USMB Coffee Shop IV

Checking in over at a small board I help moderate now and then, I ran across this:

The brief explanation was that a new human species has been identified:

dba0f131d6372ee80f122c29c71ebcfe868fe76a.jpeg

I think I completed my spiritual journey ahead of schedule. So grateful to the Mojave Shamans... such a beautiful people!

Details? And you are feeling better these days Sixfoot?

:smiliehug:

I'll have to post more specifically later as I'm about to head out to a baby shower, but I've had several psychedelic journey's assisted by real shamans with the full chanting and drumming. I've also been on a doctor-assisted cannabis ingestion regimen of THC, CBD, and terpene saps. Lots of good results all around. Almost hate to have to go back at this point. lol

Our dirt road is all tore up by our trash truck this morning. Another trash truck came to help and now it's stuck too.
They both got stuck down near the neighbors again and are still there right now.
Our poor road is so tore up, I hope Mr. P doesn't get stranded trying to come home. :)
That's going to be a mess if I have to lug in the groceries from far away, at least I have my trusted rubber boots. :)
We were looking at property on the high plains years ago, all dirt roads, every one around had 4 wheel drive, not so much for the snow but for the monsoon season when the roads turn to red molasses. Needless to say we decided against it........

It's not real bad here during the monsoon because the water runs off faster.
When it rains like this ,the ground gets really soaked, then it's molasses! :)
Monsoon season commute......

giphy.gif

Exactly ! :)
Now triple that mess with two trash trucks and a tow truck.
A great big huge mess. :biggrin:

Luckily one of our neighbors has a huge 4wheel drive pick up and drove up and down over the deep ruts, he had to do it several times in order to get it a little smoother.
Still a mess though .

We were lucky up on the mountain. Our road and driveway was dirt, but the ground was so rocky that the road never got really soft even in the rainiest times. We were far more likely to get stuck in the snow up there than we were in the mud.

Well we did have gravel ,now it's nothing but mud mixed with the gravel. :)
They'll come out here,grate it and regravel it. Our little county is pretty good at keeping it maintained. We are a suburb of Benson.

Benson city has their own trash , but we have 2 private trash companies that the people can use out here.

I bet the owner is pretty angry, because those big huge heavy duty tow trucks are not cheep. :biggrin:

I'm still vertical. More and more busy these days. I'm Commander of my local American Legion. A member of the United Veterans Council, a member of the Mahoning Veterans memorial, Member of the Vietnam Veterans of America. And a member of the Circle of Trustees for the Butler Institute of American Art. Gotta keep moving....

I'm putting my older sister on the vigil list friends. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday because her oxygen was low but was feeling fine last night and expected to be sent home this morning. But she was not released and then this afternoon had a heart attack and actually coded for a brief time. They were able to revive her and sent her up to ICU where she is doing much better and is stable tonight. They still have no clue what brought it on. Had it not happened in the hospital, we almost surely would have lost her. Bad scare for the family.

I'm putting my older sister on the vigil list friends. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday because her oxygen was low but was feeling fine last night and expected to be sent home this morning. But she was not released and then this afternoon had a heart attack and actually coded for a brief time. They were able to revive her and sent her up to ICU where she is doing much better and is stable tonight. They still have no clue what brought it on. Had it not happened in the hospital, we almost surely would have lost her. Bad scare for the family.

Fingers crossed it ends up being found and easily correctable, MamaFox.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

Through technology we are capable of creating dinosaurs and show them on the screen even though they are extinct 65 million years. That is an incredible thing. --Werner Herzog

sQRce3q.jpg

Sending positive thoughts.

Just got this in my e-mail:

An old farmer was asked to give the opening prayer at the church board meeting. So he started out:

Lord, you know I don't like buttermilk. (The pastor raised an eyebrow.)
And Lord you know I ain't partial to lard. (The pastor raised both eyebrows.)
And Lord, I don't eat raw white flour or baking powder or salt. (The pastor wondered where he was going with this.)
But Lord, when they all get mixed together and heated up in the oven, I sure like the biscuits.
So Lord, we all are hearing and going through a lot of stuff we don't like. We just need to figure when you get done mixing everything up, we'll get something even better than biscuits.​

Whether we are praying folks or not here, I think/hope there is a lesson in that. :)

Well, now I know why I asked for recommendations of Pink Floyd albums. I have since brought two albums without having heard them, and one is good and the other is crap. The good one is called 'wish you were here'
The bad one is called 'the endless river'
The reason I wanted to find good new albums is because I love the album ' the division bell' and play it a lot. But I tire of the same thing so I wanted to find another album as good. I read a review which said the album ' the endless river' was out takes of 'the division bell' so I thought it would be good. But it is nothing more than a lot of short tracks that probably were left over from recording ' the division bell' so I am disappointed with it.

Meekly raises hand. . . .

Oh, it's a terrible mistake - something like not having heard the Beatles or Elvis Presley :)

I'm sure. I grew up with Elvis and was pretty young when the Beatles came onto the American scene and enjoyed them, but just never got into the Pink Floyd crowd for some reason and therefore didn't have a lot of exposure to that band. Maybe a bit too progressive/psychedelic for my tastes? I didn't develop an appetite for a lot of John Lennon's stuff after he left the Beatles maybe for the same reason though that too was a matter of taste rather than based on any philosophical criteria or ideology. But I did and do enjoy a few select songs from both.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back