USMB Coffee Shop IV

Foxfire it is been so hot here in France for at least a week.my batteries are empty :badgrin: so I drink but not too much;)

Accuweather says it is about 76f in Lyon today. It is 87 in Albuquerque going up to 89f or 90f today. So I will try really hard to be sympathetic Dalia, but in all honesty my heart may not really be in it. :) (Temperature is all relative anyway as to what we are used to.)
It's hot all of a sudden and after falling again the temperature is playing yoyo here in my area. the summer here is torrid I prefer the places a little less hot but well, c'est la vie .

Yes there's little we can do about the weather, but fortunately it seems to be okay to gripe about it no matter where we are. :)

We are coming up on the hottest part of the summer for us which is generally June and July--I've always felt June was hotter because it is mostly dry whereas our monsoon season with a bit of rain and a lot more clouds to block out some of the sun cools things down a bit beginning around the first or second week in July.
We must accept all seasons what my mother tells me but hey, she is not there she travels with her rich companion:badgrin:. foxfire I do not know about you but here the seasons are not like before us it's the middle of August that it's hot hot a catastrophe;)
You want a hot nasty August? Visit Virginia, DC in August, you'll never complain about your summers ever again..........
Maybe so, but here in 2003 we had 15,000 dead because of the heat but it is not overwhelming every summer like 2003.

Accuweather says it is about 76f in Lyon today. It is 87 in Albuquerque going up to 89f or 90f today. So I will try really hard to be sympathetic Dalia, but in all honesty my heart may not really be in it. :) (Temperature is all relative anyway as to what we are used to.)
It's hot all of a sudden and after falling again the temperature is playing yoyo here in my area. the summer here is torrid I prefer the places a little less hot but well, c'est la vie .

Yes there's little we can do about the weather, but fortunately it seems to be okay to gripe about it no matter where we are. :)

We are coming up on the hottest part of the summer for us which is generally June and July--I've always felt June was hotter because it is mostly dry whereas our monsoon season with a bit of rain and a lot more clouds to block out some of the sun cools things down a bit beginning around the first or second week in July.
We must accept all seasons what my mother tells me but hey, she is not there she travels with her rich companion:badgrin:. foxfire I do not know about you but here the seasons are not like before us it's the middle of August that it's hot hot a catastrophe;)
You want a hot nasty August? Visit Virginia, DC in August, you'll never complain about your summers ever again..........
Maybe so, but here in 2003 we had 15,000 dead because of the heat but it is not overwhelming every summer like 2003.
Europe isn't used to that kind of heat and Europeans typically shun air conditioning.

Europe isn't used to that kind of heat and Europeans typically shun air conditioning.
I have air conditioning at home but I do not use it a little later for now I open the windows I have mosquito nets in 2003 it was so hot that many houses the walls cracked

I have air conditioning at home but I do not use it a little later for now I open the windows I have mosquito nets in 2003 it was so hot that many houses the walls cracked
It's 91 degrees F here and we don't have our AC on yet, just the windows open and fans going, it's fairly comfortable.

It's 91 degrees F here and we don't have our AC on yet, just the windows open and fans going, it's fairly comfortable.
Everyone can not stand the heat in the same way. around me certain are not too much affect by the heat it depends

That's the thing. It is the rare dwelling or business in this part of the world that doesn't have air conditioning. But I grew up in New Mexico in an area that generally has warmer average temps than Albuquerque and air conditioning, even electric fans, were pretty much non existent. But that was a time when you could leave your windows wide open to catch the night breezes or even pull the beds outside at night if it was unusually hot and it was perfect safe.

And we are blessed that it cools down at night here too. When we lived in Kansas, it was not unusual in the summer for it to be 80 or 90 degrees or more at midnight with 90+% humidity. Without refrigerated air, that could be pretty unbearable, but we also had $200 or higher electric bills every month too.

That's the thing. It is the rare dwelling or business in this part of the world that doesn't have air conditioning. But I grew up in New Mexico in an area that generally has warmer average temps than Albuquerque and air conditioning, even electric fans, were pretty much non existent. But that was a time when you could leave your windows wide open to catch the night breezes or even pull the beds outside at night if it was unusually hot and it was perfect safe.

And we are blessed that it cools down at night here too. When we lived in Kansas, it was not unusual in the summer for it to be 80 or 90 degrees or more at midnight with 90+% humidity. Without refrigerated air, that could be pretty unbearable, but we also had $200 or higher electric bills every month too.
Just think, if we were living in Phoenix right now we'd be running the heat with 90 degree outside temps........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I consider a/c to be up there with food and shelter in the necessities of life. :p

The a/c in my car doesn't work, and I'm not yet sure just how much I'm going to be willing to spend to get it fixed. I didn't pay much more than $2000 for the car and some replacement parts when I got it, but I set an appointment today to have it looked at and just the diagnostic is going to cost me $100. For most things, I'd just do without and save the money, but a/c? I don't think I can. :lol:

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

One of the things about lucid dreams is that you can control the scary ones, directing the action and diminishing the scary parts.

I do not know how to do that but i never try either, there is also the fact that some dreams seem so real that I ask if I did not really see or live it. i hope i explain myself well enough ?

I think Ringel posted some very informative videos about lucid dreaming. You can train yourself to do it.

It's kind of neat, though, watching the birds wander around searching for their food.

We used to raise Guineafowl back in the day... You can't find cheaper entertainment than a flock of Guineas... Damn good security alarms also... Ours used to roost on the truss's in the barn... Any strange movement and they raised a ton of hell and put a brick under the corner...

guinea-fowl-with-chicks-jpg.jpg

Raising Guinea Fowl: A Low-Maintenance Flock
Guinea fowl are on my list of critters to acquire. There may be some available later in the summer. Amusing and attractive, I wonder how they'll fit in with my growing flock of various critters.

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

One of the things about lucid dreams is that you can control the scary ones, directing the action and diminishing the scary parts.

I do not know how to do that but i never try either, there is also the fact that some dreams seem so real that I ask if I did not really see or live it. i hope i explain myself well enough ?

I think Ringel posted some very informative videos about lucid dreaming. You can train yourself to do it.

Twasn't me. :dunno: I can only remember having dreams in color maybe twice in my life and most of my dreams have to do with frustration.

It's kind of neat, though, watching the birds wander around searching for their food.

We used to raise Guineafowl back in the day... You can't find cheaper entertainment than a flock of Guineas... Damn good security alarms also... Ours used to roost on the truss's in the barn... Any strange movement and they raised a ton of hell and put a brick under the corner...

guinea-fowl-with-chicks-jpg.jpg

Raising Guinea Fowl: A Low-Maintenance Flock
Guinea fowl are on my list of critters to acquire. There may be some available later in the summer. Amusing and attractive, I wonder how they'll fit in with my growing flock of various critters.

Guinea fowl are native to Africa and their natural habitat is a hot, dry climate. They seem to be really adaptable when it comes to habitat though and I bet they would do okay in Alaska though in the coldest part of winter you might need to have a heated hen house for them and of course means to keep liquid water for them. If I remember right they are omnivorous eating grain, seeds, and worms, bugs, and stuff.

It's all relevant, really. 91 F here would kill me. It's 57F here right now and I'm waiting for evening to get back to work because it's a bit too hot to work outside. Sunset is scheduled for around 2230 (1030 pm), so evening will be a bit later, for sure.

Guinea fowl are native to Africa and their natural habitat is a hot, dry climate. They seem to be really adaptable when it comes to habitat though and I bet they would do okay in Alaska though in the coldest part of winter you might need to have a heated hen house for them and of course means to keep liquid water for them. If I remember right they are omnivorous eating grain, seeds, and worms, bugs, and stuff.

They are definitely a hearty bird... We never had went to any great lengths to house them in warmer areas... It can get pretty damn cold in Indiana but sheltered from the wind they done fine... Had a heat lamp for the chickens and the door into the barn was always opened first thing in the morning so they would have access to water... I split wood and kept straw in this barn so their was scratchin material for them when the ground was covered with snow... They sure do make a lot of noise though...
life was good back then...

I consider a/c to be up there with food and shelter in the necessities of life. :p

The a/c in my car doesn't work, and I'm not yet sure just how much I'm going to be willing to spend to get it fixed. I didn't pay much more than $2000 for the car and some replacement parts when I got it, but I set an appointment today to have it looked at and just the diagnostic is going to cost me $100. For most things, I'd just do without and save the money, but a/c? I don't think I can. :lol:
I would love a swamp cooler as well as the AC, swamp for the hot dry days and AC for the hot muggy days.

I would love a swamp cooler as well as the AC, swamp for the hot dry days and AC for the hot muggy days.

I don't think it gets dry enough in Georgia for a swamp cooler. :D

No but it does get humid enough to walk around in SCUBA gear........ :eusa_whistle:

No but it does get humid enough to walk around in SCUBA gear........ :eusa_whistle:

It's not as bad as it was in Florida, though. ;)

Although actually, looking at the weather here and in Tampa right now, while Tampa is about 10 degrees hotter, it's actually quite a bit more humid here, 64% compared to 47%.

It's not as bad as it was in Florida, though. ;)

Although actually, looking at the weather here and in Tampa right now, while Tampa is about 10 degrees hotter, it's actually quite a bit more humid here, 64% compared to 47%.
When I lived in El Paso 47% was stifling humidity......... :lol:

Forum List

Back