USMB Coffee Shop IV

27972172_2081475428624046_7851673724756615751_n.jpg

On last week's coding test I got a D, then after it was adjusted for errors in scoring, I got an A.

This week I turned in my test earlier today, and I got an F. After adjustment, I will probably end up with.....an F. :boo_hoo14:
In my coding class, you don't get a D until you get to a score of 70. As of now, I have 13.7 out of 20 possible points, or a 68.5. I know that I was correct on one part of a question that was marked wrong, but that's worth 0.2, which would get me up to 13.9 out of 20, or 69.5. Half a point away from at least a D.
There is another question that I believe should be coded differently, but I'm not very hopeful I'll end up right about that. If I am, that might give me another 0.67 points, getting me up to 14.57 out of 20, or 72.8. That would be a D. I'd need to get up to a 75 to get a C, and I am almost sure that isn't going to happen.
I made some stupid errors: a typo where a code should have been 5.0, but I typed 5.5; using a code that didn't include the acute nature of a diagnosis; one or two other things I should have just spent more time on. Unfortunately, there are also some that I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the coding. I sent an email to my instructor asking about each specific part I had an issue with, so hopefully she'll explain it in a way that makes sense. As of now, the textbook is not particularly clear about some things.

I'm not happy about it. :(

Can you retake the test?

Yesterday at the store, Albertson's had Eggland's best eggs, the two dozen cartons, on sale. I grabbed the last carton off the shelf, checked to make sure all eggs were intact--they were--and happily put them in my shopping cart. I distinctly recall doing that. But this morning when I went for eggs to make my cake for our Sunday luncheon with Aunt Betty and Dana, no eggs. Checked the car. No they weren't there. Checked under the car. No I had not set them down. Checked my grocery ticket. They were not rung up.

So, being a darn good investigator, I have deduced some unscrupulous soul who really REALLY wanted those eggs filched them out of the cart when I wasn't looking. Now that takes gall.

I am annoyed.

Two negative posts on two consecutive days now. Time for an attitude adjustment.

Maybe you were the victim of a prank! Lol!

On last week's coding test I got a D, then after it was adjusted for errors in scoring, I got an A.

This week I turned in my test earlier today, and I got an F. After adjustment, I will probably end up with.....an F. :boo_hoo14:
In my coding class, you don't get a D until you get to a score of 70. As of now, I have 13.7 out of 20 possible points, or a 68.5. I know that I was correct on one part of a question that was marked wrong, but that's worth 0.2, which would get me up to 13.9 out of 20, or 69.5. Half a point away from at least a D.
There is another question that I believe should be coded differently, but I'm not very hopeful I'll end up right about that. If I am, that might give me another 0.67 points, getting me up to 14.57 out of 20, or 72.8. That would be a D. I'd need to get up to a 75 to get a C, and I am almost sure that isn't going to happen.
I made some stupid errors: a typo where a code should have been 5.0, but I typed 5.5; using a code that didn't include the acute nature of a diagnosis; one or two other things I should have just spent more time on. Unfortunately, there are also some that I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the coding. I sent an email to my instructor asking about each specific part I had an issue with, so hopefully she'll explain it in a way that makes sense. As of now, the textbook is not particularly clear about some things.

Can you retake the test?

Nope.

Can you retake the test?

Nope.

Is it too late to bring up your grades?

Can you retake the test?

Nope.

It was just one grade, so I'm not failing the course or anything like that. My first 4 tests in this class, I got 2 Bs and 2 As. I still believe I will pass the class, but I worry that if I pass the class while not understanding a number of things within it, I might not be able to pass a certification exam when I complete my associate's, or I may have a hard time with an actual coding job.

Plus, this was far and away the worst grade I've gotten in a 'real' class since I began (I got a C in my cultural communication class, but that was one of those "you have to take one of these" electives, so I don't count it). Also, I tend to get frustrated and unhappy when I don't excel at things. :p

Can you retake the test?

Nope.

It was just one grade, so I'm not failing the course or anything like that. My first 4 tests in this class, I got 2 Bs and 2 As. I still believe I will pass the class, but I worry that if I pass the class while not understanding a number of things within it, I might not be able to pass a certification exam when I complete my associate's, or I may have a hard time with an actual coding job.

Plus, this was far and away the worst grade I've gotten in a 'real' class since I began (I got a C in my cultural communication class, but that was one of those "you have to take one of these" electives, so I don't count it). Also, I tend to get frustrated and unhappy when I don't excel at things. :p
That's okay, not everyone can be perfect like me.........

Oh wait!! Did I just say that out loud??!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! The Great and Powerful Odd has spoken!

Frustrated, been working on a vest with a leather collar, never done one before so it's a learning experience. Already had to take it apart three times till I finally got it right only to find out it won't work the way I did it so I just had to completely take it apart this time to modify the collar and hope it works the way I think it will.......
Oh and there's an artist display setup at a nearby park on Saturdays where one can display and sell their creations. Talked with the head lady and there's a "jury of your peers" review before you can set up, showed her some of my wrist cuffs and she was impressed, claimed the main purpose of the peer review was to keep out the flea market types.

Yesterday at the store, Albertson's had Eggland's best eggs, the two dozen cartons, on sale. I grabbed the last carton off the shelf, checked to make sure all eggs were intact--they were--and happily put them in my shopping cart. I distinctly recall doing that. But this morning when I went for eggs to make my cake for our Sunday luncheon with Aunt Betty and Dana, no eggs. Checked the car. No they weren't there. Checked under the car. No I had not set them down. Checked my grocery ticket. They were not rung up.

So, being a darn good investigator, I have deduced some unscrupulous soul who really REALLY wanted those eggs filched them out of the cart when I wasn't looking. Now that takes gall.

I am annoyed.

Two negative posts on two consecutive days now. Time for an attitude adjustment.

Maybe you were the victim of a prank! Lol!

Naw. I think somebody wanted that carton of eggs.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Winter on the high desert this year has offered a respite from the summer heat, but otherwise so far it has been the winter that never came.
a-desert-winter-sunrise-saija-lehtonen.jpg

My daughter had a pretty scary accident last night. She’s ok, will be pretty sore today, but it looked like every airbag deployed. She hit some black ice, spun out of control and hit a median barrier on the highway. There were no other cars involved, thank God.

I miss having her dad to get through stuff like that. :(

My daughter had a pretty scary accident last night. She’s ok, will be pretty sore today, but it looked like every airbag deployed. She hit some black ice, spun out of control and hit a median barrier on the highway. There were no other cars involved, thank God.

At least she's okay.

At least she's okay.

That’s the important thing.

At least she's okay.

Welp I could get preachy about driving too fast where black ice may exist but I won't........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

Wow. Scary. For her and her mom. Glad she is mostly okay.

At least she's okay.

Welp I could get preachy about driving too fast where black ice may exist but I won't........ :eusa_whistle:

Even when you know though, it happens. When we still lived up on the mountain, I was headed home through Tijeras Canyon late one afternoon. It was snowing pretty hard so nobody was traveling at high speeds, but the temperatures were high enough that the road surface was just wet and we weren't just creeping along either. Then we got to the bridge at Dead Man's Curve where the five cars in front of me hit the black ice and all started sliding and spinning. I was far enough back to get slowed down and just watched those cars sliding and weaving and spinning completely around like it had been choreographed. Miraculously none hit each other or anything else. Amazing to watch. But if I wasn't behind them aways so I could be prepared for the danger, I probably would have been one of them.

Last edited:

At least she's okay.

Even when you know though, it happens. When we still lived up on the mountain, I was headed home through Tijeras Canyon late one afternoon. It was snowing pretty hard so nobody was traveling at high speeds, but the temperatures were high enough that the road surface was just wet and we weren't just creeping along either. Then we got to the bridge at Dead Man's Curve where the five cars in front of me hit the black ice and all started sliding and spinning. I was far enough back to get slowed down and just watched those cars sliding and weaving and spinning completely around like it had been choreographed. Miraculously none hit each other or anything else. Amazing to watch. But if I wasn't behind them aways, I probably would have been one of them.
I understand how unpredictable black ice can be, hit a patch and did a slo-mo 360 in the middle of a major road, no one else on the road at that moment but if all her airbags deployed....... The vehicle was traveling too fast for the conditions, airbags don't deploy with a small bump or two.

At least she's okay.

Even when you know though, it happens. When we still lived up on the mountain, I was headed home through Tijeras Canyon late one afternoon. It was snowing pretty hard so nobody was traveling at high speeds, but the temperatures were high enough that the road surface was just wet and we weren't just creeping along either. Then we got to the bridge at Dead Man's Curve where the five cars in front of me hit the black ice and all started sliding and spinning. I was far enough back to get slowed down and just watched those cars sliding and weaving and spinning completely around like it had been choreographed. Miraculously none hit each other or anything else. Amazing to watch. But if I wasn't behind them aways, I probably would have been one of them.
I understand how unpredictable black ice can be, hit a patch and did a slo-mo 360 in the middle of a major road, no one else on the road at that moment but if all her airbags deployed....... The vehicle was traveling too fast for the conditions, airbags don't deploy with a small bump or two.

I asked her about that, she said she was keeping up with the flow of traffic. I chalk it up to lesson (hopefully) learned.

At least she's okay.

I asked her about that, she said she was keeping up with the flow of traffic. I chalk it up to lesson (hopefully) learned.
When I was 19 I used to give my wheelchair bound neighbor a ride to the same community college I was attending in Colorado, he was a classroom instructor for police defensive driving and taught me everything he knew. Can't tell you how many accidents I was able to avoid. Back in Northern Virginia I would be putzing down the snow and ice covered highways watching the flow of traffic wiz past me only to catch up with them later down the road in either pile ups or upside down in the ditch/median.

Forum List

Back