USMB Coffee Shop IV

When I came out of the VA building it was snowing to beat the band. :thup:

Snowing? The little one has a friend over, and they just got done jumping on the trampoline while being sprayed by the sprinkler. :p
It wasn't sticking, above freezing and the snow stopped a while ago at least up here in north east ABQ but it's still a little too chilly to be spraying people with a hose...... Unless you really don't like them........

The one thing the doc was pleased with was that I still have full range of motion in my right shoulder, painful depending on which way I move it but still full range.

Had my Ortho consult today, we covered both shoulders and both knees but concentrated on the right shoulder, the current problem one. Apparently I've had multiple rotator cuff tears over the years I knew nothing about which has caused some muscles in my shoulder to atrophy, I also have a chronic inflamed upper bicep but the worse is a major rotator cuff tear were each half of the muscle has separated to the front and back of my shoulder. The bicep issue can be fixed with surgery but it's possible the rotator cuff is too far gone to be properly repaired so I had a cortisone shot to help ease the pain and will be starting PT in hopes that we can at least get me back to a better place physically before I landed hard on it and caused the current major damage. We will talk about surgery after the PT is complete.

I still don't know what went wrong with my left shoulder, but my physical therapist last year said that while they don't know what causes adhesive capsulitis or really how to fix it, physical therapy can help, but generally the best 'cure' is simply time. And when i figured out I could do the P.T. as well at home as going to the facility periodically and paying a co-pay, I have just been living with it. And it is getting better. I certainly am not entirely pain free nor do I have full range of motion, but I'll take the improvement I've had.

Looks like you have a genuine diagnosis that can be treated though so best of luck on that. I do recommend the Healthplex on Forest Hills (the street that goes south from San Antonio and San Pedro) as a very good facility and close to home unless you have to go to the VA for PT.

Had my Ortho consult today, we covered both shoulders and both knees but concentrated on the right shoulder, the current problem one. Apparently I've had multiple rotator cuff tears over the years I knew nothing about which has caused some muscles in my shoulder to atrophy, I also have a chronic inflamed upper bicep but the worse is a major rotator cuff tear were each half of the muscle has separated to the front and back of my shoulder. The bicep issue can be fixed with surgery but it's possible the rotator cuff is too far gone to be properly repaired so I had a cortisone shot to help ease the pain and will be starting PT in hopes that we can at least get me back to a better place physically before I landed hard on it and caused the current major damage. We will talk about surgery after the PT is complete.

I still don't know what went wrong with my left shoulder, but my physical therapist last year said that while they don't know what causes adhesive capsulitis or really how to fix it, physical therapy can help, but generally the best 'cure' is simply time. And when i figured out I could do the P.T. as well at home as going to the facility periodically and paying a co-pay, I have just been living with it. And it is getting better. I certainly am not entirely pain free nor do I have full range of motion, but I'll take the improvement I've had.

Looks like you have a genuine diagnosis that can be treated though so best of luck on that. I do recommend the Healthplex on Forest Hills (the street that goes south from San Antonio and San Pedro) as a very good facility and close to home unless you have to go to the VA for PT.
VA for everything since the main facility is here in town though I'm sure some things are farmed out. So far I've had great service here, some wait to get in but still great service and treatment.

VA for everything since the main facility is here in town though I'm sure some things are farmed out. So far I've had great service here, some wait to get in but still great service and treatment.

Dana on the vigil list was an emergency room doctor at the VA here for a lot of years before her heart problems forced her into early retirement. She still stays in touch with a lot of the staff there--I have had the pleasure of meeting some of them--and they all seem like good people.

Dana on the vigil list was an emergency room doctor at the VA here for a lot of years before her heart problems forced her into early retirement. She still stays in touch with a lot of the staff there--I have had the pleasure of meeting some of them--and they all seem like good people.
Most I've dealt with are very nice and helpful, some aren't but that's to be expected. Some are jerks normally and everyone has a bad day now and again.

BYHW1PwIMAAzM-b.jpg

So sorry, Ringel05 for I have read a bit on rotator cuff tears and how excruciating and harmful they can be. My energy is with you as you battle the results of those rotator cufff tears which have caused you much damage.

Yes. This old age stuff really sucks sometimes but it could be so much worse.

Yea ! I can't complain, I am relatively healthy. But I am getting slowly weaker, and puffed myself out just changing a lightbulb today. Bloody lightbulb was one of those new types that says it lasts 10 years, but it didn't last two.
Please do take care of your wonderful self, Dajjal. You are special to me and I am sure many others. I love your Avatar. It is peaceful and brings me comfort every time I look at it. ;)

It's cold!
A little after 8:00 and it's 30°

It's 65 here. Unfortunately it's also wet; I had planned to mow the lawn when the little one leaves to her dad's, but now I'll probably need to wait.
You come across to me as one great dad, Montrovant. Also, one great person.

Well, I'm a manny, but thanks. :)

Did you not raise one of the little's one parents? :)
You are a great Dad!

It's cold!
A little after 8:00 and it's 30°

It's 65 here. Unfortunately it's also wet; I had planned to mow the lawn when the little one leaves to her dad's, but now I'll probably need to wait.
You come across to me as one great dad, Montrovant. Also, one great person.

Well, I'm a manny, but thanks. :)

Did you not raise one of the little's one parents? :)
You are a great Dad!

No, I did not raise either of the little one's parents. The little one is the only child I've helped raise. ;)

I might be good with young children, but I get the feeling I wouldn't be so good with an older child. I don't think I'd do well trying to handle a teenager. :lol:

Forum List

Back