USMB Coffee Shop IV

Speaking of photoshopping, I'm wondering if last night's vigil list photo isn't a really skillful photoshop? The highway--obviously somewhere other than the USA due to the cars traveling on the left side of the highway--appears to be cut through deep snow. But the trees showing on top of the snow suggest maybe the snow wasn't that deep - or - the cards are simply in a pass cut through mountainous terrain and the rock is iced over? Hard to tell really.

I was wondering how such tall snow could be cut so seemingly perfectly. That picture looks as if it would require a 15 foot tall plow blade. :lol:

I've been pet sitting all week. Had a couple of lunch dates with ex co-workers one who also left the job. It's been uneventful. Anyone got plans for upcoming Valentines Day?

Pet sitting huh?
What type of pet?

My moms cats. Millions and millions of cats. :lol:

I feel for you. :)
Just keep them well fed, maybe they won't gang up on you and blame you for Mama being gone. :lmao:

Most of them are outside. But she feeds them all so I have to make sure the food is kept up. My moms a "crazy cat lady" :lol:

DVavMOMW0AAHphW.jpg

I've been pet sitting all week. Had a couple of lunch dates with ex co-workers one who also left the job. It's been uneventful. Anyone got plans for upcoming Valentines Day?

We were pet sitting this week too as Carly was back for a few days while Dana went back to Salt Lake City for a followup visit following her heart transplant. We returned Carly to her yesterday morning. Verdict was very early symptoms of rejection though she said this was not a serious concern but just indicated she had to stay on the level of anti-rejection medicine she is on that has some unpleasant side effects. Nevertheless, I am concerned so am keeping her on the vigil list.

Valentine's Day is Hombre and my wedding anniversary--I'll just say that we have been married longer than some/most of you are old :)--but we rarely do much to celebrate. Going out to dinner or for anything on Valentine's Day is just too much of a zoo for it to be enjoyable for us--nobody takes reservations for just two and the wait times are always ridiculously long. So we'll likely just invest in a really expensive steak to prepare at home and otherwise just watch some favorite movies and it will be great.

Well there is a place I wouldn't want to find myself in! :114:

Yea ! I wonder what happened next . I also would not like to have been in the position of the man photographing baby Gorillas with the adult standing behind him. A photo of which I posted a few pages back. The Gorilla has a turned down mouth, and it looks pretty pissed off.

I'm pretty sure both images are fake. ;)

Do you have to suck the fun out of it? :45:

So...snowmageden has me squarely in its cross hairs tonight. Somewhere between seven and ten inches, although at an inch an hour over a foot is very possible. We have been lucky with snowfall, so I haven't fired up the snowblower in two or three months now. Hope it fires up tomorrow. I don't have a lot of time to clear snow as I have a 7:30 am to probably 7:15 pm work schedule at the post office. I have to be up at 4 am on Saturday too.

Wow long hours. Looks like that perilously 'iffy' job has turned into something permanent and serious?

No they need people there at specific peak times, so 7:30 am to 1 pm then out til 3:45 to close, which can be late due to delays in delivery.

Pet sitting huh?
What type of pet?

Just keep them well fed, maybe they won't gang up on you and blame you for Mama being gone. :lmao:

Most of them are outside. But she feeds them all so I have to make sure the food is kept up. My moms a "crazy cat lady" :lol:

How many does she have really though? I know it's not really millions, or at least I hope not! :1041: That is way too many!

Pet sitting huh?
What type of pet?

How many does she have really though? I know it's not really millions, or at least I hope not! :1041: That is way too many!

A dozen.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

A New England winter: cold, peaceful, beautiful
hfmqr-wallpapers-165425752-1920x1080.jpg

On last week's coding test I got a D, then after it was adjusted for errors in scoring, I got an A.

This week I turned in my test earlier today, and I got an F. After adjustment, I will probably end up with.....an F. :boo_hoo14:
In my coding class, you don't get a D until you get to a score of 70. As of now, I have 13.7 out of 20 possible points, or a 68.5. I know that I was correct on one part of a question that was marked wrong, but that's worth 0.2, which would get me up to 13.9 out of 20, or 69.5. Half a point away from at least a D.
There is another question that I believe should be coded differently, but I'm not very hopeful I'll end up right about that. If I am, that might give me another 0.67 points, getting me up to 14.57 out of 20, or 72.8. That would be a D. I'd need to get up to a 75 to get a C, and I am almost sure that isn't going to happen.
I made some stupid errors: a typo where a code should have been 5.0, but I typed 5.5; using a code that didn't include the acute nature of a diagnosis; one or two other things I should have just spent more time on. Unfortunately, there are also some that I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the coding. I sent an email to my instructor asking about each specific part I had an issue with, so hopefully she'll explain it in a way that makes sense. As of now, the textbook is not particularly clear about some things.

I'm not happy about it. :(

On last week's coding test I got a D, then after it was adjusted for errors in scoring, I got an A.

This week I turned in my test earlier today, and I got an F. After adjustment, I will probably end up with.....an F. :boo_hoo14:
In my coding class, you don't get a D until you get to a score of 70. As of now, I have 13.7 out of 20 possible points, or a 68.5. I know that I was correct on one part of a question that was marked wrong, but that's worth 0.2, which would get me up to 13.9 out of 20, or 69.5. Half a point away from at least a D.
There is another question that I believe should be coded differently, but I'm not very hopeful I'll end up right about that. If I am, that might give me another 0.67 points, getting me up to 14.57 out of 20, or 72.8. That would be a D. I'd need to get up to a 75 to get a C, and I am almost sure that isn't going to happen.
I made some stupid errors: a typo where a code should have been 5.0, but I typed 5.5; using a code that didn't include the acute nature of a diagnosis; one or two other things I should have just spent more time on. Unfortunately, there are also some that I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the coding. I sent an email to my instructor asking about each specific part I had an issue with, so hopefully she'll explain it in a way that makes sense. As of now, the textbook is not particularly clear about some things.

I'm not happy about it. :(

I know that disappoints you Montro, but it happens to pretty much everybody at least once. I am embarrassed to admit the only course I ever flat out flunked in my entire formal education all the way through college. One thing is for sure, you don't have to worry about your grade going down.

Yesterday at the store, Albertson's had Eggland's best eggs, the two dozen cartons, on sale. I grabbed the last carton off the shelf, checked to make sure all eggs were intact--they were--and happily put them in my shopping cart. I distinctly recall doing that. But this morning when I went for eggs to make my cake for our Sunday luncheon with Aunt Betty and Dana, no eggs. Checked the car. No they weren't there. Checked under the car. No I had not set them down. Checked my grocery ticket. They were not rung up.

So, being a darn good investigator, I have deduced some unscrupulous soul who really REALLY wanted those eggs filched them out of the cart when I wasn't looking. Now that takes gall.

I am annoyed.

Two negative posts on two consecutive days now. Time for an attitude adjustment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back