USMB Coffee Shop IV

By the way, just a friendly heads up everybody. If you're out and about today, you might want to stay alert as the Chinese space station is going to crash to Earth sometime this weekend and they aren't real sure just where that will be. And they're pretty sure a good chunk of it won't burn up in the atmosphere.

And the estimates for where it could hit are still just between 43 degrees north and 43 degrees south....so just about anywhere. :p

But wow. If we have to go, how special would it be to be the one person on the planet who was dispatched via a crashing space station?

I'd expect to end up like the main character from Dead Like Me: killed by a toilet seat from the falling space station. :lol:

By the way, just a friendly heads up everybody. If you're out and about today, you might want to stay alert as the Chinese space station is going to crash to Earth sometime this weekend and they aren't real sure just where that will be. And they're pretty sure a good chunk of it won't burn up in the atmosphere.

And the estimates for where it could hit are still just between 43 degrees north and 43 degrees south....so just about anywhere. :p

You won't see it coming, if it hits you. Anyone know if homeowners insurance covers a man made satellite crash? Flo? Little lizard? Farmers?

Hombre was a master all lines adjuster for many years and his best thing was property claims. He assures us that we are covered if the space station hits the house. All homeowners policies cover falling objects. There now, don't you feel better?

Hombre was a master all lines adjuster for many years and his best thing was property claims. He assures us that we are covered if the space station hits the house. All homeowners policies cover falling objects. There now, don't you feel better?

The plan is to have the satellite take out the house, make a claim and sell the satellite back to China or make an attraction out of it.

So...there is a posting for my job at the post office. This means:

1. I am getting fired. Most unlikely of the possibilities. They wouldn't post first then fire. Plus they seem to like me.
2. We are getting extra help. Also not very likely. Management would have said something.
3. One of my fellow clerks is taking another job. Most likely, as several have been looking and one is known to have a good shot at another place.

If number three happens I am senior to move up into the career position. This is a nice deal for me. I can earn time toward a pension, get a nice raise and contribute to a matching thrift plan. May take a few weeks before I know for sure.

Back from the grocery store with all the fixings I didn't already have for Easter lunch/dinner tomorrow:

Spiral cut ham with pineapple orange sauce
Potato salad
Orange fluff salad
Tossed salad
Carrot souffle
Deviled Eggs (with Sherry in mind. :) )
Strawberry Shortcake for a mid afternoon dessert

Most we'll do ahead tonight.

The little one isn't feeling good today. She went to her dad's yesterday evening, and starting last night her stomach started bothering her; she threw up a number of times, apparently. She's been feeling bad for most of the day, although she did apparently eat a decent dinner when she went out with her mom earlier. Now she's laying in my bed watching SpongeBob until she goes to sleep. Hopefully it's just a little stomach bug and she'll feel better tomorrow for Easter, and for her upcoming week-long vacation.

Back from the grocery store with all the fixings I didn't already have for Easter lunch/dinner tomorrow:

Potato salad
Orange fluff salad
Tossed salad
Carrot souffle

I am on my way!:flirtysmile4:

Potato salad
Orange fluff salad
Tossed salad
Carrot souffle

Okay, I'll set another place. Two if Mr. K comes. :)

We wrapped up the Easter Pageant on the Hillside today. My brother and I had to step up and take the parts played by one of the old veterans in the production. He has whatever is going around robbing people temporarily of their voices. One of his parts is the voice of the angel who meets the women at the empty tomb. My brother got that part while I played the part of the High Priest arguing for Christ's death before Pontus Pilate. There is some karmic justice in the decision of our director, but I'll allow the imaginations of my readers to fill in the blanks.

The weather was fine, not spectacular, but fine for an outdoor performance.

This morning I was awakened by soft wines from Daisy the Mutt. She sat at the foot of the bed gently crying to be let outside. In the dark of the bedroom, I asked my robotic overlord "Alexa, what time I spent it?"

"It's five forty seven AM."

"What do you want, Daisy?" I asked my dog not expecting an answer.

"I want a cheesesteak and an order of fries." replied Alexa.

It's getting weirder and weirder these days.

And now I see by the clock that we have arrived at Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter everyone!

Aren't we the luckiest people?

Potato salad
Orange fluff salad
Tossed salad
Carrot souffle

Okay, I'll set another place. Two if Mr. K comes. :)

He wouldn't miss it! :)

We wrapped up the Easter Pageant on the Hillside today. My brother and I had to step up and take the parts played by one of the old veterans in the production. He has whatever is going around robbing people temporarily of their voices. One of his parts is the voice of the angel who meets the women at the empty tomb. My brother got that part while I played the part of the High Priest arguing for Christ's death before Pontus Pilate. There is some karmic justice in the decision of our director, but I'll allow the imaginations of my readers to fill in the blanks.

This morning I was awakened by soft wines from Daisy the Mutt. She sat at the foot of the bed gently crying to be let outside. In the dark of the bedroom, I asked my robotic overlord "Alexa, what time I spent it?"

Happy Easter everyone!

It's on my bucket list to attend one of your Easter pageants. I hope you (and your brother) have good roles when I do.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

And a Blessed Easter to all:
beautiful-easter-eggs-37991928.jpg
Beautiful-Easter-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg
beautiful-wallpaper-download-22.jpg
Easter_Sunday.png

Happy Easter everyone!

It's on my bucket list to attend one of your Easter pageants. I hope you (and your brother) have good roles when I do.

As the cast and crew gathered for our pre-show briefing and prayer, a grandmother entered to tell us this story:

Last Sunday she brought her seven year old grandson to the Easter Pageant on the Hillside. It was the first time he had seen our production. He sat quietly and took in all the sights and sounds of the show. He did not say a word.

On the car ride back home, Grandma asked him what he thought of the Pageant.

"I heard that story before" he said "But I never knew it was true until today."

The little one's belly is better today...while mine has been horrible.

Thankfully I don't seem to have whatever she did, but instead am just experiencing the all-too-frequent digestive troubles I normally do. It's still not making for a happy day, though. :p

The little one's belly is better today...while mine has been horrible.

Thankfully I don't seem to have whatever she did, but instead am just experiencing the all-too-frequent digestive troubles I normally do. It's still not making for a happy day, though. :p

Sending wellness prayers and thoughts your way Montro.

Our Easter luncheon went great followed by the annual watching of "Ben Hur." We sent the guests home with care packages created out of the leftovers and Dana left Carly with us as she flies to Salt Lake in the morning for a follow up visit for her heart transplant. Assuming she is doing as well as she and we think she is, she'll be home on Wednesday.

I just got a C on a quiz, but of the dozen or so answers I was marked wrong on, there were only 2 that I was clearly wrong about. There were a few where I had to code an external cause that was unclear; for example, an incident in a playground was supposed to be coded as in a public park, but I didn't think a playground and park were the same thing. Another had a farmer plowing his field coded as doing property or yard maintenance, but I thought that meant more like landscaping than plowing a field, so I coded it differently. There were at least 1 or 2 more in that vein. There were also a couple that I am certain I am correct about, and a couple more I am pretty sure I am correct about, so I've got my fingers crossed it will eventually be bumped up to at least a B.

My belly is feeling better tonight. We'll see how it is tomorrow while I'm watching the little one for 3 hours at her softball camp, then driving her to a play date, then picking her up after the play date, and then perhaps going to see her at her gymnastics class. If I'm feeling bad again tomorrow, I'll skip the gymnastics. :p

Time to watch some TV before bed!

Forum List

Back