USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got a call from the place that was looking at my car's a/c. They said that there is an issue that would require replacing basically the entire air conditioning system, which would cost more than $1700! That's almost as much as I paid for the car.

I'm not spending that kind of money on this car. But crap, I don't want to drive without a/c. :(

Maybe, it would be cheaper to relocate to Alaska? :)) Or in Russia - you could buy "bucket with bolts", fully ready to use, for about a 500$ here :) And you would think more about furnace, not a/c :)
Here, you could get dog sled.

Ahh the Catalpa tree... Also know as the Green bean tree by us kids... Beautiful huuuge broad leaves and a flower of the purest white with yellow and purple markings... An observation I made while living in a very rural environment it appeared to me that Catalpa Trees seemed to grow in old Hog lots after the swine had moved on... I have no scientific proof that this is valid as it was just an observation...

p1060378dl.jpg
We have cacti.......... :D

ec22919608adc1d388b207eadbf6ef55.jpg

024eb999df831d8cd8dff18e03b5b159--desert-art-color-.jpg

10e3bd5ca33c2cba6e8ec6c91f8b2d79--desert-cactus-desert-flowers.jpg

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

Hi. Dalia, I'm at the same wave as you, with beer. Today was a Day of Victory, day-off, so I'm drinking beer and remembering realtives, who took part in WW2. And also it's a good day of May.

P.S. It seems I have a much of beer... May Day! :)

Hello Foxfire and all the one who dreams ^^*

Yes Sbiker we have three spot in the summer to relax and eat, drink the French are big drinkers
boisson_025.gif
especially that there is aperitif, the middle and the digestive, the calva is a nightmare I do not drink that kind of drink.
And in addition with the heats one could become quickly tipsy.:badgrin:

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

Hi. Dalia, I'm at the same wave as you, with beer. Today was a Day of Victory, day-off, so I'm drinking beer and remembering realtives, who took part in WW2. And also it's a good day of May.

Yes Sbiker we have three spot in the summer to relax and eat, drink the French are big drinkers View attachment 193184 especially that there is aperitif, the middle and the digestive, the calva is a nightmare I do not drink that kind of drink.

Hombre and I have pretty much every popular song from the 50's on DVD. The Everly Brothers were some of our favorites.

I like the 50's music just lately if i could said like that it is a nice discovery :)

Two great song choices. :thup:

Thank you ,WelfareQueen i like this one too :)

P.S : Foxfire i like music a lot but i don't want your place to turn into a night club :th_yourecute:
Just let me know if it bother you ;)

Did you read the OP to this thread? :)

The Coffee Shop is a quick hangout for folks for a quick comfort cup of something or adult beverage, but it also has a full service restaurant featuring all cuisines, pool tables and sports bar and dance floor on the second floor, a bowling alley in the basement, and ocean and mountain views from the terraces. I occasionally find folks sleeping in the corner booths here. Something for just about everybody. :)

I am just the hostess here. The Coffee Shop is whatever the patrons make of it with just a very few no no's for rules. Music isn't one of those no no's. :)

Honestly Foxfire no I did not read the beginning of the thread:), I came to join you when i was on my way here, i hope i explain myself well ? I read some posts there this is already some years ago. Time passes so fast;)

Honestly Foxfire no I did not read the beginning of the thread:), I came to join you when i was on my way here, i hope i explain myself well ? I read some posts there this is already some years ago. Time passes so fast;)

We make a lot of new friends that way. You have not been told to read the OP because you haven't ever broken any of the very few rules we have for the Coffee Shop. :)

The few rules:

1. Leave whatever problems you have with other members outside of the Coffee Shop and treat everybody nicely in here.

2. No political or controversial social issues discussions.

3. No discussion of religious beliefs or controversies.

It is okay to talk about adventures and activities we've had at church or synagogue etc. and/or on voting day and such as that. We just stay out of the controversial stuff because it is so easy for that to become contentious. Most of us do discuss those things elsewhere at USMB though. It's interesting how different we can be out there but it doesn't matter in here. :)

Tiguidoo Foxfire, I understand well but I know that there are some members who have fought with me, I would not do it here, I am respectful of nature;)

debcfd96.gif

Yes Sbiker we have three spot in the summer to relax and eat, drink the French are big drinkers View attachment 193184 especially that there is aperitif, the middle and the digestive, the calva is a nightmare I do not drink that kind of drink.

Hombre and I have pretty much every popular song from the 50's on DVD. The Everly Brothers were some of our favorites.

I like Roy Orbison and the Travelling Wilburys. I turned my daughter and niece on to them and we all were singing along and loving it, together!

We make a lot of new friends that way. You have not been told to read the OP because you haven't ever broken any of the very few rules we have for the Coffee Shop. :)

The few rules:

1. Leave whatever problems you have with other members outside of the Coffee Shop and treat everybody nicely in here.

It is okay to talk about adventures and activities we've had at church or synagogue etc. and/or on voting day and such as that. We just stay out of the controversial stuff because it is so easy for that to become contentious. Most of us do discuss those things elsewhere at USMB though. It's interesting how different we can be out there but it doesn't matter in here. :)
People who put the toilet paper under have mental issues......... :eusa_whistle:

debcfd96.gif

I like Roy Orbison and the Travelling Wilburys. I turned my daughter and niece on to them and we all were singing along and loving it, together!

Yes, I/we loved Roy Orbison too. Trying to think if we have anything by the Traveling Wilburys. If we do It is probably "End of the Line."

The few rules:

People who put the toilet paper under have mental issues......... :eusa_whistle:

Well, only because I don't see any controversy that SHOULD be there, I'll let that one slide. :)

Forum List

Back