USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. I hope that the fourth was with you all in the day just ended.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Put May 9 in my browser and it brought up this photo. Works for me. :)
Aves-HD_Animales-HD_01.jpg

They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

One of the things about lucid dreams is that you can control the scary ones, directing the action and diminishing the scary parts.

I do not know how to do that but i never try either, there is also the fact that some dreams seem so real that I ask if I did not really see or live it. i hope i explain myself well enough ?

I think Ringel posted some very informative videos about lucid dreaming. You can train yourself to do it.

Twasn't me. :dunno: I can only remember having dreams in color maybe twice in my life and most of my dreams have to do with frustration.

Pretty well all my dreams are in colour (English spelling of color) I seem to dream every night but they are not usually lucid and I forget what they were about soon after waking. Sometimes I dream of flying, and I regularly have worry dreams about forgetting to clock in at work.

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

Hi. Dalia, I'm at the same wave as you, with beer. Today was a Day of Victory, day-off, so I'm drinking beer and remembering realtives, who took part in WW2. And also it's a good day of May.

P.S. It seems I have a much of beer... May Day! :)

You want a hot nasty August? Visit Virginia, DC in August, you'll never complain about your summers ever again..........
Maybe so, but here in 2003 we had 15,000 dead because of the heat but it is not overwhelming every summer like 2003.
Europe isn't used to that kind of heat and Europeans typically shun air conditioning.
I have air conditioning at home but I do not use it a little later for now I open the windows I have mosquito nets in 2003 it was so hot that many houses the walls cracked
It's 91 degrees F here and we don't have our AC on yet, just the windows open and fans going, it's fairly comfortable.
It's all relevant, really. 91 F here would kill me. It's 57F here right now and I'm waiting for evening to get back to work because it's a bit too hot to work outside. Sunset is scheduled for around 2230 (1030 pm), so evening will be a bit later, for sure.

I think, 91F it's a good reason to visit river :)

Oh shoot everybody. I forgot to acknowledge the Coffee Shop's birthday on May 4. We are eight years old now. Can you believe that?

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and closed on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

The USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and has acquired 54,785 posts and 1,832,677 views as of today right now.

That is a total of 163,978 posts and 5,736,986 views since the Coffee Shop opened on May 4, 2010.

Roughly 461 USMB members have posted at least once in the Coffee Shop. I say 'roughly' because there have been a few name changes here and there, but the 461 number is pretty close.

We've all been through a lot together over those eight years: disappointments, financial and other personal crises, loss of loved ones, illnesses, worries, loss of fur friends, first jobs, new jobs, loss of jobs, retirement, new locations, joys, challenges, triumphs, disappointments, fears, overcoming fears, marriages, divorces, pretty much a composite of life in general. I may have lost track but I think people from at least most of the U.S. states and 12 different countries have posted here at some time or another. I know I have benefited from the experience.

So Happy Birthday Coffee Shop!!! And may it live long with fun, love, laughter, caring in time of trouble, encouragement, as a refuge when needed, and a sense of community.

Last edited:
Oh shoot everybody. I forgot to acknowledge the Coffee Shop's birthday on May 4. We are eight years old now. Can you believe that?

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and closed on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

The USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and has acquired 54,785 posts and 1,832,677 views as of today right now.

That is a total of 163,978 posts and 5,736,986 views since the Coffee Shop opened on May 4, 2010.

Roughly 461 USMB members have posted at least once in the Coffee Shop. I say 'roughly' because there have been a few name changes here and there, but the 461 number is pretty close.

We've all been through a lot together over those eight years: disappointments, financial and other personal crises, loss of loved ones, illnesses, worries, loss of fur friends, first jobs, new jobs, loss of jobs, retirement, new locations, joys, challenges, triumphs, disappointments, fears, overcoming fears, marriages, divorces, pretty much a composite of life in general. I may have lost track but I think people from at least most of the U.S. states and 12 different countries have posted here at some time or another. I know I have benefited from the experience.

So Happy Birthday Coffee Shop!!! And may it live long with fun, love, laughter, caring in time of trouble, encouragement, as a refuge when needed, and a sense of community.

I'm responsible for at least.....15 of those posts! :lol:

Cripes ! talking of lucid dreams I had a full colour nightmare last night. I was working in a factory and some of the other workers started shrinking, and getting attacked by insects. I reached down to save one and insects bit off my fingers. I felt actual pain, which is unusual for a dream. Then another worker changed into a monster and started trying to eat me, and I reached for a piece of cake that was nearby and shoved it into his mouth. But he was still glaring at me so I poked his eyes out. Then all kinds giant insects move in to eat me. I realized I was dreaming and decided I had enough so I woke myself up.

Cripes ! talking of lucid dreams I had a full colour nightmare last night. I was working in a factory and some of the other workers started shrinking, and getting attacked by insects. I reached down to save one and insects bit off my fingers. I felt actual pain, which is unusual for a dream. Then another worker changed into a monster and started trying to eat me, and I reached for a piece of cake that was nearby and shoved it into his mouth. But he was still glaring at me so I poked his eyes out. Then all kinds giant insects move in to eat me. I realized I was dreaming and decided I had enough so I woke myself up.

Mercy Dajjal. Maybe you really need to rethink whatever you are eating or drinking before you go to bed. :)

I dropped my car off to have the a/c checked at 10, then walked home. That was about an hour walk, and pretty damn hot. I get home and find the puppy is out of his enclosure. I suppose that someone might have come home and let him out while I was gone, but that seems unlikely. I'm wondering if he climbed on top of his cage, which I leave in the enclosure in case he wants to sleep in it, and then jumped out.

Whatever the case, it led to a pile of pee on the floor which one of the animals walked through and tracked all over the place. :mad:

I dropped my car off to have the a/c checked at 10, then walked home. That was about an hour walk, and pretty damn hot. I get home and find the puppy is out of his enclosure. I suppose that someone might have come home and let him out while I was gone, but that seems unlikely. I'm wondering if he climbed on top of his cage, which I leave in the enclosure in case he wants to sleep in it, and then jumped out.

Whatever the case, it led to a pile of pee on the floor which one of the animals walked through and tracked all over the place. :mad:

Ah the joy of civilizing the new fur friend. :)

By the way, did you post that you had bought a car? When did that happen? How long before you complete your formal on line education and start looking for a new job?

By the way, did you post that you had bought a car? When did that happen? How long before you complete your formal on line education and start looking for a new job?

I bought the car just before Christmas. I think I mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to go look. :lol:

I should be done with school in....mid-December some time. According to the school's calendar, grades for that semester are due in to the registrar by Dec. 10, with classes ending a few days before that.

Then I have to decide if/what certification to get, then try to find a job. I've already got a plan for moving into a new place about that time, although it's far enough away that I'm not completely relying on it.

I dream a lot about dancing ducks and singing hampsters. What does that mean?

I prefer dancing hamsters.

On my previous message board home, the administrator was always talking about the hamsters that ran the board. If there was a glitch anywhere it was always the hamsters fault. And one morning I logged in and everybody's avatar was a dancing hamster. I rebooted three or four times trying to get rid of those dang hamster, turned the computer off and on, ran my anti-virus program, but nothing worked. Then I realized it was April 1. :)

I bought the car just before Christmas. I think I mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to go look. :lol:

I should be done with school in....mid-December some time. According to the school's calendar, grades for that semester are due in to the registrar by Dec. 10, with classes ending a few days before that.

Then I have to decide if/what certification to get, then try to find a job. I've already got a plan for moving into a new place about that time, although it's far enough away that I'm not completely relying on it.

Well it sounds like you are on track for a major transition. Seems like I mentioned this before, but as a thought, since you haven't been employed in the business world for so long, that could be seen as a negative by prospective employers though hopefully in your field they will be looking for skill set more than experience. But if that becomes a problem, you might consider working for a temp agency for a few months. You won't make a lot of money but it's a way to re-establish yourself. I have done that a couple of times when Hombre was transferred and we moved to a new place.

Our daughter-in-law ran into that when she chose to be a stay at home mom with our granddaughter. During that time she completed a college degree and was ready to go to work when the grand daughter was in high school. But due to her lack of experience working anywhere other than home, she just couldn't get a foot in the door anywhere. There was no temp agency in their small town. So finally she studied to be licensed as a real estate agent. A good agency took her on because if she didn't sell anything, they didn't have to pay her. Turned out she has a really good aptitude for that.

You never know what twists and turns life will show us.

Mercy Dajjal. Maybe you really need to rethink whatever you are eating or drinking before you go to bed. :)

I eat cheese and biscuits, maybe that's what does it. I usually like dreaming, but last nights was a nightmare.

Forum List

Back