USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at a time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

Now don't get any ideas... there's no wedding plans just yet... :lol:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I love bacon. Its the fat I have trouble with.

If you don't hate it too much, try turkey bacon.

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, now I'll pass for sure.

I don't like it because it's way too thin. I've spoiled myself with thick cut bacon. Eating turkey bacon is like chewing on shards of glass.
I've just always figured it wouldn't taste like "bacon."

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, now I'll pass for sure.

I don't like it because it's way too thin. I've spoiled myself with thick cut bacon. Eating turkey bacon is like chewing on shards of glass.

You and Hombre would get along. He loves the thick bacon and I usually prefer the thin. But whatever floats a boat works. I'll eat any sort of bacon.

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

Whee. Keep us advised of how things develop. :)

It's done...... and it's good.

What is in goulash anyway?
It depends, I made hamburger goulash as opposed to Hungarian goulash but I did add the paprika which most hamburger goulash recipes omit.
Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
1 30oz can diced or stewed tomatoes
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
(real Hungarian paprika is the best)
1 - 3 tsps salt (more or less depending on taste)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Cook the hamburger, drain off excess grease (save grease for Save, cats like that kind of stuff),
add onions and garlic saute till onions are translucent.
While hamburger is cooking pour tomato sauce/tomatoes into a large stock pot, add all ingredients except the macaroni and cook on low for one hour stirring occasionally.
Finally stir in the uncooked macaroni, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until macaroni is done.

Sounds really good sans the pieces of your fingers. :D

I think paprika is great with hamburger. I always put it in my shepherd's pie.
Pieces of fingers add a special flavor to the dish but the flavor depends on where those fingers have been........ :eusa_whistle:
Or toes... makes everything taste great... :lol:

Champagne Seasoned With an Amputated Toe

Ewwwww

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

She's 16 years younger than I am too... :ack-1:

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Indiana sunset
brilliant-sunset-chris-harris.jpg

I've just always figured it wouldn't taste like "bacon."

Meh, I'm not crazy about it, TBH. Nothing can replace bacon as far as I'm concerned. :)

I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

Please God, let me be wrong. :(
No. I will not give up karma. I'd did for her. And I might come to that.

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

But we will all be together as it should be.

Nobody wants us. I understand now. No more searching.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
I want you! Gosh, it hurts so much, what you guys are going through. I know many "single" couples whose pets are far better cared for and better behaved than others' children, and yet landlords would exclude four-legged fur-fam because they can. If it were possible, I'd let you all stay in my place until something better came available before I'd house most people I know who have children.
Don't give up yet, Gracie! Please.
You make me feel good, GW. Thank you.

I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

Please God, let me be wrong. :(
No. I will not give up karma. I'd did for her. And I might come to that.

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

But we will all be together as it should be.

Nobody wants us. I understand now. No more searching.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I did not say give her up. I said leave her for a time with a loving and caring person until things are more stable. I have no doubt after you find a place things will fall into place quickly. Sorry to have upset you. You really are very important.

On that note it appears I have over stayed my CS welcome.
Honey saveliberty ...NEVER! I know what you meant and the intent. I was just down in the dumps again is all. I get that way more often now, but dammit..I need y'all to keep lifting me with your words. Don't freak me out more, Save. Don't you dare absent yourself from me..I will hunt you down, mister. :lol:

Last edited:
Meanwhile...after the negative idiot at the apartment complex and her comment to starve karma....I placed another ad in CL. A lady emailed me and said we should meet. She has room for 2 old fogies and an old dog and we can talk about it. So..now I have the room in the valley on monday..and this lady that lives about 15 miles away from where I am now. And I have my van and I just got netflix on my cell phone!!! And..if we can hang in here til spring..I have a funny feeling we may be heading North cuz I know a guy that has goats and wants to wander a great wall somewhere in China...and wear speedos. ;) We just don't wanna meander that way smack dab in the middle of winter since I hear snot gets frozen on ones face. :rofl:

Just bear with me when I get in one of my moods, please. I snap out of it. And..who knows what tomorrow will bring? Y'all are my strength. Thank you for that.

And...MrG is asleep, its raining still (since yesterday) and I am fixing to head to bed. Just wanted to pop in and apologize for being a dingbat.

Hugs to all

Meanwhile...after the negative idiot at the apartment complex and her comment to starve karma....I placed another ad in CL. A lady emailed me and said we should meet. She has room for 2 old fogies and an old dog and we can talk about it. So..now I have the room in the valley on monday..and this lady that lives about 15 miles away from where I am now. And I have my van and I just got netflix on my cell phone!!! And..if we can hang in here til spring..I have a funny feeling we may be heading North cuz I know a guy that has goats and wants to wander a great wall somewhere in China...and wear speedos. ;) We just don't wanna meander that way smack dab in the middle of winter since I hear snot gets frozen on ones face. :rofl:

Just bear with me when I get in one of my moods, please. I snap out of it. And..who knows what tomorrow will bring? Y'all are my strength. Thank you for that.

I knew. And I know you have to get your frustrations out somehow. Missy, you are one of the strongest people I know. Believe that or not, you are.
I have no doubt something is going to come for you and the mister.
Just hang, it will. I wish I could give you a real hug.

Colder'n frozen snot up nort' here in Wisconsin. Not complaining though, after all it is December. Need the driveway to freeze anyway, otherwise the heavy snowblower on the front of the John Deere digs into the gravel.

Got bad acid reflux this morning... tuna fish in olive oil ever give anyone else acid reflux?

It's never given me reflux issues.....but I would never eat that. :p

Some things that trigger reflux problems can be weird, though. Have you tried tuna without the olive oil, just to try and determine if it's just one or the other causing you problems?
Could be... ya know I always used to buy the tuna in water, but then you hear that olive oil is good for you so I was trying to make a healthy choice buying in that. Might go back to water and see if still does.

We prefer the tuna in water and then use it is recipes that adds back fats - mayo (or usually Miracle Whip), butter, or whatever.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Say gallantwarrior
Do you have advise as to how to control a spoild pet billygoat that I'm stuck with taking care of for a few days till something can be done with the pet goats?
All I'm doing just makes him angrier. I would like to strangle him but he aint my goat. :biggrin:

It's a long story but I told her when she got them not to make them pets.
Only recommendation I can make that doesn't involve gravy and potatoes is: put him in a solid fence, toss food over the fence and pour water through the fence into the bucket, and wait anxiously until his "mom" gets back. They're smart and once they figure out what works, they won't stop using that technique. Or, you could by a cattle prod. Amazing how respectful they are of electricity.
Does he have a "buddy"? Having another goat might calm him a bit.

Thanks gallant.
Would a human stun gun kill it, if I bought one from walmart?

It's a male goat with big horns and 2 female goats.
The idiot woman thought she could make pets out of them and get milk to sell.
She also had a pitbull not trained in anyway what -so- ever and a 7 year old kid also undisciplined.
She let him go to school on the bus yesterday and then drove herself to Tucson and checked herself into a mental facality.
Child protective service came and got her 7 year old son, right away.
Her husband is a trucker and is far away on the road.
He will be back in a few days and will have to deal with all of this. I feel so sorry for him.

I'm a friend with her Mother and Lil took the chickens and ducks, the dog went to one of her grandsons.
I'm helping to hold the billy while Lil gets them water and food. She 76 years old. The daughter is a neighbor here.
I'm grabbing him in a stronghold with his horns. Of course it's not working to well.
This male goat is spoiled and of course agressive because of the 2 females, and maybe half crazed from whatever that 7 year old might have done to him.
I was hoping for stunning, not sure but feed store might have cattle prods. Thanks.

It sounds like something from the old show Payton Place, huh? :lol:
God never dull moment in this little suburb of ours.

Well if the lady doesn't return for her goats, you might start looking for a good goat farm and relinquish custody. With two ladies and the gent you'll probably have little ones come spring which could be fun if you decide to become a goat farmer.

And...MrG is asleep, its raining still (since yesterday) and I am fixing to head to bed. Just wanted to pop in and apologize for being a dingbat.

Hugs to all

Like I said, we all have strong shoulders. Rant away when you need to. If I had the wherewithal, the space, or any other way to help you out I would do more than pray and be here to listen.

My hubbie says for you to get used to being called a cradle robber because that's what people call him and I'm 6 years younger than him. :)

Last edited:

My hubbie says for you to get used to being called a cradle robber because that's what people call him and I'm
6 years younger than him. :)

You get to a certain age though and age is just a number.

Forum List

Back