USMB Coffee Shop IV

Meekly raises hand. . . .

Oh, it's a terrible mistake - something like not having heard the Beatles or Elvis Presley :)

No one really needs to hear any Elvis. :p

We have a LOT of Elvis in our music collection. Maybe everything he ever recorded. :)

Hombre, before he met me, went to one of his concerts in Lubbock TX. Said the admission was a hefty $2/person.

So many - most - of his songs became anthems that everybody, young and old know. I would be hard put to pick an absolute favorite but this one would be high on the favorite list, especially to dance to.

Last edited:

Oh, it's a terrible mistake - something like not having heard the Beatles or Elvis Presley :)

We have a LOT of Elvis in our music collection. Maybe everything he ever recorded. :)

Hombre, before he met me, went to one of his concerts in Lubbock TX. Said the admission was a hefty $2/person.

So many - most - of his songs became anthems that everybody, young and old know. I would be hard put to pick an absolute favorite but this one would be high on the favorite list, especially to dance to.

It was $6.60 to see the Beatles at Red Rocks in 64.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

But the image is more than just tempting art, and it draws her into a world of shadows and desire- into the world of Faerie.”
Melissa Marr
Fairies-magical-creatures-7841068-1280-800.jpg

Sure but the national median income was around $6500.......... a dozen eggs were $0.54, a gallon of gas was $0.30 and a first class stamp was $0.05.

Sure but the national median income was around $6500.......... a dozen eggs were $0.54, a gallon of gas was $0.30 and a first class stamp was $0.05.

But then most people could afford $6 for a ticket to a good show back then. But these days even people on median incomes think twice before laying out $200+ for less than the best seats at somebody's show; more to an NFL game.

I was never a big Elvis fan myself but I did like Elvis Costello..........

I wasn't a huge Elvis fan when I was a kid--certainly not the "I'm going to faint" type fan so many were--but all his hits were very good to dance to. I actually appreciate him as an artist more now. One of those truly God given voices that was unlike any other. So many of the male singers--Pat Boone, Tony Bennett, Perry Como et al--had wonderful voices, but there was a kind of sameness to them and sometimes you couldn't tell them apart unless you already knew who sang which hit. But you always knew it was Elvis when you heard him.

Yes and it took about 2 nights of 4hrs. of baby sitting to pay for it. :)
But I was only 13 at the time.

Yup. But if we could just resist spending it, that baby sitting money added up.

Yup. But if we could just resist spending it, that baby sitting money added up.

Years of saving it is part of what I used to go to Woodstock. :)

I wasn't a huge Elvis fan when I was a kid--certainly not the "I'm going to faint" type fan so many were--but all his hits were very good to dance to. I actually appreciate him as an artist more now. One of those truly God given voices that was unlike any other. So many of the male singers--Pat Boone, Tony Bennett, Perry Como et al--had wonderful voices, but there was a kind of sameness to them and sometimes you couldn't tell them apart unless you already knew who sang which hit. But you always knew it was Elvis when you heard him.
Everyone has their favorites he just wasn't one of mine. Not that I didn't like some of his work I just never understood the near God like worship of Elvis and that alone turned me off.

Everyone has their favorites he just wasn't one of mine. Not that I didn't like some of his work I just never understood the near God like worship of Elvis and that alone turned me off.

A real good looking man with a deep voice can turn any woman into a blithering idiot. Add that with good singing voice .
Women tend to melt and drool. :biggrin:

I never got into the worship thing either. Always struck me as silly, maybe even a bit phony, and also bugged me that it was just somehow wrong? I can't explain that as anything other than a vague nagging kind of discomfort. But I can sure appreciate talent and Elvis did have that. Plus I liked the songs too.

I never got into the worship thing either. Always struck me as silly, maybe even a bit phony, and also bugged me that it was just somehow wrong? I can't explain that as anything other than a vague nagging kind of discomfort. But I can sure appreciate talent and Elvis did have that. Plus I liked the songs too.
Mostly I think I just got bored hearing them all the time. Much of the music I grew up with I no longer listen to, except for a few songs I don't really like it that much any more. Of course there's that whole disco thing I never listened to...........

Mostly I think I just got bored hearing them all the time. Much of the music I grew up with I no longer listen to, except for a few songs I don't really like it that much any more. Of course there's that whole disco thing I never listened to...........

I don't know. We have an extensive music collection stretching from the 1940's into the 1980's,plus a lot of classical. But after the 1980's the really good songs are few and far between. And our collection includes all genre's from rock to blues to folk to country to pop and easy listening. And good music is good music in whatever period or genre you find it.

Forum List

Back