USMB Coffee Shop IV

It is almost 2 a.m. here, and I'm not tired yet, and I have to go shopping in the morning. :rolleyes-41: I am going to log off and try to get some sleep!

That used to be the story of my life. I was the proverbial night owl at my efficiency and creative best late at night and well into the next day. I think that might be due to so many years of enjoying some hours of uninterrupted solitude after a busy day of constantly working with people and after hubby and the kids were fast asleep. I could put the soothing voice of Art Bell and/or George Noory on overnight radio on in the background where I didn't really listen to them all that much or put on some wordless music and I was in my own little world for awhile. I miss that sometimes now as I am not so much a night owl. But I still enjoy an hour or two all by myself late at night at times and will sometimes find that it is 1 or 2 a.m.

And that's okay. We're grown ups. We can stay up late if we want to.
AND we can have ice cream for breakfast any time we want!
Try it with apple pie........ Apples are good for you......... :eusa_whistle:
I like apple pie with chedder cheese broiled into it. Oh, man, that is good. I recall the memories. lol

Cheddar does pair with apples really well. Sometimes for a snack we enjoy a few bites of cheddar cheese with apple slices.
The cheese to bung you up and the apples to undo the bung..........

That used to be the story of my life. I was the proverbial night owl at my efficiency and creative best late at night and well into the next day. I think that might be due to so many years of enjoying some hours of uninterrupted solitude after a busy day of constantly working with people and after hubby and the kids were fast asleep. I could put the soothing voice of Art Bell and/or George Noory on overnight radio on in the background where I didn't really listen to them all that much or put on some wordless music and I was in my own little world for awhile. I miss that sometimes now as I am not so much a night owl. But I still enjoy an hour or two all by myself late at night at times and will sometimes find that it is 1 or 2 a.m.

And that's okay. We're grown ups. We can stay up late if we want to.
AND we can have ice cream for breakfast any time we want!
Try it with apple pie........ Apples are good for you......... :eusa_whistle:
I like apple pie with chedder cheese broiled into it. Oh, man, that is good. I recall the memories. lol

Cheddar does pair with apples really well. Sometimes for a snack we enjoy a few bites of cheddar cheese with apple slices.
The cheese to bung you up and the apples to undo the bung..........

Don't panic... Everything will work out in the end... :poop:

Been working on making my own stencils..freehand. Good thing I have pics to refresh my memory. I don't have any of my painting supplies any more, since we had to move and everything got sold or lost between moving around, sleeping in the van, southern calif to northern calif. So...starting from scratch again. I am using manila file folders for the stencil making. It's thick enough to give me a rough outline instead of freehanding on the projects I want to start working on cuz doing freehand is a pita. Once you fuck up...its fucked up!

Anyway..I got some birds done and a few other outlinings I want to do, plus I am slowly working on this dresser. Its hard, cuz there is no room in my room and no place to do it outside with this cold weather. So..the drawers are still outside and the frame is sitting in my way in my bedroom, but..I'm doing it. Carefully. I wish I had room here. We are paying 600 bucks a month and we have to cram ourselves in this room with all of housemates crap as well. But, beggars can't be choosers. And, I seem to have a following now. I guess mountain people like what I do as much as beach people. Someone already asked me if I could paint their front door with a folk art feel to it and another person wants a custom dresser done. Don't know if I will do that one or not. Doing custom stuff is scarey because it puts pressure on me. And I ain't doing this to be stressed out. I'm doing it for the money!

Anyway..I was browsing around and found an old angelfire page I put up quite a few years ago...so some of the stuff you have already seen, some maybe not. Its nice to know its all still there although I have no clue what the password is to take any down or add new stuff. Thought I'd share. :) (Some of the stencils I no longer have are in the the pics in the link..so I am copying them to my manila file folder thingy. Stencils I use cost 17 to 29 bucks each. Who can afford that shit???)

The Gallery

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.
221585-Snowman-Good-Morning-Sunday-Quote.jpg

How many are old enough to remember an old radio show written I think by Orson Welles that simulated a radio news broadcast covering an extraterrestrial alien attack on Planet Earth? There was an introduction given, but those not paying attention or who were getting coffee during the introduction just heard what sounded like an honest-to-goodness news report. Caused quite a stir as well as jamming phone lines and other interesting reactions. :)

I believe at least one person committed suicide from fear of Martians.

I'll agree with Mr. SG, daily milking makes travel difficult. That really doesn't bother me much, though, since I don't travel much anymore. Finding someone to feed the goats isn't that difficult, but milking them seems to be a mystery beyond most people's ability. The chickens will be "free range", but I'll be using a chicken tractor to move them around. We tend to have loads of predators here and even the lesser weasels (ermine) enjoy a good chicken dinner, not to mention the eagles and other birds of prey.
I've been making cheese for years. Everyone who's ever tried the stuff likes it a lot. But the move last fall prompted me to dry off the does and to decrease my cheese supplies. I also make goat milk soap using vegetable oils (mostly) and various essential oils. Cattle come later, I'm contemplating Highland cattle because they are very hardy. Grass-fed beef is very popular here and I can take pre-orders before I buy my stock or breed for calves.

I truly enjoy reading your posts about the life you are leading!

The only cheese I've made is paneer - an East Indian type of cheese made from cow's milk (doesn't have to be un- homogenized) It's tasty cubed, coated with chick pea flour and deep fried!

We used to get raw milk from a neighbor - a milk cow produces an amazing quantity of milk daily. Though I would use the cream to make butter, never occurred to me to try cheese making. Wish I had.

We have a great quantity of predators in rural Florida. Besides birds of prey, raccoons and opossum are the worst on chickens - snakes and coyotes as well. Last year a neighbor lost 14 young hogs to a bear. The bear didn't even consume them, just scattered the carcasses about. Unfortunately our sometime winter visitors and transplants don't realize the dangers of feeding any wildlife, especially predators and opportunistic feeders (like gators and bears), large birds (like pelicans and cranes/herons) and deer, which mitigates their natural fear of humans as well as interfering with their natural feeding habits. Though well intentioned, I call it 'loving the animals to death'. It puts the animals themselves at risk as well as domestic animals, small children and sometimes grown adults.

Sorry about the rant. :)

I'll agree with Mr. SG, daily milking makes travel difficult. That really doesn't bother me much, though, since I don't travel much anymore. Finding someone to feed the goats isn't that difficult, but milking them seems to be a mystery beyond most people's ability. The chickens will be "free range", but I'll be using a chicken tractor to move them around. We tend to have loads of predators here and even the lesser weasels (ermine) enjoy a good chicken dinner, not to mention the eagles and other birds of prey.
I've been making cheese for years. Everyone who's ever tried the stuff likes it a lot. But the move last fall prompted me to dry off the does and to decrease my cheese supplies. I also make goat milk soap using vegetable oils (mostly) and various essential oils. Cattle come later, I'm contemplating Highland cattle because they are very hardy. Grass-fed beef is very popular here and I can take pre-orders before I buy my stock or breed for calves.

I truly enjoy reading your posts about the life you are leading!

The only cheese I've made is paneer - an East Indian type of cheese made from cow's milk (doesn't have to be un- homogenized) It's tasty cubed, coated with chick pea flour and deep fried!

We used to get raw milk from a neighbor - a milk cow produces an amazing quantity of milk daily. Though I would use the cream to make butter, never occurred to me to try cheese making. Wish I had.

We have a great quantity of predators in rural Florida. Besides birds of prey, raccoons and opossum are the worst on chickens - snakes and coyotes as well. Last year a neighbor lost 14 young hogs to a bear. The bear didn't even consume them, just scattered the carcasses about. Unfortunately our sometime winter visitors and transplants don't realize the dangers of feeding any wildlife, especially predators and opportunistic feeders (like gators and bears), large birds (like pelicans and cranes/herons) and deer, which mitigates their natural fear of humans as well as interfering with their natural feeding habits. Though well intentioned, I call it 'loving the animals to death'. It puts the animals themselves at risk as well as domestic animals, small children and sometimes grown adults.

Sorry about the rant. :)

That wasn't a rant dear. That was interesting, entertaining, informative. I have a hard time wrapping my head around a concept of gators and bears in the same location though I know it is a fact. Bears to me are mountain/forest creatures with huge areas to range in.

How many are old enough to remember an old radio show written I think by Orson Welles that simulated a radio news broadcast covering an extraterrestrial alien attack on Planet Earth? There was an introduction given, but those not paying attention or who were getting coffee during the introduction just heard what sounded like an honest-to-goodness news report. Caused quite a stir as well as jamming phone lines and other interesting reactions. :)

I believe at least one person committed suicide from fear of Martians.

I suppose it is possible as somebody tragically commits suicide for all kinds of reasons far too often. But the truth is, according to objective historians, is that the radio broadcast didn't not cause a huge panic, most figured it out fairly quickly, and it was something people would laugh about and have fun relating all to way to now.

That wasn't a rant dear. That was interesting, entertaining, informative. I have a hard time wrapping my head around a concept of gators and bears in the same location though I know it is a fact. Bears to me are mountain/forest creatures with huge areas to range in.

:)

North Central and North Florida have a lot of unpopulated or sparsely settled land for bears. Piney words, oak hammocks, swamps, lakes...and three National Forests. Bears adjust really well to human habitation (as do gators) though - our garbage makes easy pickings, and most wild animals will go for the easy pickings...( then there are those folks who think it's cool to feed them.)

Another neighbor (anyone within 5 miles is a neighbor) recently had an up close and personal run in with a bear in a shed behind his house.. The bear broke into the shed in the dark of night, opened a freezer, ate some packaged meat, rearranged things a bit - and when the neighbor confronted him (thinking it might be a person) the bear shoved him out of the way in his haste to escape. The neighbor bears (no pun intended) the scars of claw marks on his forearm to illustrate his story.

Been working on making my own stencils..freehand. Good thing I have pics to refresh my memory. I don't have any of my painting supplies any more, since we had to move and everything got sold or lost between moving around, sleeping in the van, southern calif to northern calif. So...starting from scratch again. I am using manila file folders for the stencil making. It's thick enough to give me a rough outline instead of freehanding on the projects I want to start working on cuz doing freehand is a pita. Once you fuck up...its fucked up!

Anyway..I got some birds done and a few other outlinings I want to do, plus I am slowly working on this dresser. Its hard, cuz there is no room in my room and no place to do it outside with this cold weather. So..the drawers are still outside and the frame is sitting in my way in my bedroom, but..I'm doing it. Carefully. I wish I had room here. We are paying 600 bucks a month and we have to cram ourselves in this room with all of housemates crap as well. But, beggars can't be choosers. And, I seem to have a following now. I guess mountain people like what I do as much as beach people. Someone already asked me if I could paint their front door with a folk art feel to it and another person wants a custom dresser done. Don't know if I will do that one or not. Doing custom stuff is scarey because it puts pressure on me. And I ain't doing this to be stressed out. I'm doing it for the money!

Anyway..I was browsing around and found an old angelfire page I put up quite a few years ago...so some of the stuff you have already seen, some maybe not. Its nice to know its all still there although I have no clue what the password is to take any down or add new stuff. Thought I'd share. :) (Some of the stencils I no longer have are in the the pics in the link..so I am copying them to my manila file folder thingy. Stencils I use cost 17 to 29 bucks each. Who can afford that shit???)

The Gallery

Wow, this is a late Christmas present to me, knowing you are being creative.

The Gallery

It certainly is great news ! :)

Our late Christmas present was Mr. P's ,one year ago heat attack survivor ,as of Jan. 8, 2018!

He is doing well ,has been riding his motorcycle ,he can walk without any canes and he has an appt. with the bone doc on Tuesday . If all is fully healed he is done with that Doc.

He still has maybe two more weeks with skin wound doc., but it too is finally getting better. :biggrin:
It takes a long time to heal deep skin wounds.

The Gallery

Its being a real pain in the ass, this dresser. REAL pain the ass. But..I'm still working on it. Finally got one side done. Tomorrow I get to do the other side. Oh thrill oh happiness. Not.
Then...day after tomorrow...the 5 front drawers. Then after that..the top. Then varnishing between each coat of additions. Then antiquing it. Then another two coats of varnish. Normally I don't have to varnish so much, but the paint is NOT wanting to stick!! Oy.

The Gallery

Its being a real pain in the ass, this dresser. REAL pain the ass. But..I'm still working on it. Finally got one side done. Tomorrow I get to do the other side. Oh thrill oh happiness. Not.
Then...day after tomorrow...the 5 front drawers. Then after that..the top. Then varnishing between each coat of additions. Then antiquing it. Then another two coats of varnish. Normally I don't have to varnish so much, but the paint is NOT wanting to stick!! Oy.

You must feel a great sense of accomplishment after you finish one though. I know you do beautiful work. Make sure to take some pictures for us!

I am trying to figure out a blog place I just joined. My walls are up and not sure if I want to let them slide down with personal stuff or just keep it SimplyStupid, lol.
My wrists and finger joints are beginning to give me a hard time, so I might take a break for a day or two from painting. Its going to rain next week. That might be the time to sit in a warm room and just dabble with finishing this thing up.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

f235cf63c368120c37695bebd4e2bfd4.jpg

Forum List

Back