USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. I hope that the fourth was with you all in the day just ended.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

cinco-de-may-may-5-calendar-29230011.jpg

. . .snip. . .

Tonight Aunt Roxie is in trouble. She is in Cleveland waiting for the biopsy results from Uncle Jim's emergency surgery. They found a tumor attached to his bladder and effecting the function of his lower bowel. My cousins have rallied around and yet I feel helpless here 150 miles away. I am worried about her and my uncle. But Aunt Roxie was the first great influence on me after my parents and my big Scottish uncles. Every time I chew Bazooka Joe, I grin and remember Aunt Roxie.

We know how you feel Nosmo. I am pretty much my Aunt Betty's only reliable caretaker so I don''t dare venture far for long--she will be 92 her birthday. But Hombre's twin sister, who I love dearly, is not tolerating the chemo well at all and has been suffering in the hospital for more than two week now even after they stopped the chemo as the residual effects can be fierce. And she is 14 hours away so we worry and care from afar.

I have repeat dreams.
We all do...Recognizing the repetitive nature of dreaming is part of being able to attain lucidity in the dream...When you recognize that you're having a repeating scenario, you then do a reality check and notice that you're dreaming...It's at that point where you can begin to take control of what happens next.

Interesting but I think I'll just stick with whatever dreams come to me.
I sometimes have lucid dreams in colour. I realize I am dreaming and that I can make things happen and that usually involves trying to find a female. But most of my dreams are not lucid, they are just strange.

I have dreams where I have a big test but I never went to class and so I panic. :lol:

I have similar dreams. I am at an appointment at work but forgot the paper work, it is time for a test but I didn't study, I am the speaker at an event and didn't prepare--that in truth has actually happened to me but thank goodness I'm pretty good at winging it--I am someplace totally inappropriately dressed or in one of those dreams in which I am undressed--or I need to be someplace and can't find it--I am in a hotel and don't remember what my room is and I don't have the key--that kind of thing.

I once heard or read or something that our dreams are often a means of working out things and therefore those frustrating kinds of dreams are a teaching experience. What the lesson is I don't know though.

I have also heard opinions that dreams are actually out of body experiences, which could explain some things and/or offers all kinds of speculative possibilities. :)

Last edited:
I have repeat dreams.
We all do...Recognizing the repetitive nature of dreaming is part of being able to attain lucidity in the dream...When you recognize that you're having a repeating scenario, you then do a reality check and notice that you're dreaming...It's at that point where you can begin to take control of what happens next.

Is that what you mean by lucid dreaming? Being aware that you are dreaming? I do that a LOT. It comes in real handy in the very occasional nightmare as I realize that I have the power to wake myself up and stop it.

Is that what you mean by lucid dreaming? Being aware that you are dreaming? I do that a LOT. It comes in real handy in the very occasional nightmare as I realize that I have the power to wake myself up and stop it.
It's being aware and taking control...If you had watched the Stewart Bell videos, you'd know that he had nightmares too...But you can take control of the nightmare...A lot of times it's your subconscious reaching out to you or seeking more information...Try stopping and confronting whatever situation it is in your next nightmare...It's a dream and certainly can't harm you.

It's being aware and taking control...If you had watched the Stewart Bell videos, you'd know that he had nightmares too...But you can take control of the nightmare...A lot of times it's your subconscious reaching out to you or seeking more information...Try stopping and confronting whatever situation it is in your next nightmare...It's a dream and certainly can't harm you.

Admitting I didn't watch all of the videos as there just wasn't sufficient interest at the time, but the topic in general is interesting to me. As for the nightmares, I don't want them to continue so usually I know I am dreaming and simply wake myself up. Sigh contentedly that I was able to stop it by waking up and go back to sleep. The nightmare rarely reoccurs. These are usually something bad chasing me and I am unable to run, unable to dial a phone for some reason--oddly the phones all still have dials instead of buttons in my dreams :)--can't get the car started or it turns into something other than a car. Or I have forgotten to do something for a pet or a person and can't find them to correct it. Stuff like that. And I have no doubt all this relates to things that I do or have dreaded or feared in my past or maybe latent guilt for something I didn't resolve. At any rate they are very rare and I just wake myself up. And it is very rare that they reoccur at least at that time.

Now the good lucid dreams--when I know I am dreaming and not bound by natural inhibitions--I am extremely frustrated when I wake up and can't get back to them. But oh well. :)

Just got home from visiting my son who is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Had a wonderful visit and our week together went by way too quickly. Loved the weather and spoiled the crap out of my 3 grandkids.

Admitting I didn't watch all of the videos as there just wasn't sufficient interest at the time, but the topic in general is interesting to me. As for the nightmares, I don't want them to continue so usually I know I am dreaming and simply wake myself up. Sigh contentedly that I was able to stop it by waking up and go back to sleep. The nightmare rarely reoccurs. These are usually something bad chasing me and I am unable to run, unable to dial a phone for some reason--oddly the phones all still have dials instead of buttons in my dreams :)--can't get the car started or it turns into something other than a car. Or I have forgotten to do something for a pet or a person and can't find them to correct it. Stuff like that. And I have no doubt all this relates to things that I do or have dreaded or feared in my past or maybe latent guilt for something I didn't resolve. At any rate they are very rare and I just wake myself up. And it is very rare that they reoccur at least at that time.

Now the good lucid dreams--when I know I am dreaming and not bound by natural inhibitions--I am extremely frustrated when I wake up and can't get back to them. But oh well. :)
Just stop trying to run, and see what it is that whatever is chasing you wants....It's probably something totally benign...Then after you address it, the nightmares probably won't return.

Just stop trying to run, and see what it is that whatever is chasing you wants....It's probably something totally benign...Then after you address it, the nightmares probably won't return.

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.

My crystal ball says that Mendelssohn #14 will beat the favorite Justify #7 to win the Kentucky Derby.

My crystal ball says that Mendelssohn #14 will beat the favorite Justify #7 to win the Kentucky Derby.

By the way, are you Irish that you picked an Irish horse? He was 7 to 1 the last time I looked, but I agree he is an interesting one to watch.

I love the Derby. No more magnificent event in all of the horse racing world. :)

Forum List

Back