USMB Coffee Shop IV

So the "IRS" calls at 7 this morning to threaten me yet again with imminent arrest if I don't pay back taxes immediately--meaning I give them my credit card number over the phone of course.

And 10 minutes later, we get another call from somebody with a cheery greeting of "Hello, are you feeling well today" or some such hoping to get a 'fine' or 'yes' that they will then 'photoshop' into an order conversation to sell me something.

Then two rapid negative robocalls trashing the mayoral candidates

And a few minutes ago I get maybe the 100th call of "Congratualtions! Your have won a trip to the Bahamas!

It isn't 10 a.m. yet.

I wonder how much we would be inconvenienced by not having a phone?

I get calls on my land line even though I'm on the No Call List. Not so on my cell phone. On the land line I use a trick I learned in the Army many years ago on field radios. This little trick will make a caller hang up instantly Try it and let me know what you think.
When you get an unwanted or persistent caller on your land line, simply turn on your cell phone and place the mouth piece on the ear piece of the LL phone. The screech of the feedback will wreck the caller's ears. We used to do this in the Army when we were being told to do something we didn't want to hear.

:) That might work. Actually with modern 'wireless' phones you can do that just moving one receiver close to another.

If we are in an ornery mode, we sometimes play with them wasting as much of their time as possible though in some cases that probably isn't all that smart. One of my favorite things is to tell them, "Oh I'm so glad you called, but first, my husband sells insurance and I just found the Lord! Do you have a minute?

Good morning everybody. We are looking at the last few days of a glorious Indian summer in Albuquerque with highs in the low 70's, high 60's. By mid week next week the temps will start falling off and we will start carrying jackets everywhere we go. But for now, we are enjoying it.

My boyfriends in town and we went out to dinner last night I got some great Posole.

Point of clarity, you went to dinner with your boyfriend or boyfriends?

boyfriend :lol:

Not saying you couldn't have more than one, just asking.

I'm monogamous I just suck at grammar and sentence structure.

They're they're a lot of others have that problem two.

My boyfriends in town and we went out to dinner last night I got some great Posole.

Yeah, that's me. There is an app I use called Grammarly. However, when posting at the forum sometimes I am just lazy. Plus I know it bugs Swagger a lot :lol:

sFun_blahblah.gif

So the "IRS" calls at 7 this morning to threaten me yet again with imminent arrest if I don't pay back taxes immediately--meaning I give them my credit card number over the phone of course.

And 10 minutes later, we get another call from somebody with a cheery greeting of "Hello, are you feeling well today" or some such hoping to get a 'fine' or 'yes' that they will then 'photoshop' into an order conversation to sell me something.

And a few minutes ago I get maybe the 100th call of "Congratualtions! Your have won a trip to the Bahamas!

It isn't 10 a.m. yet.

Are these calls all coming in on cell phone, or landline?

Mostly on the land line. Every now and then I get one on my cell phone but not more that one or two a week at most.
Good thing I decided not to have a land line. :thup:

We thought about that too, but the land line is cheap and gives us unlimited world wide calling when bundled with Comcast cable and internet and because we're 'old' and more likely to need emergency services and also because we are the sole lifeline for my 91-yr-old aunt, we figured we would have a back up. When the cell phone service is on the blink, we have the land line. And if the land line is out, we have our cell phones.

"When the cell phone service is on the blink, we have the land line. And if the land line is out, we have our cell phones."

Precisely why I have both. Those issues do arise and I am always grateful I have two options. 'Sides I like the clarity on my landline better than my cell, even though the cell is good. The landline is outstanding. ;)

It isn't 10 a.m. yet.

Mostly on the land line. Every now and then I get one on my cell phone but not more that one or two a week at most.

We thought about that too, but the land line is cheap and gives us unlimited world wide calling when bundled with Comcast cable and internet and because we're 'old' and more likely to need emergency services and also because we are the sole lifeline for my 91-yr-old aunt, we figured we would have a back up. When the cell phone service is on the blink, we have the land line. And if the land line is out, we have our cell phones.

"When the cell phone service is on the blink, we have the land line. And if the land line is out, we have our cell phones."

Precisely why I have both. Those issues do arise and I am always grateful I have two options. 'Sides I like the clarity on my landline better than my cell, even though the cell is good. The landline is outstanding. ;)

Good thinking IMHO, same as us. BTW, cell phones can be pretty cheap too.

It isn't 10 a.m. yet.

Same with us. And when the land line is on the frtiz we have a means of reporting it and vice versa. And good to see you back in the Coffee Shop AA. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Same with us. And when the land line is on the frtiz we have a means of reporting it and vice versa. And good to see you back in the Coffee Shop AA. :)

23_50_21.gif
emot23.gif

Thanks, my sweets. ;) It's good to see a friendly place. I remember it well.

I have experienced several times the scenario you have and how GREAT I felt to have had my cell phone to call Charter/Spectrum to tell them the power was out which meant my landline was out. lol. Also, if I am expecting a business call on one of the phones, I use the other to make other calls. Have to admit I do freak a little when I am on one when the other one rings. LOL. Often, though, I am able to tell the person I am speaking to that I am expecting another call on another phone and to please excuse a hasty "thank you so much, and goodbye....my call is coming in."

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Saveliberty's brother-in-law,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

November's full moon this weekend isn't quite a super moon but comes very close. The beaver moon is the second largest of the year.
autumn_full_moon_by_dheej18-d4irgs1.jpg

I went to the humane society today and wished I could adopt a few of the dogs they were so cute. My dogs I already have are spoiled and entitled they were born privileged. I tried to tell them about the poor dogs at the humane society and they didn't give a shit. They just want there treats now. :lol:

Forum List

Back