 29 by dawn. Winter should be over by Sunday though when the prognosticators are calling for 72/59.
It's been a good week! One of out competitors sold his bar about 4 miles down the road. The buyers are a former (female) bar manager of the place who had left to start a sea food place that lasted 3 months and a very strange man with, let's say dependency issues not related to alcohol. The first partner is a great bartender and knows how to run a bar. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to leave one. The under/over line right now is 3 months before they close. I don't wish that for anyone, but I could use more butts on my brand new, very expensive bar stools.
Their bartender who attracts the largest crowd grew tired of both after 4 days and walked out. We are going to pick her up at Doc's and add an early shift. Starting probably the first of the year, we will be opening the doors at 9 AM with a coffee bar and cold sandwiches. If it works out, we will bite the bullet and equip the kitchen for hot food. (big investment on a leased building)
Even the poker gods have been kind. After a month long dry spell, I have finished in the money the last 3 tournaments. One was a bit better than break even but the last 2 finishes have been actually worth the time. I'm about $500 good for the 3 games.

Sounds great Ernie, but do you want to go the full restaurant route? More headaches there than I would want to take on. You don't have to have a fire suppression system for cold cuts and chips, and as long as you have a proper cooler, health inspections are a lot more simple and easier to pass. At least that is the case In New Mexico and Texas.
Mostly just bar food, burgers, maybe steaks once a week... Fries, you know, typical Alabama FRIED food.
We had a meeting with staff today and tossed around some ideas. The plan is evolving. We have 2 years left on the lease and have not decided if we stay or find a new building. A hood with fire suppression becomes part of the building according to the lease and might be as much as 10 grand just for that. Lots more to hash out, but we'll be serving sandwiches starting at 9 AN by the end of the year.

I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

No. I will not give up karma. I'd did for her. And I might come to that.

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

But we will all be together as it should be.

Nobody wants us. I understand now. No more searching.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Love always,

save

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Love always,

save

:smiliehug: :smiliehug: :smiliehug: :mad-61:

Love always,

save

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ditto that.

Love always,

save

:smiliehug: :smiliehug: :smiliehug: :mad-61:

And ditto that.

Say gallantwarrior
Do you have advise as to how to control a spoild pet billygoat that I'm stuck with taking care of for a few days till something can be done with the pet goats?
All I'm doing just makes him angrier. I would like to strangle him but he aint my goat. :biggrin:

It's a long story but I told her when she got them not to make them pets.
Only recommendation I can make that doesn't involve gravy and potatoes is: put him in a solid fence, toss food over the fence and pour water through the fence into the bucket, and wait anxiously until his "mom" gets back. They're smart and once they figure out what works, they won't stop using that technique. Or, you could by a cattle prod. Amazing how respectful they are of electricity.
Does he have a "buddy"? Having another goat might calm him a bit.

Good evening to all, I find this year beautiful decorations for Christmas to put at the foot of my Christmas tre

View attachment 101125 View attachment 101126 View attachment 101127
Are any of those David Winter? I used to collect them when I lived in Europe but have no local source.
Bonsoir, they comes from Germany :)
Actually, they originate in UK, but I lived in Germany when I collected the dozen, or so, that I have. Ringle, mine have been in storage since 2004, so I'd have to open a bunch of boxes and see what I have. I used to have an inventory, but my software no longer supports the program I used to catalog them. I also have some nice Lladro porcelains, too.

Love always,

save

I want you! Gosh, it hurts so much, what you guys are going through. I know many "single" couples whose pets are far better cared for and better behaved than others' children, and yet landlords would exclude four-legged fur-fam because they can. If it were possible, I'd let you all stay in my place until something better came available before I'd house most people I know who have children.
Don't give up yet, Gracie! Please.

Love always,

save

I did not say give her up. I said leave her for a time with a loving and caring person until things are more stable. I have no doubt after you find a place things will fall into place quickly. Sorry to have upset you. You really are very important.

On that note it appears I have over stayed my CS welcome.

Love always,

save

I did not say give her up. I said leave her for a time with a loving and caring person until things are more stable. I have no doubt after you find a place things will fall into place quickly. Sorry to have upset you. You really are very important.

You could never overstay your welcome Save. But if Gracie can't find anyone who would extend help to humans in need, why would they help a dog? To kennel Karma would be expensive financially and emotionally.
Stay. Gracie and her family need all of us to be here for them. Save, you are also an important spoke in the CS wheel.

Love always,

save

You could never overstay your welcome Save. But if Gracie can't find anyone who would extend help to humans in need, why would they help a dog? To kennel Karma would be expensive financially and emotionally.
Stay. Gracie and her family need all of us to be here for them. Save, you are also an important spoke in the CS wheel.

^^ This.

You certainly have not overstayed your welcome, save. You just had a miscommunication. You were offering advice for someone going through a hard time, trying to be helpful. There is nothing wrong with that, even if it is advice she can't take.

Colder'n frozen snot up nort' here in Wisconsin. Not complaining though, after all it is December. Need the driveway to freeze anyway, otherwise the heavy snowblower on the front of the John Deere digs into the gravel.

Got bad acid reflux this morning... tuna fish in olive oil ever give anyone else acid reflux?

It's never given me reflux issues.....but I would never eat that. :p

Some things that trigger reflux problems can be weird, though. Have you tried tuna without the olive oil, just to try and determine if it's just one or the other causing you problems?
Could be... ya know I always used to buy the tuna in water, but then you hear that olive oil is good for you so I was trying to make a healthy choice buying in that. Might go back to water and see if still does.

Forum List

Back