USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have heavy wind advisory tonight with gusts of 40 to 45 mph.
All the light lawn chairs are inside tonight. :)

And it is back to being warm around here. We had some snow the other day and now it's all gone, thankfully! It was around 50 degrees today and is supposed to be fairly warm (for February anyways) for pretty much the whole week. Woo hoo! :D

We had high wind warning overnight last night and a chance for rain showers changing over to snow. And for once in a blue moon they hit the forecast--we had some major league wind, enough rain to get things wet, and this morning woke up to a light dusting of snow. Chilly out now--mid 30's but the snow has melted. Accuweather says we could get more snow in 70 minutes--they like to be precise :) --but looking at the radar, I'm not really seeing it. At least it does feel like February out there for a change.

OUTCH!
We were lucky, heavy wind very ,very little rain.
Which is good, I have a reg. check up with my Doc. tomorrow morning.
I'm hoping I don't get stuck. :)

The radar isn't showing any activity anywhere in Arizona right and none in New Mexico that could back up over you, so I think you're probably home free.

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his surgery and my check up with my eye doctor. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

And I'm putting Hombre's twin sister on the vigil list. She was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer last month and underwent a laparoscopic procedure to remove it. But her onocologist advised her today that some chemo is advisable. I just hate that for her. She is one of my favorite people in the world.

Yes, it's extremely hard to see the ones you love having to go through that. :smiliehug:
BUT!
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger and more appreciative!! :biggrin:
Mr. P and I are proof of that. Whew!

And it is back to being warm around here. We had some snow the other day and now it's all gone, thankfully! It was around 50 degrees today and is supposed to be fairly warm (for February anyways) for pretty much the whole week. Woo hoo! :D

We had high wind warning overnight last night and a chance for rain showers changing over to snow. And for once in a blue moon they hit the forecast--we had some major league wind, enough rain to get things wet, and this morning woke up to a light dusting of snow. Chilly out now--mid 30's but the snow has melted. Accuweather says we could get more snow in 70 minutes--they like to be precise :) --but looking at the radar, I'm not really seeing it. At least it does feel like February out there for a change.

OUTCH!

The radar isn't showing any activity anywhere in Arizona right and none in New Mexico that could back up over you, so I think you're probably home free.

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his surgery and my check up with my eye doctor. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

And I'm putting Hombre's twin sister on the vigil list. She was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer last month and underwent a laparoscopic procedure to remove it. But her onocologist advised her today that some chemo is advisable. I just hate that for her. She is one of my favorite people in the world.

Yes, it's extremely hard to see the ones you love having to go through that. :smiliehug:
BUT!

Yes. This old age stuff really sucks sometimes but it could be so much worse. And I certainly have not had to cope with what you two have gone through this year. We've talked a lot about the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's lately and those times were so much better in so many way than some of the stuff that goes on now. But some of the bad stuff then is better now. And as much as modern medicine sucks, they can fix or cure so many things now that they could not have back then.

So I guess its always better to count the blessings we have. :)

We have heavy wind advisory tonight with gusts of 40 to 45 mph.
All the light lawn chairs are inside tonight. :)

OUTCH!

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery yesterday morning and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his eye surgery and my check up with my eye doctor--of course in separate locations--grrr. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

Wow, I feel like giving you a hug and sending you on a free peace filled vacation... You deserve it...

I'll tell you what, you're at the top of my list if fortune smiles again... :coffee:

OUTCH!

This is the week for doctors for us. Sister is still in the hospital and will be for some time. Hombre had his second cataract surgery yesterday morning and a follow up this morning, both of which I needed to serve as driver for. Tomorrow I take Aunt Betty to her allergy doctor and Thursday to her appointment for an injection to prevent damage from macular degeneration. Monday is Hombre's final check up for his eye surgery and my check up with my eye doctor--of course in separate locations--grrr. Good thing we have calendars to keep it all straight.

Wow, I feel like giving you a hug and sending you on a free peace filled vacation... You deserve it...

I'll tell you what, you're at the top of my list if fortune smiles again... :coffee:

Thanks Lumpy ((hugs)) but I don't need/deserve a break as much as Peach and Mr. P. do. And you've been through your own ordeals this last couple of years or so too. But we get through it and life is good.

OUTCH!

BUT!

Yes. This old age stuff really sucks sometimes but it could be so much worse. And I certainly have not had to cope with what you two have gone through this year. We've talked a lot about the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's lately and those times were so much better in so many way than some of the stuff that goes on now. But some of the bad stuff then is better now. And as much as modern medicine sucks, they can fix or cure so many things now that they could not have back then.

So I guess its always better to count the blessings we have. :)

Funny, I was such an idiot back then and didn't know it until much later. I'm still an idiot but I'm smart enough now to realize it sooner, FWIW. Not making the same mistakes at least or not as often. And I'm not alone, I got the missus, family, a few friends, and you guys. Definitely count your blessings, there are many people out there with less than what we got.

OUTCH!

Thanks Lumpy ((hugs)) but I don't need/deserve a break as much as Peach and Mr. P. do. And you've been through your own ordeals this last couple of years or so too. But we get through it and life is good.

mmm.. I wonder if you and my lady love are related, in other words, I always feel blessed.

One week until I see my surgeon again. As long as he clears me, I’ll go back to work March 1.

Thank God!

Sounds like you're beginning to feel really good. But again a precautionary warning to not overdo so your body can complete the healing process. It does take time. :)

Yes. This old age stuff really sucks sometimes but it could be so much worse.

Yea ! I can't complain, I am relatively healthy. But I am getting slowly weaker, and puffed myself out just changing a lightbulb today. Bloody lightbulb was one of those new types that says it lasts 10 years, but it didn't last two.

It turns out that I missed my first exam in my coding class. I am pretty sure it is because of the way the class page is set up: I click on a button labeled Content to find the things I need to do in my classes, but for some reason, our exams do not get put into the Content tab in the Coding class. I didn't realize it until weeks later, when I read an announcement regarding Exam 2. I lost 50 of the 600 points for the class, which works out to 8.3333 points out of 100. Ugh, I wish I had written down the exam schedule rather than just waiting to see it with the other work on the page.

I just got done with Exam 2, and I got an A, nearly 100. There is a written question that will have to be manually graded, and I got half of the final question wrong. However, I'm not sure that I was incorrect about it; I left the second of 2 code boxes blank, because there is a condition that is implied by lab results but not specifically diagnosed, and that condition was supposed to be coded according to the program. However, we have been told repeatedly that we don't code things based solely on lab results, we need to have a provider diagnosis. I sent an email asking about it, so it's possible I could end up with 100 for the exam.

I also will be getting an unknown number of bonus points in the class for attending a meeting a couple of weeks ago, and it's possible there could be some other sort of extra credit available before the class ends. I might still have a shot at pushing my grade to an A, despite the one bad quiz I had and missing the first exam. I know I only need a C to pass the class, and that employers aren't likely to be looking up my class results or GPA when I try to get a job after I graduate, but I hate not excelling in my schoolwork. :mad:

Now that the exam is done, it's off to play with the little one. :)

It turns out that I missed my first exam in my coding class. I am pretty sure it is because of the way the class page is set up: I click on a button labeled Content to find the things I need to do in my classes, but for some reason, our exams do not get put into the Content tab in the Coding class. I didn't realize it until weeks later, when I read an announcement regarding Exam 2. I lost 50 of the 600 points for the class, which works out to 8.3333 points out of 100. Ugh, I wish I had written down the exam schedule rather than just waiting to see it with the other work on the page.

I just got done with Exam 2, and I got an A, nearly 100. There is a written question that will have to be manually graded, and I got half of the final question wrong. However, I'm not sure that I was incorrect about it; I left the second of 2 code boxes blank, because there is a condition that is implied by lab results but not specifically diagnosed, and that condition was supposed to be coded according to the program. However, we have been told repeatedly that we don't code things based solely on lab results, we need to have a provider diagnosis. I sent an email asking about it, so it's possible I could end up with 100 for the exam.

I also will be getting an unknown number of bonus points in the class for attending a meeting a couple of weeks ago, and it's possible there could be some other sort of extra credit available before the class ends. I might still have a shot at pushing my grade to an A, despite the one bad quiz I had and missing the first exam. I know I only need a C to pass the class, and that employers aren't likely to be looking up my class results or GPA when I try to get a job after I graduate, but I hate not excelling in my schoolwork. :mad:

That sucks about the first quiz. At least you have opportunities to pick up extra points.

I think you demonstrate pride, ambition, work ethic Montro. Somebody is going to be lucky to get you when you move on from where you are.

It turns out the little one has both a friend over, and her little.....sort of nephew (grandson of my employer's SO). I'll be mostly doing my own thing tonight, I think. :)

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E.M. Forster

moving-on-letting-go-quotes38.jpg

Had my Ortho consult today, we covered both shoulders and both knees but concentrated on the right shoulder, the current problem one. Apparently I've had multiple rotator cuff tears over the years I knew nothing about which has caused some muscles in my shoulder to atrophy, I also have a chronic inflamed upper bicep but the worse is a major rotator cuff tear were each half of the muscle has separated to the front and back of my shoulder. The bicep issue can be fixed with surgery but it's possible the rotator cuff is too far gone to be properly repaired so I had a cortisone shot to help ease the pain and will be starting PT in hopes that we can at least get me back to a better place physically before I landed hard on it and caused the current major damage. We will talk about surgery after the PT is complete.

Forum List

Back