USMB Coffee Shop IV

I made a buffalo pot roast with an apple cider sauce.
It turned out really good.

Sounds like they're a lot of good cooks in the coffee shop. :}

I think I share the love of cooking with several in the Coffee Shop. Whether I qualify as a 'good cook' though is probably in the eye of the beholder. But it is something I really enjoy doing.

297698-Good-Morning-Happy-Valentine-s-Day-Gif-Quote.gif

Anybody doing anything special on Valentine's Day?

Dana and Aunt Betty are treating Hombre and me to a Valentine's Day lunch at a local steak house as it is also our wedding anniversary. We chose to do lunch as getting a table anywhere tonight will almost certainly require a long wait. Today few, if any, restaurants won't take reservations parties of less than six or more.

Dana and Aunt Betty are treating Hombre and me to a Valentine's Day lunch at a local steak house as it is also our wedding anniversary. We chose to do lunch as getting a table anywhere tonight will almost certainly require a long wait. Today few, if any, restaurants won't take reservations parties of less than six or more.

The little one is going to a cooking class this evening, her first. Tomorrow she has a Valentine's dance at school. We have to work on a report in what free time she'll have available outside of those things, after she gets her homework and normal studying done. I also need to do my own school work. That's about it for my plans. :p

I have been listening to Pink Floyd's album 'the division bell' over and over again. But I would like to find another album that is just as good. I don't know much about it but I think it is a more recent album than the classics like, 'dark side of the moon'. What I am looking for is a recent Pink Floyd album that is as good as 'the division bell'.

Trouble is I will have to buy the album without hearing it. Anybody know of recent Floyd albums they can recommend?

Happy-Anniversary-Pic-1.jpg

Happy St. Valentine's Day! Love is in the air along side flu viruses. Mom's 84th birthday was yesterday and I'm happy to report we avoided the starchy fare at Bob Evans. My Aunt Roxie suggested to Mom that she try a newly remodeled Italian restaurant in nearby Salem, Ohio. So my brother and sister-in-law, Mom and I bundled into my brother's Honda CRV and drove the twenty five minutes North for her birthday dinner.

We recalled passed birthdays and St. Valentine's Days. My nine year old nephew was at my brother's house Sunday evening decorating a shoe box as a St. Valentine's Day mailbox. Lots of lacy paper and red ribbons were glued over the Thom McAnn logos and a generous slot was cut in the lid.

Back when I was his age we did the same thing. We would exchange Valentines with all our classmates. Little sugary hearts with trite sayings like 'Oh! You kid!' and 'Be Mine!' written on top as well as foil wrapped heart shaped chocolates were given to inculcate us in the traditions of courtship. Images of cupids and hearts decorated the classroom and we were dressed by our Moms in red and white.

Meanwhile Spring seems to be waiting impatiently in the wings. On our daily walk in the park yesterday I heard birdsong that has been strangely mute for the past few months. Mute except for the crows that flock and take to wing as if they were in an East Liverpool dinner theater production of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.

Maple sugar production has begun as the sugar shacks are being readied. The maple syrup producers will be out in their sugar bush (a term used to describe groves of sugar maple trees, and that strip club out by the airport). They don't tap the trees as we were taught in the film strips teachers used to enthrall their classes back in the day. Rather they take a cordless drill out to the sugar bush, drill and tap a tree then attach a system of plastic tubing to draw the sap to the sugar shack. No more buckets hanging from each tree and no more horse drawn sledge with a big tank to collect the sap from those buckets.

Sunday marks the first Easter Pageant on the Hillside rehearsal. We will sort through the costumes, take inventory on the makeup and props, repair anything that did not fare too well since last year and maybe even read a few lines. Trinity Presbyterian church closed last month and the congregation merged with those attending Long's Run Presbyterian. The church building itself was sold to a community group which turned it into a community learning center.

That building suffered from some architectural missteps. A flat roof, no central air conditioning and an over abundance of concrete made it leaky, hot in the summer and spiritually cold all year long. The floors are polished concrete. The beams are exposed prestressed concrete. The altar is concrete. The forty foot tall walls in the sanctuary are concrete block. The equally tall clear glass windows in the sanctuary are one foot wide, suggesting the slits in a castle wall archers used to ward off attackers. It is more of a bunker than a place of spiritual worship.

But enough complaining about the old church. It's time now to look forward to Spring and embrace the love February 14th brings.

I have been listening to Pink Floyd's album 'the division bell' over and over again. But I would like to find another album that is just as good. I don't know much about it but I think it is a more recent album than the classics like, 'dark side of the moon'. What I am looking for is a recent Pink Floyd album that is as good as 'the division bell'.

Trouble is I will have to buy the album without hearing it. Anybody know of recent Floyd albums they can recommend?

I have never minded Pink Floyd's music--enjoy a lot of it even--but I don't own any of their albums. My daughter likes their album "The Wall"

Last edited:

I have never minded Pink Floyd's music--enjoy a lot of it even--but I don't own any of their albums. My daughter likes their album "The Wall"

I have been targeted by amazon because of searching for Pink Floyd albums, and a banner add appeared at the top of this forum suggesting the album 'wish you were here' so I brought it.

I took my daughter out to lunch today, not for any special reason, but because we were running errands and both hungry. We went to a Japanese restaurant; we both love sushi and sashimi. Walked in, had lunch, had a great talk. As we’re walking out, I noticed all these balloons all over the place. I’m dodging red ribbons hanging from these heart-shaped Mylar balloons, and I said, loudly, “Oh my God! I forgot it’s Valentine’s Day!”

The waitress laughed at me. My daughter, who has no significant other at the moment, said, “Oh. Yeah, I guess it is!”

I wasn’t the romantic in the relationship......

We got a valentine's gift today.
Good luck our way for a change. :)
Mr. P won the daily quarter drawing today at the Eagles.
$111.00 dollars! yeah!!!

Mr. P saw the skin wound doc this morning.
He says it'll be another 4weeks before it is completely fully healed.
Wow - from Sept. till the middle of March. 7months.
That gives you all some clue as to how deeply the blood blisters ate into his skin.
I could not take the scraping of dead skin off, so I always left the room, till it was all over with. My poor baby. :(
He has had more pain off and on with this ,than any of the other things that's happened to him last year.
His next appt. is Wednesday. Looks like once a week from now on till he's done. :biggrin:

I have been targeted by amazon because of searching for Pink Floyd albums, and a banner add appeared at the top of this forum suggesting the album 'wish you were here' so I brought it.
You chose well.

Animals is excellent too.

Daj... Ding is not leading you down the garden path with his recommendation of the 'Animals' album... Excellent music... 1977 I was a very fortunate individual and a friend gave me a ticket to see Pink Floyd in Frankfurt, Germany at the Festhalle and it was right after the release the Animals Album... All it cost me was a r/t Train ticket and a 10 gram chunk of Black Hashish... Life was good...

pink floyd animals frankfurt germany 1977 - Bing video

Forum List

Back