USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night Darlinks. No change in the vigil list.

And hello again! :)

Hey Sbiker! Been missing you.

My life is not well organized, so I can periodically be out :) A kind of character, I think, or maybe a zodiak sign :)

Life, especially the one that isn't precisely structured, does have a way of taking us in many different directions. I would be the first to say that in the grand scheme of things, the Coffee Shop or message boarding in general should be pretty far down on the list in importance. :)

"What Does the Fox Say?" was written and intended as a joke and was never intended to be taken seriously. But there was something about it that really caught on and it became an immediate hit. One of my very favorite renditions was on "Dancing with the Stars" several years ago when Derek Hough choreographed a team dance around it. It was the terrific.

I wouldn't know that song if it weren't for the little one. :p

To a quasi-musician though, it is good stuff.

I am a quasi-musician, and while it's a nice kid's song, otherwise I'm not a fan. :lol:

My life is not well organized, so I can periodically be out :) A kind of character, I think, or maybe a zodiak sign :)

Life, especially the one that isn't precisely structured, does have a way of taking us in many different directions. I would be the first to say that in the grand scheme of things, the Coffee Shop or message boarding in general should be pretty far down on the list in importance. :)

Who knows, what is really important in this world? Wanna make the God to laugh - just tell him about your plans...

Good morning everybody. Was just scanning the news here and there on the internet this morning and ran across this. Apparently NFL fans have had a lot of fun with this, most giving negative if not mean reviews for Tom Brady's outfit at the Met Gala last night.

So what do you think? Have we evolved to the point that the guys should be able to wear something different than the usual plain tuxedo or business suit as formal wear? Or is this a not that good a look? (That is if you guys can sort of ignore Mrs. Brady (Gisele Bündchen Brady) long enough to focus on Tom. :) )

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

Good morning everybody. Was just scanning the news here and there on the internet this morning and ran across this. Apparently NFL fans have had a lot of fun with this, most giving negative if not mean reviews for Tom Brady's outfit at the Met Gala last night.

So what do you think? Have we evolved to the point that the guys should be able to wear something different than the usual plain tuxedo or business suit as formal wear? Or is this a not that good a look? (That is if you guys can sort of ignore Mrs. Brady (Gisele Bündchen Brady) long enough to focus on Tom. :) )

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
There are people other than Gisele in the picture??!!

I will say that I didn't find Brady's outfit to be inappropriate and I think he looks very nice. I don't mind if the guys choose to be fashionable along with the ladies though I personally prefer a masculine trend more than an effeminate one for the guys. I don't think Brady looks at all effeminate. But dashing characters of old were quite stylish and decorative in their dress:

th
upload_2018-5-8_9-57-42.jpeg
th
th

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
When Giselle told Tom they were going to the opera, did Tom think he was really going to the Opry as in Grand Ol'?

I will say that I didn't find Brady's outfit to be inappropriate and I think he looks very nice. I don't mind if the guys choose to be fashionable along with the ladies though I personally prefer a masculine trend more than an effeminate one for the guys. I don't think Brady looks at all effeminate. But dashing characters of old were quite stylish and decorative in their dress:

th
View attachment 192470
th
th
Not formal enough........ I prefer something a little more courtly......

451de1cb829805d6255b98e6caec2e70.jpg

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
When Giselle told Tom they were going to the opera, did Tom think he was really going to the Opry as in Grand Ol'?

Does that mean you don't like his outfit? I didn't think country when I saw it but I guess it could be.

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

Does that mean you don't like his outfit? I didn't think country when I saw it but I guess it could be.
Wearing a jacket like that means you're either crooning a country tune in Nashville or hailing a cab for a tenant in Manhattan.

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

Wearing a jacket like that means you're either crooning a country tune in Nashville or hailing a cab for a tenant in Manhattan.

LOL. Okay we'll put you down as 'not a fan'. :)

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

LOL. Okay we'll put you down as 'not a fan'. :)
I am the last man to advise anyone,on wardrobe. Right now I'm wearing a Bob Marley t shirt I bought on a Christmas vacation in the Bahamas, khaki shorts and Reebok tennis shoes.

My sartorial choices run in the 'bruised' palette of solid colors brown, green, navy blue and black. Draped over my endomorphic frame, I tend not to present clothes well. I do ties well, choosing more colorful cravats.

Winter brings out my collection of solid color fleeces and The Ohio State University sweatshirts. Levi's and corduroy round out the wardrobe. If you're looking for a clothes horse, move on for I will disappoint.

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

I don't think either of them looks particularly good in this picture. :p

Brady's jacket might be fine, if it wasn't paired with that turtleneck. I don't think the beads or stones down the seams of the pants would ever work, though. :lol:

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
We've not devolved enough yet.
mens fashion.jpg

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
View attachment 192518
Nope but I'm slowly getting there........ Paused in the mid to late 1800s..........

dennisdoc.jpg

92e2ceb5ccb6dd73aebc2895ee65fcbf.jpg

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
View attachment 192518
Nope but I'm slowly getting there........ Paused in the mid to late 1800s..........

dennisdoc.jpg

92e2ceb5ccb6dd73aebc2895ee65fcbf.jpg
Serviceable and attractive without the peacock effect of earlier fashions.

Forum List

Back