USMB Coffee Shop IV

A friendly acquaintance, whom I see maybe twice a year, ended our last encounter with, “Good to see you again, when are you going to get a boyfriend?”

I know it probably came from a place of well-meaning concern, but it felt like a complete affront. What the hell?

I was polite, by the way, but it keeps popping up in my thoughts, along with the annoyance. Maybe writing it down will exorcise the remark from my brain.

Well, from what I see around here, you are an intelligent, funny, caring person. It is my heartfelt wish that you can find a relationship with a man that brings you joy and meaning when YOU feel ready and willing. Until then, know I enjoy posting when you are about.

ricechickie, when my sister committed suicide people said all sorts of weird shit to me. It's hard to know why people say what they say. Just have to take the good intentions from people and ignore the weird ones.

Thank you both.

I am just getting used to thinking of myself as single. I’m in no hurry to find someone else.

2 1/2 years without him is a drop in the bucket after a 20 year marriage.

I gave myself two years after the divorce to get myself in a good personal place. Was looking for work and the boss of the receptionist suggested she ask me to a comedy club. Worked out very nicely for me, 20 years next month.

A friendly acquaintance, whom I see maybe twice a year, ended our last encounter with, “Good to see you again, when are you going to get a boyfriend?”

I know it probably came from a place of well-meaning concern, but it felt like a complete affront. What the hell?

I was polite, by the way, but it keeps popping up in my thoughts, along with the annoyance. Maybe writing it down will exorcise the remark from my brain.

Well, from what I see around here, you are an intelligent, funny, caring person. It is my heartfelt wish that you can find a relationship with a man that brings you joy and meaning when YOU feel ready and willing. Until then, know I enjoy posting when you are about.

ricechickie, when my sister committed suicide people said all sorts of weird shit to me. It's hard to know why people say what they say. Just have to take the good intentions from people and ignore the weird ones.

Thank you both.

I am just getting used to thinking of myself as single. I’m in no hurry to find someone else.

2 1/2 years without him is a drop in the bucket after a 20 year marriage.

I gave myself two years after the divorce to get myself in a good personal place. Was looking for work and the boss of the receptionist suggested she ask me to a comedy club. Worked out very nicely for me, 20 years next month.

That’s wonderful for you both.

I also have a classmate that is entering the dating world again after the death of her husband a few years ago. She has been very funny with her stories of online dating services and the men she has gone out with. No big catch yet, but the flowers and gifts are mounting up. :lol:

The Palm Sunday performance of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside just wrapped up. We had a good crowd, in spite of the cold. Estimates came in at 150. I saw one kid wearing a t short with no jacket. Us old people folks in the cast were thinking about greasing our bodies the way someone who was to swim the English Channel would to stave off the chill.

The final performance is next Saturday. The weather guessers say it will be in the mid fifties by then. We had a crew up yesterday to shovel the three inches of snow from the hillside. No sense in tramping around in sandals when there is that much snow on the ground. But, then again, I saw young girls, slaves to fashion, wearing flip flops at the park earlier last week.

Ah! Youth! Not just the guts Tom wear so little, but the immune system to keep double pneumonia at bay.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

On March 26 we observe:
  • Legal Assistants Day
  • Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
  • Maryland Day
  • National Nougat Day
  • Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Day
  • Seward's Day
  • Spinach Day
    b6e54f07f66eb502862dc669dd0beabc.jpg
    anchorage-alaska.jpg
    beautiful-alaska-usa-.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-25_23-40-59.png
    upload_2018-3-25_23-40-59.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 14
  • upload_2018-3-25_23-47-13.png
    upload_2018-3-25_23-47-13.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 17

Whenever YOU are ready to is when. I know people mean well, but I don't like it when they feel you should have some kind of a time limit on your grief or when you are ready to "move on" whatever the hell that means.

If ice cream is not overly sweet, then I doubt the meringue-like encasement of it would be too sweet. I know the meringues I make are not overly sweet. And the cake part wouldn't have to be overly sweet either--I would probably use angel food cake if I made one.

Forum List

Back