USMB Coffee Shop IV

Actually..I have a better idea. Lets all move to Costa Rico. Y'all buy the mansion, mister and I will rent two rooms.:D

Let's just go all out and buy an entire island! :eusa_dance: We can all have our little huts on our little island. We will be like Gilligan's Island. :D
If I sold out lock, stock 'n barrel, I could probably come up with a pretty penny. An island it is... :lol:

Not in hurricane alley though.

Arizona is closer than Wisconsin, 007! That's mighty long ways for two old fogies to start all over again.
Yeah but AZ is a lot more expensive than WI too.

I'd venture a guess that if you got yourself up here, you'd never regret it.

I've lived in from coast to coast but where am I at? Wisconsin.
Interesting. Wisconsin has lots of towns. Whats your suggestion? And what is the healthcare like for medicare recipients that are dirt poor?
I'd say SW WI where I'm at here in the Wisconsin River Valley. Doesn't get much prettier than here, and WI has this thing called Badger Care for the less fortunate, and the cost of living is cheap. I bought over an acre of land, house and beautiful huge shop for $79,500. This place would be $250,000 in Reno.

BadgerCare Plus

Wisconsin always has had some of the most generous programs for people that need help of any state.

That is SUPER cheap! :eek:

One of the best parts about winter is it kills all the BUGS.
Kills the bugs and cuts down on what I call the Bumpkin Factor. Nothing is more irritating to me than a loud exhaust system. Motorcycles, pick up trucks and automobiles where the mouth breather of an owner decides that lacking a degree from n automotive engineering is no hidden evidence where the practicality of a muffler is concerned. Reading or writing or watching a movie can be disrupted by one of these idiots rumbling up the steep street outside. Come a few inches of snow and they decide to drive one more block south where the street is not only less steep but in far better shape.

Springtime and the bumpkins seem to want to tell the world how inconsiderate they are by pulling the hill in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate.
I'm a retired Master Harley Davidson Technician. Also have a degree in Electrical Engineering. Also worked for IBM. Also was an Avionics Tech in the Air Force... and I love loud exhaust... :lol: Course it's in my blood. I love that sort of thing, but I fully understand those that don't. It takes a certain kind of person... but I wouldn't call them "mouth breathers." Some are highly educated and intelligent.

There are laws against it though. They appear to be enforced here in Wisconsin. About the only thing I hear loud here is Harleys. How we get away with it I couldn't tell you, could be that Wisconsin is home to Harley Davidson.
I have no doubt that the inconsiderate louts cruising around with an unnecessarily loud exhaust aren't bright enough to use forethought. Blatting passed the house is a shattering experience that has no nobility. No nobility at all. Why should my peace be disturbed to accommodate their immaturity?

Arizona is closer than Wisconsin, 007! That's mighty long ways for two old fogies to start all over again.
Yeah but AZ is a lot more expensive than WI too.

I'd venture a guess that if you got yourself up here, you'd never regret it.

I've lived in from coast to coast but where am I at? Wisconsin.
Interesting. Wisconsin has lots of towns. Whats your suggestion? And what is the healthcare like for medicare recipients that are dirt poor?
I'd say SW WI where I'm at here in the Wisconsin River Valley. Doesn't get much prettier than here, and WI has this thing called Badger Care for the less fortunate, and the cost of living is cheap. I bought over an acre of land, house and beautiful huge shop for $79,500. This place would be $250,000 in Reno.

BadgerCare Plus

Wisconsin always has had some of the most generous programs for people that need help of any state.

That is SUPER cheap! :eek:
Tell me about it... :lol:

I was going to move to Montana by my older when I left Reno, but I was completely AGHAST at the prices for homes. It's almost as bad as California. But I did get in on low home prices. I bet my place is worth well north of $100K now. I've made improvements and the economy has taken off with home prices with it. Still... prices in this area cheap comparatively to nation wide.

Kills the bugs and cuts down on what I call the Bumpkin Factor. Nothing is more irritating to me than a loud exhaust system. Motorcycles, pick up trucks and automobiles where the mouth breather of an owner decides that lacking a degree from n automotive engineering is no hidden evidence where the practicality of a muffler is concerned. Reading or writing or watching a movie can be disrupted by one of these idiots rumbling up the steep street outside. Come a few inches of snow and they decide to drive one more block south where the street is not only less steep but in far better shape.

Springtime and the bumpkins seem to want to tell the world how inconsiderate they are by pulling the hill in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate.
I'm a retired Master Harley Davidson Technician. Also have a degree in Electrical Engineering. Also worked for IBM. Also was an Avionics Tech in the Air Force... and I love loud exhaust... :lol: Course it's in my blood. I love that sort of thing, but I fully understand those that don't. It takes a certain kind of person... but I wouldn't call them "mouth breathers." Some are highly educated and intelligent.

There are laws against it though. They appear to be enforced here in Wisconsin. About the only thing I hear loud here is Harleys. How we get away with it I couldn't tell you, could be that Wisconsin is home to Harley Davidson.
I have no doubt that the inconsiderate louts cruising around with an unnecessarily loud exhaust aren't bright enough to use forethought. Blatting passed the house is a shattering experience that has no nobility. No nobility at all. Why should my peace be disturbed to accommodate their immaturity?
IDK, Nosmo... but it's part of society. Some people like it.

Do like I did and buy a house on a dead end road, then you never have drive by traffic.

Do like I did and buy a house on a dead end road, then you never have drive by traffic.
I've lived here for 28 years now. It's a corner lot. Why should I move to allow those nuts to ruin the peace? They should be prosecuted for disturbing the peace! Loud exhausts have no true purpose other than to annoy.

I've lived here for 28 years now. It's a corner lot. Why should I move to allow those nuts to ruin the peace? They should be prosecuted for disturbing the peace! Loud exhausts have no true purpose other than to annoy.
Well if you were a biker like me you'd adhere to the prophecy that "loud pipes, save lives." Nothing more dangerous than someone in a cage that mows down a biker and their excuse is, "I didn't see them." Well, if you can't see me you're damn sure going to HEAR me... now there is no excuse.

But I wasn't serious that you should move. I know a person's home is their castle, their sanctuary, and you shouldn't be expected to move to accommodate someone else's conduct.

I'd maybe talk to your town board, see if there wasn't some slacking in enforcing loud exhaust or something. I do know they enforce it here in WI. I virtually never hear a loud car or truck around here, ever. All BS aside, the only loud things here are motorcycles.

If you were my neighbor and I knew my Harley aggravated you, if going past your house was on my pathway to somewhere that I had to go, I WOULD be as quite as possible.

Well if you were a biker like me you'd adhere to the prophecy that "loud pipes, save lives." Nothing more dangerous than someone in a cage that mows down a biker and their excuse is, "I didn't see them." Well, if you can't see me you're damn sure going to HEAR me... now there is no excuse.

But I wasn't serious that you should move. I know a person's home is their castle, their sanctuary, and you shouldn't be expected to move to accommodate someone else's conduct.

I'd maybe talk to your town board, see if there wasn't some slacking in enforcing loud exhaust or something. I do know they enforce it here in WI. I virtually never hear a loud car or truck around here, ever. All BS aside, the only loud things here are motorcycles.

If you were my neighbor and I knew my Harley aggravated you, if going past your house was on my pathway to somewhere that I had to go, I WOULD be as quite as possible.
I wonder why there aren't more accidents involving BMWs or Hondas. The 'loud pipes save lives' notion should be supported by data. Insurance companies would know.

But thank you for the consideration by not driving passed homes where peace and tranquility are prized after a tough work week.

But I still say modifying a production wehicle with an unnecessarily loud exhaust is willful rudeness.

I have two pet peeves; willful rudeness and purposely misspelled words. Pop spent his life as a pro prior a print shop and highly skilled typographer. Like nails on a chalkboard, whenever I see a purposely misspelled word I wonder why I bothered to pay attention in school if misspelling could be accepted.

I wonder why there aren't more accidents involving BMWs or Hondas. The 'loud pipes save lives' notion should be supported by data. Insurance companies would know.

But thank you for the consideration by not driving passed homes where peace and tranquility are prized after a tough work week.

But I still say modifying a production wehicle with an unnecessarily loud exhaust is willful rudeness.

I have two pet peeves; willful rudeness and purposely misspelled words. Pop spent his life as a pro prior a print shop and highly skilled typographer. Like nails on a chalkboard, whenever I see a purposely misspelled word I wonder why I bothered to pay attention in school if misspelling could be accepted.
My Dad was a Master Pressman. We even had a small print shop shortly after Ma and Dad retired. We had two offset presses, one B&W, the other color. I think Paw was more into fishing than growing the little printing business though. I tried to drum up business for it but, his heart just wasn't into it.

Is there stats somewhere that say people that ride quite bikes get in less accidents? I can't find any.

One of my pet peeves is close to misspelling I suppose, it's people that willfully mispronounce words using a T where a D should be, as in anT instead of anD. Or racial dialects, like saying "code" instead of "cold," or "ax" instead of "ask."

Perhaps if you'd ever ridden motorcycle you'd understand what I'm saying about noise. I HAVE had someone merge into my lane while riding, and since they didn't hear me, I kicked their freakin' door. They heard that and I invited them to pull over. That didn't think that was an appealing option for them. When they have their stereo cranked and they're texting or whatever else they can do distract them, the're dangerous to everyone, especially bikers.

Foxy,
Out of the clear blue sky...

9861ee9d1306806540f9c1dd7e59d199.jpg

I don't think you ever reported back re: The Robert Redford or Barbra Mandrel desert... Inquiring minds want to know?

LOL. Actually it looks pretty good. You have tried it and give it a 5 star rating?

Yes definitely... :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup: We used to have a little Country Store and Diner and served it in the Diner...

Then I am going to make it tonight and serve it tomorrow. I'll provide a full report. Thanks. :)

I made the Robert Redford one back then and it got good reviews. I have a couple of others now that are a little less complicated. :)

I tried a new shampoo and conditioner. It's by Kenra. It is Kenra Platinum Revive. That stuff is awesome. I was using Moroccanoil, and I still love Moroccanoil, but this is really good too and it is a bit cheaper too! My hair is so soft and silky and shiny after using this stuff. I highly recommend it, ladies! :) Just buy it when your men aren't around because they will have a cow when they find out how much you just spent on shampoo! :D Lol!

Yes it's very nice.
I used it several times and loved the way it made mine look too.
But on the fourth shampoo &conditioner I broke out and starting itching.
Once again another great product I can't use.
Oh_Bother____by_Lord_Zasz.jpg

:lmao:

That's my problem with a lot of stuff. I can't use anything Revlon or Max Factor or a lot of the fancier stuff--I am not very allergic but my skin doesn't like that.

To nights evening laugh

you-sleep-on-floor.jpeg
And that is EXACTLY what she thought would happen, too. She is planted smack dab in the middle of my bed. But, she is such a street wise smart kitty. I removed most of my pillows and made her her own bed at the head of the bed. I will take the bottom half since I like my feet to poke out. When I finished (she laid there watching me), I patted her new section and color me surprised, but she got up and moved over to it. She is now in a ball with her head hidden under her arm. I am thrilled. No floor for me tonight after all. And yes..I would have slept on the floor if I had to. But I don't. So it's a moot point. Next week when her stitches disintegrate? Its back to her being in daddys room:lol:

Wow, unusually quiet day in the Coffee Shop today, but once the night shift came on things really started jumping. I always thought how neat it would be for friends to just buy some sort of commune and share the chores. I've always said it didn't matter where you lived as much as the sense of community that determined how happy you are in a place. Really happy to have 007 back with us. :)

Just so we don't wind up with something like this:
trailerparkcondos.jpg

I do like the idea of an island, lol. And yes...I, too, browse zillow, trulia, etc looking for places I know I could never have myself. BUT..if I did win the lottery..I would buy massive amounts of land..then let people live on it with their mobile homes, cars, etc until something more permanent was built. No tent city..but a nice place with maybe tiny houses or cabins or yurts or even barracks. Like a commune, but a nice one. Only the poor will get in. Grow our own food. Raise our own critters like hens and ducks, maybe a small collection of cattle. Like in the old days. And even maybe a boarding house like in the westerns.

Wow, unusually quiet day in the Coffee Shop today, but once the night shift came on things really started jumping. I always thought how neat it would be for friends to just buy some sort of commune and share the chores. I've always said it didn't matter where you lived as much as the sense of community that determined how happy you are in a place.

trailerparkcondos.jpg
I'd take something like that in a heartbeat!

Wow, unusually quiet day in the Coffee Shop today, but once the night shift came on things really started jumping. I always thought how neat it would be for friends to just buy some sort of commune and share the chores. I've always said it didn't matter where you lived as much as the sense of community that determined how happy you are in a place. Really happy to have 007 back with us. :)

trailerparkcondos.jpg
Well, my neck was hurting so I decided to pop a couple oxycodone, and that's like pill cocaine to me so I'm up for awhile. Not hurting though so that's the good part.

I'm putting Hombre back on the list for a bit. He's scheduled for cataract surgery on Thursday and it is a bit more complicated for him than the really routine surgery it usually is.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
NosmoKing's cold,
Hombre's cataract surgery.

And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

“Islands are metaphors of the heart, no matter what poet says otherwise."― Jeanette Winterson,
Island-of-Re.jpg

My Dad was a Master Pressman. We even had a small print shop shortly after Ma and Dad retired. We had two offset presses, one B&W, the other color. I think Paw was more into fishing than growing the little printing business though. I tried to drum up business for it but, his heart just wasn't into it.

Is there stats somewhere that say people that ride quite bikes get in less accidents? I can't find any.

One of my pet peeves is close to misspelling I suppose, it's people that willfully mispronounce words using a T where a D should be, as in anT instead of anD. Or racial dialects, like saying "code" instead of "cold," or "ax" instead of "ask."

Perhaps if you'd ever ridden motorcycle you'd understand what I'm saying about noise. I HAVE had someone merge into my lane while riding, and since they didn't hear me, I kicked their freakin' door. They heard that and I invited them to pull over. That didn't think that was an appealing option for them. When they have their stereo cranked and they're texting or whatever else they can do distract them, the're dangerous to everyone, especially bikers.

Interesting you were a Harley engineer. I never had one. I have heard them described as a very expensive slug. The thought being they are largely stylized an well promoted, but are beaten in performance by the likes of Japanese bikes. I owned several Japanese bikes including a Honda CB 500 and a Honda CB650. I had a motad single pipe silencer on my 500 but although they were very quiet they rusted out every 18 months. So I built my own silencer using aluminium sheeting with copper plates and tubing for the baffles. That was a lot more noisy than the motad, and it constantly rattled to pieces. I had to keep re- riving it back together.
But fortunately I never had an accident. I put that down to my driving skills.
I used to ride the crown of the road, and read the road ahead carefully when approaching junctions.

Forum List

Back