USMB Coffee Shop IV

The year was 1976... I had just graduated from AIT at Ft Jackson, S.C. and was on leave... I flew into Louisville and some friends from back home (120 miles away) picked me up at the airport and we went to the Derby... We were in the infield and should have been arrested... I really do wish I remembered more of the day, but alas I was trashed... My only experience at a horserace...

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?

Not yet. :)

My pick for the winner of the Kentucky derby finished dead last. Going to have my crystal ball drilled out so I can use it as a bowling ball.

Something to ponder:

31870660_1591853570942603_3929510070676619264_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. I hope that the fourth was with you all in the day just ended.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

This sort of sums up a lot of today's discussion in the Coffee shop:
scarecrows-quotes-2.jpg

Last edited:
Morning everyone, woke up with my back killing me but it's pretty much expected as I've been working out more lately. Yesterday went the the Indian arts and crafts fair in Bernalillo, lots of very expensive items....... Then took a drive up to the Jemez Pueblo just for the halibut......... Other than that didn't do much except work on trying to find out why my modem keeps intermittently dropping the wifi signal, primarily in the evening.......... when I use lots of bandwidth..........

Something to ponder:

31870660_1591853570942603_3929510070676619264_n.jpg
Humans.

I saw the 'shadow' animals first. Weird.
Simply, visual perception. As to what it means in terms of why some see one image or the other first is still open to debate at different levels.

And don't forget that just because someone sees the animals or people first at one viewing, doesn't mean they'd see the same thing first at another viewing. There are probably a number of different factors involved in what a person sees first, from purely physiological ones to psychological.

I have 'supernatural' or 'sci fi' dreams too in which I know I am dreaming. They usually are not at all disturbing, just interesting. I can fly, breathe under water and do all sorts of things. I haven't lifted any refrigerators or walked through walls--that's probably a guy thing. :)
Been experimenting with it for the last several years...Worked the very first time I tried it after becoming aware of the phenomenon...The next one didn't happen for about a year and a half.

Read some books on it and spent some time on forums with people who are naturals at it...Tried a bunch of herbs and other things to have more success at it (were only coming once every 4-6 weeks)...Then I discovered a new preparation called Claridream...I can take that once at every 5 days max, and I've only not gone lucid a couple times since I began the regimen...I'm now working on staying in the dream and getting a little more out of it, other than just hanging in there and seeing where it goes.

A very surreal experience.

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Lucid-Dreaming-Oneironautics/dp/0761177396&tag=ff0d01-20

Claridream PRO
If you think lucid dreaming is great, try astral projection. It's a trip (pun intended).

Do you have repeat dreams where you revisit certain locations or repeat some specific actions? I have a series of different places, and different themes that recur in my lucid dreams.
I have repeat dreams and locations, but haven't snapped into lucidity during those dreams...I'll have to put some concentration on getting lucid during the recurring ones.
The repeaters are the ones during which I am most lucid. Perhaps I am controlling where and how the dream progresses. I have lots of locations, a gravel river bed, climbing to a mountain lodge, various houses, among others. Situations include: not being able to find my uniform/proper insignia, showing up to teach an engine class in a skirt and heels, or riding a mighty steed through a shopping mall to fight a dragon. Some are creepy, scary but most are fun or challenging.

Had an incredible lucid dream last night..

Was in a home workshop very much like the one my grandfather had in his basement when I snapped into recognizing I was in a dream...Tried pushing my hand through a cinder block wall and it didn't work...Sure that I was dreaming, I jumped in the air and floated up until my head penetrated the ceiling, then floated back down to the floor like a feather falling..Spent a couple minutes doing wacky stuff like walking through walls and picking up refrigerators with one hand, then decided to try and have some sort of meaningful experience....So I shouted out that I wanted to discover something useful or meaningful for my "awake" life, then heard some grunting animal noises, that I guess were supposed to be scary, coming from down a darkened hallway...Knowing I was in a dream and that I couldn't be harmed, I shouted "NO! NOT SCARED!" and out of the darkness came a little toddler boy....Acting glad to see him, I knelt down and asked him what he had for me...He started babbling something incomprehensible that sounded like a foreign language that I couldn't even begin to take a guess at.

I then woke up...Fell back asleep and popped into a couple other lucid moments, but that was the most memorable of them...Curioser and curioser.
Do you have repeat dreams where you revisit certain locations or repeat some specific actions? I have a series of different places, and different themes that recur in my lucid dreams.

I have repeat dreams.
What are they about?

I have repeat dreams.
We all do...Recognizing the repetitive nature of dreaming is part of being able to attain lucidity in the dream...When you recognize that you're having a repeating scenario, you then do a reality check and notice that you're dreaming...It's at that point where you can begin to take control of what happens next.

Is that what you mean by lucid dreaming? Being aware that you are dreaming? I do that a LOT. It comes in real handy in the very occasional nightmare as I realize that I have the power to wake myself up and stop it.
Not just aware that you are dreaming, but exerting some level of control over what happens during the dream. If something wakes me while lucid dreaming, I can usually go back into the dream, as long as I don't have to get up and focus on some other issue. There are definitely times when I know I'm trying to work out some anxiety or problem that's been bothering me.

Shiny and colorful....:)

Anyone who has the chance, visit the Santa Maria Air Museum in NM. It's small but has some really neat displays. When I went there, they had one of the only operational P38s. They were flying "airshows" periodically, featuring their flying history. I didn't know it then, but I discovered that many combat aircraft had flight control surfaces (aileron, rudder, and elevator) made of fabric. Why? They could take a hit and still remain functional often when metallic control surfaces would be deformed or destroyed if shot through.

Forum List

Back