USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love bacon. Its the fat I have trouble with.

If you don't hate it too much, try turkey bacon.

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, now I'll pass for sure.

Last edited:
Say gallantwarrior
Do you have advise as to how to control a spoild pet billygoat that I'm stuck with taking care of for a few days till something can be done with the pet goats?
All I'm doing just makes him angrier. I would like to strangle him but he aint my goat. :biggrin:

It's a long story but I told her when she got them not to make them pets.
Only recommendation I can make that doesn't involve gravy and potatoes is: put him in a solid fence, toss food over the fence and pour water through the fence into the bucket, and wait anxiously until his "mom" gets back. They're smart and once they figure out what works, they won't stop using that technique. Or, you could by a cattle prod. Amazing how respectful they are of electricity.
Does he have a "buddy"? Having another goat might calm him a bit.

Thanks gallant.
Would a human stun gun kill it, if I bought one from walmart?

It's a male goat with big horns and 2 female goats.
The idiot woman thought she could make pets out of them and get milk to sell.
She also had a pitbull not trained in anyway what -so- ever and a 7 year old kid also undisciplined.
She let him go to school on the bus yesterday and then drove herself to Tucson and checked herself into a mental facality.
Child protective service came and got her 7 year old son, right away.
Her husband is a trucker and is far away on the road.
He will be back in a few days and will have to deal with all of this. I feel so sorry for him.

I'm a friend with her Mother and Lil took the chickens and ducks, the dog went to one of her grandsons.
I'm helping to hold the billy while Lil gets them water and food. She 76 years old. The daughter is a neighbor here.
I'm grabbing him in a stronghold with his horns. Of course it's not working to well.
This male goat is spoiled and of course agressive because of the 2 females, and maybe half crazed from whatever that 7 year old might have done to him.
I was hoping for stunning, not sure but feed store might have cattle prods. Thanks.

It sounds like something from the old show Payton Place, huh? :lol:
God never dull moment in this little suburb of ours.

Last edited:
Funny, the mention of cats and dinner... I made two meat loaves for my partner and encased them in alu-foil thinking that would deter my marauding cat, Sherman. Little shit ate his way through three layers of foil and a quarter of a meat loaf!
Oh yeah, cats are intelligent, industrious little critters. If they want something bad enough they'll get to it... :lol:

I love cats.

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, not I'll pass for sure.

If you have reflux problems, fat can be a trigger. Be careful with the pork bacon. I certainly enjoy bacon, but I mostly avoid it because all that fat can start up my reflux issues pretty quickly.

Speaking of food, the goulash is almost done. :thup:
It's done...... and it's good.

What is in goulash anyway?
It depends, I made hamburger goulash as opposed to Hungarian goulash but I did add the paprika which most hamburger goulash recipes omit.
Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
1 30oz can diced or stewed tomatoes
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
(real Hungarian paprika is the best)
1 - 3 tsps salt (more or less depending on taste)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Cook the hamburger, drain off excess grease (save grease for Save, cats like that kind of stuff),
add onions and garlic saute till onions are translucent.
While hamburger is cooking pour tomato sauce/tomatoes into a large stock pot, add all ingredients except the macaroni and cook on low for one hour stirring occasionally.
Finally stir in the uncooked macaroni, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until macaroni is done.

Sounds really good sans the pieces of your fingers. :D

I think paprika is great with hamburger. I always put it in my shepherd's pie.
Pieces of fingers add a special flavor to the dish but the flavor depends on where those fingers have been........ :eusa_whistle:
Or toes... makes everything taste great... :lol:

Champagne Seasoned With an Amputated Toe

Funny, the mention of cats and dinner... I made two meat loaves for my partner and encased them in alu-foil thinking that would deter my marauding cat, Sherman. Little shit ate his way through three layers of foil and a quarter of a meat loaf!
Oh yeah, cats are intelligent, industrious little critters. If they want something bad enough they'll get to it... :lol:

I love cats.

I'm a fan of cats, but I've come to the decision that what I always took for cat arrogance is actually just cat stupidity. It's not that they do things they shouldn't because they don't care, it's because they aren't bright enough to know better. :lmao:

It's 15 here in northwestern Illinois with an occasional snow flurry in the air. Supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday. How many days until Spring?
Not sure, but there's 12 days left to the shortest day of the year... then LONGER DAYS... YIPEEEE..!!

I love cats.

I'm a fan of cats, but I've come to the decision that what I always took for cat arrogance is actually just cat stupidity. It's not that they do things they shouldn't because they don't care, it's because they aren't bright enough to know better. :lmao:

You have never met a main coon, their smart and they get even.

It was 35 at 4 AM and currently 53. We should see 55 and a low of 29 by dawn. Winter should be over by Sunday though when the prognosticators are calling for 72/59.
It's been a good week! One of out competitors sold his bar about 4 miles down the road. The buyers are a former (female) bar manager of the place who had left to start a sea food place that lasted 3 months and a very strange man with, let's say dependency issues not related to alcohol. The first partner is a great bartender and knows how to run a bar. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to leave one. The under/over line right now is 3 months before they close. I don't wish that for anyone, but I could use more butts on my brand new, very expensive bar stools.
Their bartender who attracts the largest crowd grew tired of both after 4 days and walked out. We are going to pick her up at Doc's and add an early shift. Starting probably the first of the year, we will be opening the doors at 9 AM with a coffee bar and cold sandwiches. If it works out, we will bite the bullet and equip the kitchen for hot food. (big investment on a leased building)
Even the poker gods have been kind. After a month long dry spell, I have finished in the money the last 3 tournaments. One was a bit better than break even but the last 2 finishes have been actually worth the time. I'm about $500 good for the 3 games.
Nice looking female barkeeps bring in the clientele... just my experience.

I love cats.

I call my little black and white cat "the thinker," because she'll sit at my feet and listen to me talk to her on and on, and she rolls her eyes around the room like, "I have no idea what he's saying but I'll sit here and listen to him to be polite,".... :lol:

Last edited:
I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

Please God, let me be wrong. :(
No. I will not give up karma. I'd did for her. And I might come to that.

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

But we will all be together as it should be.

Nobody wants us. I understand now. No more searching.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I did not say give her up. I said leave her for a time with a loving and caring person until things are more stable. I have no doubt after you find a place things will fall into place quickly. Sorry to have upset you. You really are very important.

On that note it appears I have over stayed my CS welcome.
No, I don't think there's anyone in the CS that has caused more ruffles than I have Save, and I admit I brought it on myself, I can be like a bull in a China shop, but you said nothing wrong, bro. Hang in there.

Last edited:

Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, not I'll pass for sure.

If you have reflux problems, fat can be a trigger. Be careful with the pork bacon. I certainly enjoy bacon, but I mostly avoid it because all that fat can start up my reflux issues pretty quickly.
As with anyone I guess, I love the bacon, but I rarely eat it. If there's anything that makes a bigger grease splattered mess out of the stove than bacon, I'm unaware of it.

How are you and Hombre doing girlfriend?

I brought him home a little while ago. He's weak and wobbly and a bit on the grumpy side because he is weak and wobbly, but he's glad to be home. And while it's a bit stressful for me, it's less stressful than making lots of hospital runs to the hospital down town.

I admire and understand folks who dearly love their pets. Willingness to make personal sacrifices for them is not uncommon nor a bad choice. At the risk of sounding heartless, Gracie and Mr. G's health and well being are far more important in the current situation. Finding a truly loving person to care for Karma, until things improve for you two, seems like the best option. I think our pets want the best for us too. Still hoping you all can stay together, but I am increasingly scared over a bad outcome.

Love always,

save

Please God, let me be wrong. :(
No. I will not give up karma. I'd did for her. And I might come to that.

I did everything right..or tried to. I have never stolen, never maimef or killed, bent over backwards to anyone that needed help, never conned anyone, and a multitude of things I could add but it means naught. My dog is the child I always wanted. She is loyal, depends on me, loves me even with my personal flaws and would never abandon me over money or material things or even a roof. I will be damned if I did it to her...and I refuse to. Period.

We have reached the end, in my opinion. So we all go together. No separation. We stick together to the very end.

After this trip on Monday to check out the house sitting/room rent gig...if that falls thru too...then we are done.

But we will all be together as it should be.

Nobody wants us. I understand now. No more searching.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I did not say give her up. I said leave her for a time with a loving and caring person until things are more stable. I have no doubt after you find a place things will fall into place quickly. Sorry to have upset you. You really are very important.

On that note it appears I have over stayed my CS welcome.

I agree with others. You are an important part of us as is Gracie and you couldn't overstay your welcome.

As with anyone I guess, I love the bacon, but I rarely eat it. If there's anything that makes a bigger grease splattered mess out of the stove than bacon, I'm unaware of it.

Get you one of those microwave bacon cookers--they're cheap. Put two paper towels under the bacon and one over it--thick bacon about 1 minute per slice--thin bacon a bit less--bacon is cooked perfectly with no splatters and clean up is a matter of throwing away the paper towels.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Get you one of those microwave bacon cookers--they're cheap. Put two paper towels under the bacon and one over it--thick bacon about 1 minute per slice--thin bacon a bit less--bacon is cooked perfectly with no splatters and clean up is a matter of throwing away the paper towels.
I have never tried that but that sounds awesome, thank you, Foxy.

Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, now I'll pass for sure.

I don't like it because it's way too thin. I've spoiled myself with thick cut bacon. Eating turkey bacon is like chewing on shards of glass.

I have never tried that but that sounds awesome, thank you, Foxy.

Mine looks something like this:

And I think you can get them for $6 bucks maybe. But do use the paper towels for easy cleanup. I think mine is closed on both ends too so that the bacon grease is contained in the cooker if you don't use the paper towels.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back