USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another reason why I live here. :)
I've been looking at your town, Peach. Just surfing for now, for affordable rentals. I think it might be time to get the hell out of calimexia.
You'll find that the cost of living in Wisconsin is a fraction of what CA is, Gracie, and it's a beautiful state. No wild fires, no smoke, no earth quakes, no hurricans... just pretty green anywhere there isn't a road or a building.

My grandfather was from Wisconsin, but he ran away from home with his older brother when he was just a boy and never looked back. They got social security numbers and got jobs in New York. So, needless to say, I've never been to Wisconsin and don't know if I have living relatives there or not.

I've been looking at your town, Peach. Just surfing for now, for affordable rentals. I think it might be time to get the hell out of calimexia.

You should have done it the 1st time. :)
But what do I know. :laugh:
I know, I know. But, I was told "anytime now" for back home. Alas, they lied. I have to wait another 2 friggin' years.

Look back into the places you got in touch with before.
There might be an apartment open.
Explain what happened and he might have one open soon sometime.
We also have good health services here too.

Arizona is closer than Wisconsin, 007! That's mighty long ways for two old fogies to start all over again.
Yeah but AZ is a lot more expensive than WI too.

I'd venture a guess that if you got yourself up here, you'd never regret it.

I've lived in from coast to coast but where am I at? Wisconsin.
Interesting. Wisconsin has lots of towns. Whats your suggestion? And what is the healthcare like for medicare recipients that are dirt poor?

I know, I know. But, I was told "anytime now" for back home. Alas, they lied. I have to wait another 2 friggin' years.

I forgot the guys name. And..he never sent an app. HE is the one with 'splainin' to do, lol. I also don't want shoved in a 3 bedroom, which is what he said he had. I just don't remember the name of the complex.

Hey Peach...do the skeeters where you live need saddling, or can they be rode bareback?

What skeeters?
We don't have any.
No skeeters? YAY!
I'll keep browsing. See what I can find that looks interesting. I don't want anywhere near my SIL. She is over there on 2nd and Patagonia she said. I looked via google. Um. No.

No water, no skeeters :)
Scorpions, Rattlers and Cactus OH MY. :lol:

Hey Peach...do the skeeters where you live need saddling, or can they be rode bareback?

What skeeters?
We don't have any.
No skeeters? YAY!
I'll keep browsing. See what I can find that looks interesting. I don't want anywhere near my SIL. She is over there on 2nd and Patagonia she said. I looked via google. Um. No.

Google apartments in the city you would like to live in (assuming you know that info). You can even look at pictures online of apartments/houses. The tough part is knowing what type of neighborhood it is, but if you don't have kids going to school in that area, that isn't necessarily your first concern.

It is REALLY cheap to live in Tennessee. I was looking at the prices of homes/apartments there. OMG. I thought there must have been a typo! I couldn't believe how cheap they were! :ack-1: Like a quarter to half of what I pay.

One of the best parts about winter is it kills all the BUGS.
Kills the bugs and cuts down on what I call the Bumpkin Factor. Nothing is more irritating to me than a loud exhaust system. Motorcycles, pick up trucks and automobiles where the mouth breather of an owner decides that lacking a degree from n automotive engineering is no hidden evidence where the practicality of a muffler is concerned. Reading or writing or watching a movie can be disrupted by one of these idiots rumbling up the steep street outside. Come a few inches of snow and they decide to drive one more block south where the street is not only less steep but in far better shape.

Springtime and the bumpkins seem to want to tell the world how inconsiderate they are by pulling the hill in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate.
I'm a retired Master Harley Davidson Technician. Also have a degree in Electrical Engineering. Also worked for IBM. Also was an Avionics Tech in the Air Force... and I love loud exhaust... :lol: Course it's in my blood. I love that sort of thing, but I fully understand those that don't. It takes a certain kind of person... but I wouldn't call them "mouth breathers." Some are highly educated and intelligent.

There are laws against it though. They appear to be enforced here in Wisconsin. About the only thing I hear loud here is Harleys. How we get away with it I couldn't tell you, could be that Wisconsin is home to Harley Davidson.

It is REALLY cheap to live in Tennessee. I was looking at the prices of homes/apartments there. OMG. I thought there must have been a typo! I couldn't believe how cheap they were! :ack-1: Like a quarter to half of what I pay.
Let's move there. I'll sell out, you sell out and we'll buy a mansion... :lol:

I forgot the guys name. And..he never sent an app. HE is the one with 'splainin' to do, lol. I also don't want shoved in a 3 bedroom, which is what he said he had. I just don't remember the name of the complex.

San Pedro Terrace.

What skeeters?
We don't have any.
No skeeters? YAY!

Google apartments in the city you would like to live in (assuming you know that info). You can even look at pictures online of apartments/houses. The tough part is knowing what type of neighborhood it is, but if you don't have kids going to school in that area, that isn't necessarily your first concern.
City-Data has all the info I need :). If I moved to Arizona, I wanted Sedona but its too expensive. MrGs family is on the rez, but rents there are not that slick either. Flagstaff looks good...but again, too expensive. Peach's town is doable, though, price wise. Then again...who knows what tomorrow will bring? One day at a time. But I do browse alot lately.

Save a room for me and the mister. Oh, and the cat.

Actually..I have a better idea. Lets all move to Costa Rico. Y'all buy the mansion, mister and I will rent two rooms.:D

I was actually seriously thinking about it before, but I have family here. My son is here. He has a job here, his girlfriend, and his friends and his life here, and he wouldn't want to move to Tennessee. Also, my grandmother, mother and other relatives I would have to leave behind, and they are all getting old now and kind of need me around. I have too many responsibilities! Being an adult is no fun! :eusa_snooty:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Arizona is closer than Wisconsin, 007! That's mighty long ways for two old fogies to start all over again.
Yeah but AZ is a lot more expensive than WI too.

I'd venture a guess that if you got yourself up here, you'd never regret it.

I've lived in from coast to coast but where am I at? Wisconsin.
Interesting. Wisconsin has lots of towns. Whats your suggestion? And what is the healthcare like for medicare recipients that are dirt poor?
I'd say SW WI where I'm at here in the Wisconsin River Valley. Doesn't get much prettier than here, and WI has this thing called Badger Care for the less fortunate, and the cost of living is cheap. I bought over an acre of land, house and beautiful huge shop for $79,500. This place would be $250,000 in Reno.

BadgerCare Plus

Wisconsin always has had some of the most generous programs for people that need help of any state.

I was actually seriously thinking about it before, but I have family here. My son is here. He has a job here, his girlfriend, and his friends and his life here, and he wouldn't want to move to Tennessee. Also, my grandmother, mother and other relatives I would have to leave behind, and they are all getting old now and kind of need me around. I have too many responsibilities! Being an adult is no fun! :eusa_snooty:
I sit and look at Zillow and dream too, Chris, but I really doubt I'd ever leave Wisconsin. I do like it here and I have a righteous place, just perfect for me. It's fun to dream though... ya never know.

To nights evening laugh

you-sleep-on-floor.jpeg

Forum List

Back