USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today is the day... Got up at 0400 to take my pre-surgery shower and take care of a few things before I leave to go to the hospital for the out-patient surgery to replace my pacemaker. Iā€™m sure everything will go well and there will be no problems. Just in case there might be problems I have given Nellie the beagle and Taco the mut some extra love this morning and have even gone as far as to tell Mrs. BBD where my top secret stash of mad money is hidden. (Itā€™s stuffed in a sock and carefully hidden in the bookcase behind War and Peace.). Iā€™ll need to find a new hiding place once I return from the hospital. Iā€™ve said my prayers and double checked to make sure I have clean undies on. My mother would always tell me to wear clean undies in case you needed to go to the hospital. I wouldnā€™t want to disappoint her. Today Iā€™m sporting my Batman under Roos! That might be TMI. Anyway,Iā€™m all set to go and Iā€™ll check back in shortly after I get back home.

You will probably be gone to the hospital before you see this, but prayers have been going your way today BBD.

Today is the day... Got up at 0400 to take my pre-surgery shower and take care of a few things before I leave to go to the hospital for the out-patient surgery to replace my pacemaker. Iā€™m sure everything will go well and there will be no problems. Just in case there might be problems I have given Nellie the beagle and Taco the mut some extra love this morning and have even gone as far as to tell Mrs. BBD where my top secret stash of mad money is hidden. (Itā€™s stuffed in a sock and carefully hidden in the bookcase behind War and Peace.). Iā€™ll need to find a new hiding place once I return from the hospital. Iā€™ve said my prayers and double checked to make sure I have clean undies on. My mother would always tell me to wear clean undies in case you needed to go to the hospital. I wouldnā€™t want to disappoint her. Today Iā€™m sporting my Batman under Roos! That might be TMI. Anyway,Iā€™m all set to go and Iā€™ll check back in shortly after I get back home.

Prayers going your way for no issues or complications what-so-ever. :)

Good morning all you beautiful people you!

may the force be ever in your favor.jpg

Best wishes for a good outcome!

I'm finally taking a coding class, and I'm not happy about it so far. I'm getting the impression that coders are expected to have a pretty in-depth knowledge of various conditions and their symptoms, different names for conditions, not to mention knowing that certain things are exceptions to the normal rules within the thousands of possible codes. Coding isn't a high-paying career, nor does it require a great deal of education, so logic tells me I must be wrong....but early on in the class, that's definitely the impression it's giving me.

The way it works, you have an index in the code book that you use to look up a condition. That sends you to tables which make up the bulk of the book, where you confirm the condition is the correct one and refine it if you can. Sometimes, however, I have no idea what to look up to get to the code in the tables. There are instances where the textbook tells me I will use a certain code in a particular situation, but is that something I'm just supposed to remember? That seems like a terrible idea to me.

I'm having a hard time sticking with the work because it is frustrating the hell out of me.

I'm finally taking a coding class, and I'm not happy about it so far. I'm getting the impression that coders are expected to have a pretty in-depth knowledge of various conditions and their symptoms, different names for conditions, not to mention knowing that certain things are exceptions to the normal rules within the thousands of possible codes. Coding isn't a high-paying career, nor does it require a great deal of education, so logic tells me I must be wrong....but early on in the class, that's definitely the impression it's giving me.

The way it works, you have an index in the code book that you use to look up a condition. That sends you to tables which make up the bulk of the book, where you confirm the condition is the correct one and refine it if you can. Sometimes, however, I have no idea what to look up to get to the code in the tables. There are instances where the textbook tells me I will use a certain code in a particular situation, but is that something I'm just supposed to remember? That seems like a terrible idea to me.

I'm having a hard time sticking with the work because it is frustrating the hell out of me.

Been there and done that Montro and that was many years ago so I'm sure it's much more involved and a mess than it used to be. But hang in there. You've gotten through other frustrating stuff and this won't beat you either.

We got through the surgery part and tomorrow morning the bandage comes off the eye so we'll know whether it was successful or not. Hombre is doing just fine except her couldn't get his CPAP over the eye bandage tonight so is doing without. But he can sleep tomorrow so I'm not too worried about it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogoā€™s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
NosmoKing's cold,
Hombre's cataract surgery.

And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

2f23957a9d8cb302a641f7d69351a27a.jpg

And before I go to bed I am chagrined that I didn't check birthdays this week and we missed Sherry 's. So a belated but most. . .

189442279_6524565377.jpg

And Sherry shares her birthday week with another member of the Coffee Shop family who doesn't post but we all know very well who she is:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAISY!!!
e9bf5eada45a3cb05aa08e4a40aa99da--poodles-birthday-cakes.jpg

Do you mean programming? I suppose it's a mind-breaking thing to use for programming the same language, as you use for communication :)

Do you mean programming? I suppose it's a mind-breaking thing to use for programming the same language, as you use for communication :)
Medical coding; taking everything the Dr, hospital, staff, etcetera did with each patient and convert it to a universal numeric code for billing purposes.

Medical coding is a world all to itself, it might be easier to learn Binary......... :eusa_whistle:

Medical coding; taking everything the Dr, hospital, staff, etcetera did with each patient and convert it to a universal numeric code for billing purposes.

oh! :) Sorry for some misunderstanding...

It's. OK :)
I thought the same, that it was computer coding like binary.

It's easy to confuse the two because of the word 'coding'.

Forum List

Back