USMB Coffee Shop IV

I like rugged looked men.Sam Elliot comes to mind. Sean Connery. Hell, even Gordon Ramsey. Beefy thighs, strong shoulders/jaws, ripped arms, thick neck. Manly. Which is why I don't watch a lot of new movies nowadays or sci fi movies. Vampires in this era are all feminine looking, skinny, doe eyes, weak. A man should be a man and look like one.

This is more my type. :biggrin:
Chris-Hemsworth-chris-hemsworth-30822817-1280-1024.jpg

That's a good choice, just to promote comic book based movies. :lol:

No, it's the built, the thicker neck and strong jaw that many men have.
You are just looking at the role he plays. :)
I'm looking at the over all construction, not his movie roles.

What do you think about Vin Diesel? I have a female friend who thinks he's very good looking, but I think that's mostly about his body; I tend to look at a woman's face first.

And I believe you, and Salma and Penelope are pretty much the same type yes? could be sisters? They are both very beautiful but I think if I was a guy, neither would be my type. I think if I was a guy, the ladies who would be most attractive to me would be a young Elizabeth Taylor, Debbie Reynolds, Demi Moore, Debra Messinger, Jennifer Aniston, Meg Ryan, Stephanie Szostak. And yet none of those seem to come up in these 'who is the hottest?' discussions. :)

This is Daisy the Mutt's ninth birthday! She will go for a walk with me later this afternoon and have a shot at chasing any squirrels who have poked their noses out during our much anticipated January thaw.

I was thinking last night about the swag my family print shop once received from vendors. I suppose businesses got promotional gifts from their vendors and those gifts were specific to specific businesses. At our print shop all employees wore burnt orange colored canvas aprons designed for the needs of typographers. The pocket of the aprons were sized to hold pica gauges and the forceps used to pluck the individual pieces of type from the cubby holed cases.

Ink suppliers gave Pop books of matches that were double wide and featuring a picture of their ink factory. Braden-Suptfin Ink. Paper salesmen plied Pop's business with plastic pocket protectors and box seats to Pirates games at Forbes Field. Boxes of navel oranges were given to everyone at the shop by the suppliers of solvents and rags used to clean the presses.

It made me wonder what kinds of business swag was given to other merchants in town. What goodies were given to the funeral homes? What did the florists get from their vendors?

Anyway, while the women debate the features of male movie stars, might I weigh in on which women in show business I find attractive? For me, it begins and ends with Rita Hayworth. But, as Miss Hayworth is no longer with us, I would further champion Julianna Margolese and Renee Russo.

I would put Rita Hayworth on the list of women I think I would be attracted to if I was a guy. But not Joan Crawford or Betty Davis or Rachel Welch or Maureen O'Hara. And again, I haven't a clue why.

This is Daisy the Mutt's ninth birthday! She will go for a walk with me later this afternoon and have a shot at chasing any squirrels who have poked their noses out during our much anticipated January thaw.

I was thinking last night about the swag my family print shop once received from vendors. I suppose businesses got promotional gifts from their vendors and those gifts were specific to specific businesses. At our print shop all employees wore burnt orange colored canvas aprons designed for the needs of typographers. The pocket of the aprons were sized to hold pica gauges and the forceps used to pluck the individual pieces of type from the cubby holed cases.

Ink suppliers gave Pop books of matches that were double wide and featuring a picture of their ink factory. Braden-Suptfin Ink. Paper salesmen plied Pop's business with plastic pocket protectors and box seats to Pirates games at Forbes Field. Boxes of navel oranges were given to everyone at the shop by the suppliers of solvents and rags used to clean the presses.

It made me wonder what kinds of business swag was given to other merchants in town. What goodies were given to the funeral homes? What did the florists get from their vendors?

Anyway, while the women debate the features of male movie stars, might I weigh in on which women in show business I find attractive? For me, it begins and ends with Rita Hayworth. But, as Miss Hayworth is no longer with us, I would further champion Julianna Margolese and Renee Russo.

I would put Rita Hayworth on the list of women I think I would be attracted to if I was a guy. But not Joan Crawford or Betty Davis or Rachel Welch or Maureen O'Hara. And again, I haven't a clue why.
I agree about Joan Crawford. She was too severe. I admire Bette Davis as an actress, but never thought of her as a great beauty. The same goes for Katherine Hepburn. But you and I aren't going to agree on Maureen O'Hara. But since she was usually John Wayne's girl, I found her unapproachable. Maybe Maureen Stapleton instead!

As for attractive men, and I'm no expert, but I think Jon Hamm is a striking human being.

James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman both are hot, lol. Due to their voices, probably. I tend to find swarthy guys hot. Not pale guys.

What do you think about Vin Diesel? I have a female friend who thinks he's very good looking, but I think that's mostly about his body; I tend to look at a woman's face first.

And I believe you, and Salma and Penelope are pretty much the same type yes? could be sisters? They are both very beautiful but I think if I was a guy, neither would be my type. I think if I was a guy, the ladies who would be most attractive to me would be a young Elizabeth Taylor, Debbie Reynolds, Demi Moore, Debra Messinger, Jennifer Aniston, Meg Ryan, Stephanie Szostak. And yet none of those seem to come up in these 'who is the hottest?' discussions. :)

When she was younger Demi Moore would probably come up in those kinds of conversations, and Aniston still does I think. "Who's hottest" conversations tend to focus on current looks, IMO. :dunno:

I don't usually think too much about who is the most attractive actress; in Hollywood, most actresses tend to be attractive. That said, off the top of my head I'd go with Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek.
The dark eyed Latina type, eh? I have an itch for redheads. The Faire Colleen.

Julianne Moore has been maintaining her good looks for years and years. Gillian Anderson was hot in the X-Files as a redhead. And Tori Amos could be incredibly sensual when she got into her piano playing.

I don't usually think too much about who is the most attractive actress; in Hollywood, most actresses tend to be attractive. That said, off the top of my head I'd go with Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek.

Julianne Moore has been maintaining her good looks for years and years. Gillian Anderson was hot in the X-Files as a redhead. And Tori Amos could be incredibly sensual when she got into her piano playing.
I would like to imagine myself as Tori Amos' piano seat!

I agree about Joan Crawford. She was too severe. I admire Bette Davis as an actress, but never thought of her as a great beauty. The same goes for Katherine Hepburn. But you and I aren't going to agree on Maureen O'Hara. But since she was usually John Wayne's girl, I found her unapproachable. Maybe Maureen Stapleton instead!

As for attractive men, and I'm no expert, but I think Jon Hamm is a striking human being.

:) I had to look up to see who Jon Hamm is. And I agree he is very nice looking, but alas, no pitter pat flutter of the heart for me.
th

James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman both are hot, lol. Due to their voices, probably. I tend to find swarthy guys hot. Not pale guys.

That's it. Both have voices to die for and actually it is Sam Elliott's voice rather than purely his persona that makes most of us just melt.

Tori? A good singer though she doesn't do the style of music I most enjoy. But I wouldn't have though she would be on an A-list for you guys. :)

Vin Diesel isn't my type at all though he is very nice looking. He's just too pretty or precise or sameness or something. Something lacking for him to be attracting. Baldness is very attractive on some men and it sure is on him. It isn't a minus for me on anybody though.

Tori? A good singer though she doesn't do the style of music I most enjoy. But I wouldn't have though she would be on an A-list for you guys. :)

When she really gets into her performance, it's almost a sexual thing.

So far all the movie star men posted in the thread I find attractive.

On another note, I have a recruiter sending me on a job interview tomorrow. I am not sure I want it and I am not taking it if I don't feel the vibe. I applied to a different job that I hope I get called for an interview on.

On another note, I have a recruiter sending me on a job interview tomorrow. I am not sure I want it and I am not taking it if I don't feel the vibe. I applied to a different job that I hope I get called for an interview on.

I think I can speak for us all that we'll send some special positive thoughts your way so that things will go as they should. :)

I think I can speak for us all that we'll send some special positive thoughts your way so that things will go as they should. :)

Thank you so much for the prayers and good energy. All is appreciated.

Forum List

Back