USMB Coffee Shop IV

It depends, I made hamburger goulash as opposed to Hungarian goulash but I did add the paprika which most hamburger goulash recipes omit.
Mine is simple,
2 lbs cooked hamburger
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 30oz can tomato sauce
1 30oz can diced or stewed tomatoes
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
(real Hungarian paprika is the best)
1 - 3 tsps salt (more or less depending on taste)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni

Cook the hamburger, drain off excess grease (save grease for Save, cats like that kind of stuff),
add onions and garlic saute till onions are translucent.
While hamburger is cooking pour tomato sauce/tomatoes into a large stock pot, add all ingredients except the macaroni and cook on low for one hour stirring occasionally.
Finally stir in the uncooked macaroni, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until macaroni is done.

You omitted leave a single serving out for cat.
I did put the hamburger grease aside....... :eusa_whistle:

Good morning all. I was hurrying around getting ready to head up to the hospital when Hombre called and said he could get sprung today so hold off coming until he gets the verdict. I have mixed emotions. One part of me knows he wants out of there so badly and it is lonely at home without him. But I also want them to be darn sure the infection is under control and won't come back before they release him. So on stand by waiting to see.

Have they taken a second blood test after the meds,to check for sure on it?

They have been doing blood tests daily and we were still waiting on a blood culture that took a long time to percolate or whatever they do.

It was 35 at 4 AM and currently 53. We should see 55 and a low of 29 by dawn. Winter should be over by Sunday though when the prognosticators are calling for 72/59.
It's been a good week! One of out competitors sold his bar about 4 miles down the road. The buyers are a former (female) bar manager of the place who had left to start a sea food place that lasted 3 months and a very strange man with, let's say dependency issues not related to alcohol. The first partner is a great bartender and knows how to run a bar. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to leave one. The under/over line right now is 3 months before they close. I don't wish that for anyone, but I could use more butts on my brand new, very expensive bar stools.
Their bartender who attracts the largest crowd grew tired of both after 4 days and walked out. We are going to pick her up at Doc's and add an early shift. Starting probably the first of the year, we will be opening the doors at 9 AM with a coffee bar and cold sandwiches. If it works out, we will bite the bullet and equip the kitchen for hot food. (big investment on a leased building)
Even the poker gods have been kind. After a month long dry spell, I have finished in the money the last 3 tournaments. One was a bit better than break even but the last 2 finishes have been actually worth the time. I'm about $500 good for the 3 games.

It was 35 at 4 AM and currently 53. We should see 55 and a low of 29 by dawn. Winter should be over by Sunday though when the prognosticators are calling for 72/59.
It's been a good week! One of out competitors sold his bar about 4 miles down the road. The buyers are a former (female) bar manager of the place who had left to start a sea food place that lasted 3 months and a very strange man with, let's say dependency issues not related to alcohol. The first partner is a great bartender and knows how to run a bar. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to leave one. The under/over line right now is 3 months before they close. I don't wish that for anyone, but I could use more butts on my brand new, very expensive bar stools.
Their bartender who attracts the largest crowd grew tired of both after 4 days and walked out. We are going to pick her up at Doc's and add an early shift. Starting probably the first of the year, we will be opening the doors at 9 AM with a coffee bar and cold sandwiches. If it works out, we will bite the bullet and equip the kitchen for hot food. (big investment on a leased building)
Even the poker gods have been kind. After a month long dry spell, I have finished in the money the last 3 tournaments. One was a bit better than break even but the last 2 finishes have been actually worth the time. I'm about $500 good for the 3 games.

Sounds great Ernie, but do you want to go the full restaurant route? More headaches there than I would want to take on. You don't have to have a fire suppression system for cold cuts and chips, and as long as you have a proper cooler, health inspections are a lot more simple and easier to pass. At least that is the case In New Mexico and Texas.

I did put the hamburger grease aside....... :eusa_whistle:

You want to go there? I can add a few cat hairs...
You're too late....... With three cats and one Kat the hair is pervasive. :thup:

It is not the hair, but where its been....or so I was told.
Gizmo's a long hair with a very bushy tail that collects everything. Just last week I found the neighbor's gas grill and lawn furniture hidden in there.

Funny, the mention of cats and dinner... I made two meat loaves for my partner and encased them in alu-foil thinking that would deter my marauding cat, Sherman. Little shit ate his way through three layers of foil and a quarter of a meat loaf!

Why not stick them in the fridge where the cat can't get to them?
No room there and the partner would forget to take the goodies if I didn't put them next to the door.

Funny, the mention of cats and dinner... I made two meat loaves for my partner and encased them in alu-foil thinking that would deter my marauding cat, Sherman. Little shit ate his way through three layers of foil and a quarter of a meat loaf!

No room there and the partner would forget to take the goodies if I didn't put them next to the door.

A big pot with a heavy lid maybe? :dunno:

A cooler would be a good idea. Just set the cooler near the door. :)

Wouldn't that piss off the cat if I put him in a pot?

Only if you wanted to be in a bunch of bandaids. :biggrin:

Say gallantwarrior
Do you have advise as to how to control a spoild pet billygoat that I'm stuck with taking care of for a few days till something can be done with the pet goats?
All I'm doing just makes him angrier. I would like to strangle him but he aint my goat. :biggrin:

It's a long story but I told her when she got them not to make them pets.

Last edited:

Depends....

phoebe+crockpot1.JPG

Pass the Tostios please.

Just carried 5 packages to the Post Office to be mailed to some of Mrs. BBD's girlfriends. Two went to Arlington, Va, one went to Garland, Tx, one to Kadoka, SD and one to Charleston, Sc. Cost me $79.00 to mail those packages! I guess it's cheaper to mail them rather than to drive there to deliver them. Could have sent them by UPS or maybe FedEx but there is no drop-off nearby. Closest drop-off is 12 miles. Ho, Ho, Ho. Tis the season.

It's just as expensive to mail fed ex and UPS though. Often costs more to ship stuff than it cost in the first place. We have resorted to ordering everything from Amazon who will gift wrap the gifts for us, put whatever message we want on the gift card, and ship the present directly to the recipient. Because we have Amazon Prime, we don't pay for the shipping above and beyond what the annual membership is.

Toys R Us did the same kind of thing for me this year. I sent a big teddy bear as a gift and they put a message on it for me and didn't charge any shipping, even though it was only a $20 toy. That lack of shipping cost may have been a Black Friday or Cyber Monday thing (I forget exactly when I paid for it).

Update:

Yet another wall with an idiot behind it. This woman, who manages a property in the valley, has been chatting with me for a week now. She knew from day one that Karma weighs 64 lbs...which is not much for a yellow lab. Anyway, she kept saying "no problem" and "no weight limit". So we go through the rigamarole, chat more, she sends the application I have to pay a local business to print out for me since I don't have a printer, we fill it out and I am preparing to send it back to her but call her first since I have to pay to scan and send it back because she is in such a hurry for us to get all this done cuz she has two units available and wants to get us in there. So I call her to ask a question about the application questions cuz she said it has to be JUST RIGHT or she would have to send it back for any corrections or something I may have left out or didn't see.....and I ask again "are you SURE it is ok for Karma, because on the application, it says no pets" and she says "let me call my boss to make double sure" and I said fine. 5 minutes later she calls and says karma cannot weigh more than 40 lbs...perhaps I could put her on a diet?

And I lost it. Put her on a DIET? STARVE her so I can get in to her hovels? I reamed her a new one because she cost me money, got my hopes up and then told me to starve my dog.

So....another fail.

What else is new?

Update:

Yet another wall with an idiot behind it. This woman, who manages a property in the valley, has been chatting with me for a week now. She knew from day one that Karma weighs 64 lbs...which is not much for a yellow lab. Anyway, she kept saying "no problem" and "no weight limit". So we go through the rigamarole, chat more, she sends the application I have to pay a local business to print out for me since I don't have a printer, we fill it out and I am preparing to send it back to her but call her first since I have to pay to scan and send it back because she is in such a hurry for us to get all this done cuz she has two units available and wants to get us in there. So I call her to ask a question about the application questions cuz she said it has to be JUST RIGHT or she would have to send it back for any corrections or something I may have left out or didn't see.....and I ask again "are you SURE it is ok for Karma, because on the application, it says no pets" and she says "let me call my boss to make double sure" and I said fine. 5 minutes later she calls and says karma cannot weigh more than 40 lbs...perhaps I could put her on a diet?

And I lost it. Put her on a DIET? STARVE her so I can get in to her hovels? I reamed her a new one because she cost me money, got my hopes up and then told me to starve my dog.

So....another fail.

What else is new?

She should have known about the limts on pets to begin with.

Forum List

Back