USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have heavy wind advisory tonight with gusts of 40 to 45 mph.
All the light lawn chairs are inside tonight. :)

And it is back to being warm around here. We had some snow the other day and now it's all gone, thankfully! It was around 50 degrees today and is supposed to be fairly warm (for February anyways) for pretty much the whole week. Woo hoo! :D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
J.M. Barrie,
Peter-Pan-To-Neverland1.jpg

Oh, it's a terrible mistake - something like not having heard the Beatles or Elvis Presley :)

No one really needs to hear any Elvis. :p
I was never a big Elvis fan myself but I did like Elvis Costello..........

I wasn't a huge Elvis fan when I was a kid--certainly not the "I'm going to faint" type fan so many were--but all his hits were very good to dance to. I actually appreciate him as an artist more now. One of those truly God given voices that was unlike any other. So many of the male singers--Pat Boone, Tony Bennett, Perry Como et al--had wonderful voices, but there was a kind of sameness to them and sometimes you couldn't tell them apart unless you already knew who sang which hit. But you always knew it was Elvis when you heard him.
Everyone has their favorites he just wasn't one of mine. Not that I didn't like some of his work I just never understood the near God like worship of Elvis and that alone turned me off.

A real good looking man with a deep voice can turn any woman into a blithering idiot. Add that with good singing voice .
Women tend to melt and drool. :biggrin:

Oh .. that explains it... :26:

Meekly raises hand. . . .

Oh, it's a terrible mistake - something like not having heard the Beatles or Elvis Presley :)

No one really needs to hear any Elvis. :p
I was never a big Elvis fan myself but I did like Elvis Costello..........

I wasn't a huge Elvis fan when I was a kid--certainly not the "I'm going to faint" type fan so many were--but all his hits were very good to dance to. I actually appreciate him as an artist more now. One of those truly God given voices that was unlike any other. So many of the male singers--Pat Boone, Tony Bennett, Perry Como et al--had wonderful voices, but there was a kind of sameness to them and sometimes you couldn't tell them apart unless you already knew who sang which hit. But you always knew it was Elvis when you heard him.

My older brother looked a lot like Elvis, I could tell by all the gals waiting for him on the porch all the time.. Elvis opened up a can of worms (jiggle jiggle) and spent a good amount of time as the King, great music and great memories.

. I started being interested in popular music with the Beatles, riding around on my banana seat stingray and my rocket ship transistor radio.

Can't say that I'm a fan of Elvis music. That kind of music is before my time, although it certainly is not the worst music I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to a lot of other bands instead though. :)

Elvis was my time, in the early sixties, and I had a lot of his albums. I expect there are a lot of Elvis tracks you would like but have never heard. Not that I listen to his stuff any more. I currently like 'Talking Heads' and 'Pink Floyd' But I also used to be into classical, and my favorite symphony is Mahler's 2 . I love that music.

Omigawd! Somebody brought Red Velvet Oreos to our office today.

Why have I never heard of these before? They are DELISH!!!!!!

I'm willing to try them, as they sound fine, but I wonder if they can be better than normal Oreos, which are already close to cookie perfection. :p

I have been informed by one of my knowledgeable colleagues that Oreos come in a wide array of flavors these days! i.e. Peeps and Hazlenut...

Oreo Cookie Flavor List - The Impulsive Buy

I'm willing to try them, as they sound fine, but I wonder if they can be better than normal Oreos, which are already close to cookie perfection. :p

I have been informed by one of my knowledgeable colleagues that Oreos come in a wide array of flavors these days! i.e. Peeps and Hazlenut...

Oreo Cookie Flavor List - The Impulsive Buy

So many choices, so little time.

And it is back to being warm around here. We had some snow the other day and now it's all gone, thankfully! It was around 50 degrees today and is supposed to be fairly warm (for February anyways) for pretty much the whole week. Woo hoo! :D

We had high wind warning overnight last night and a chance for rain showers changing over to snow. And for once in a blue moon they hit the forecast--we had some major league wind, enough rain to get things wet, and this morning woke up to a light dusting of snow. Chilly out now--mid 30's but the snow has melted. Accuweather says we could get more snow in 70 minutes--they like to be precise :) --but looking at the radar, I'm not really seeing it. At least it does feel like February out there for a change.

We had high wind warning overnight last night and a chance for rain showers changing over to snow. And for once in a blue moon they hit the forecast--we had some major league wind, enough rain to get things wet, and this morning woke up to a light dusting of snow. Chilly out now--mid 30's but the snow has melted. Accuweather says we could get more snow in 70 minutes--they like to be precise :) --but looking at the radar, I'm not really seeing it. At least it does feel like February out there for a change.

OUTCH!
We were lucky, heavy wind very ,very little rain.
Which is good, I have a reg. check up with my Doc. tomorrow morning.
I'm hoping I don't get stuck. :)

OUTCH!

The radar isn't showing any activity anywhere in Arizona right and none in New Mexico that could back up over you, so I think you're probably home free.

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery yesterday morning and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his eye surgery and my check up with my eye doctor--of course in separate locations--grrr. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

And I'm putting Hombre's twin sister on the vigil list. She was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer last month and underwent a laparoscopic procedure to remove it. But her onocologist advised her today that some chemo is advisable. I just hate that for her. She is one of my favorite people in the world.

Last edited:

OUTCH!

The radar isn't showing any activity anywhere in Arizona right and none in New Mexico that could back up over you, so I think you're probably home free.

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his surgery and my check up with my eye doctor. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

And I'm putting Hombre's twin sister on the vigil list. She was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer last month and underwent a laparoscopic procedure to remove it. But her onocologist advised her today that some chemo is advisable. I just hate that for her. She is one of my favorite people in the world.

Yep, that was pretty much my schedule most of last year with Mr. P.
He has doc. appt. tomorrow also for his skin wounds.
Mines at 9:30 and his is at 10:00. :)

Forum List

Back