USMB Coffee Shop IV

Special thoughts and prayers for those dealing with the terrible fires tonight and sending some healing vibes for drifter's head cold.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Massachusetts
10349612343_8b93c01bb4_b.jpg

Yesterday (Oct 11th) was my lucky day! I was up at the service station and I very rarely buy a Pick 3 Daily Lottery ticket but something told me to do so. I bought the ticket and put it in my wallet and headed home. Checked the numbers last night and lo and behold I won! Spent a dollar and won $500. I'm a lucky boy!!! Maybe I'll take Mrs. BBD out somewhere fancy for a dinner out. Haven't bought a lottery ticket in ages. Guess yesterday was a good day to buy one.

Got some cough syrup hope this shit works.

Even if it works, you might find yourself making yourself cough in anticipation. There's a reason sick and suck are so close in spelling. :p

I am so glad that I am very rarely sick (knock on wood - lol). I get sick maybe once or twice per year, tops. I must have a GREAT immune system! :D

Yesterday (Oct 11th) was my lucky day! I was up at the service station and I very rarely buy a Pick 3 Daily Lottery ticket but something told me to do so. I bought the ticket and put it in my wallet and headed home. Checked the numbers last night and lo and behold I won! Spent a dollar and won $500. I'm a lucky boy!!! Maybe I'll take Mrs. BBD out somewhere fancy for a dinner out. Haven't bought a lottery ticket in ages. Guess yesterday was a good day to buy one.

I have bought one lottery ticket to date--some years ago. I paid $1 and won $2. I figured that was my lucky day and there wasn't any point to buying more. I might try just once more though. Congratulations though. Winning is always a whole bunch more fun than not winning. :)

I have a cold and feel terrible. :(
Must be some kind of bug going around, I felt like crap all weekend, too. Still not firing on all cylinders but I have to go to work, gotta earn money for cat food.

Hope you and drifter are feeling better GW. I hate to be sick probably more than any human. I haven't had a cold in years--knock on wood--or really anything else other than maybe a mild U.T.I. and I have had a couple of really unpleasant allergic reactions to something in the El Pinto's--a popular Mexican restaurant here--food so I now avoid that. I feel very fortunate.

Even if it works, you might find yourself making yourself cough in anticipation. There's a reason sick and suck are so close in spelling. :p

I am so glad that I am very rarely sick (knock on wood - lol). I get sick maybe once or twice per year, tops. I must have a GREAT immune system! :D

Me too and we should count that as blessings. Looking for a Massachusetts autumn photo for the vigil list last night, I thought the photo I used might be one of those quaint little towns you were talking about. Anyway it looked really pleasant.

Old remedy that used to work wonders was make a mug of hot tea add a splash of lemon juice, a tsp of honey and a shot of bourbon whiskey.

If a person tolerates alcohol okay, a splash of whiskey can indeed be effective as a cough suppressant but only a splash. More than that has a dehydrating effect that can make a cold feel worse.

Old remedy that used to work wonders was make a mug of hot tea add a splash of lemon juice, a tsp of honey and a shot of bourbon whiskey.

If a person tolerates alcohol okay, a splash of whiskey can indeed be effective as a cough suppressant but only a splash. More than that has a dehydrating effect that can make a cold feel worse.
Never had that problem even after having 15 in and hour.......... :D

Never had that problem even after having 15 in and hour.......... :D

Okay. Maybe you are the exception. Or I suppose if you have enough, you can't feel anything anyway. :)

Is there a medicine that makes coughs actually stop?

th

When I was a kid this was the go to cough syrup around our house. Was OTC back when fluff was a kitten but have to have a script now. Suppresses the cough and breaks up the gottagotta inside the chest... Remember I am not a Doctor... more of a shadetree pharmacist...

Oh, I remember that awful stuff!

My youngest brother was born in Mass, we lived in Buzzards Bay 1961-63 when my dad was stationed at what was once Otis AFB (now Otis Air National Guard Base). I even found the houses we lived in just now on Google maps, first on was on Bayberry the second was on Blueberry almost next to Queen Sewell Pond.

Mr sg lived at Otis during part of that time frame. Dad was transferred to Japan in summer of '62.

Forum List

Back