USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, itā€™s the end of the school year, so I have that special kind of exhaustion reserved for teachers in May.

Maybe that is why I was getting an infection. I didnā€™t know that I was; I thought I was catching some bug or flu. I had days of aches and pains and low-grade fever. Then one day my incision split open a little and drained. And kept draining. At least it wasnā€™t thick or smelly, just that regular old serous fluid that collects after trauma to the tissues. The physical relief was almost instantaneous, but my worry increased drastically. I called my surgeon, who wanted to see me RIGHT THEN.

Now Iā€™m on antibiotics and the drainage is slowing down. Actually, the antibiotics are a precaution, because the doc told me that my body sensed the start of an infection and pushed it out. Yay, body!

keep-calm-school-is-almost-over.png

meme8.jpg

Anyone who has visited the coffee shop on a regular basis for the last 2 years knows about my love affair with Bacon Grease... I believe I like the by-product just as much as the product... So versatile and so misunderstood... I have seen folks actually turn their nose up at the mere thought of cooking with bacon grease...
Made my day to run into this article... Over the lips...

9 Uses for Bacon Grease, Besides Throwing it in the Garbage
They forgot soap. Properly rendered, bacon grease makes some superior soap.

Anyone who has visited the coffee shop on a regular basis for the last 2 years knows about my love affair with Bacon Grease... I believe I like the by-product just as much as the product... So versatile and so misunderstood... I have seen folks actually turn their nose up at the mere thought of cooking with bacon grease...

Is that wise in bear country?

Nah. I'm not Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies. If I render bacon fat, it's done inside. I have two big, white dogs and electric fences here. That's wise in bear country. I figure, with the number of guys setting up bait stations further up the mountain, few bears will make it this far downhill. If they do, I can deal with them well enough. Spring bear makes some pretty good eating!

Nah. I'm not Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies. If I render bacon fat, it's done inside. I have two big, white dogs and electric fences here. That's wise in bear country. I figure, with the number of guys setting up bait stations further up the mountain, few bears will make it this far downhill. If they do, I can deal with them well enough. Spring bear makes some pretty good eating!

Bah, leave the fuzzy bears alone! :p

Bah, leave the fuzzy bears alone! :p
Gladly, if they leave me and mine alone. If they intend to find a meal here, they might as well end up the meal du jour! I love Bear-B-Q! They make superb sauerbraten, too!

Thursday Mr. P's 2002 little Red Ford Ranger died, so we went to Sierra Vista Friday morning to get a new used truck.
What did he get?
Another Ford Ranger. :)
It's really nice, a 2007 white ford ranger.
The last owner towed it behind his R.V. and drove it around after they set up at R.V. resorts.
It has only a little over 38,000 miles.
Mr. P is like a kid with a new toy. :laugh:
He's been driving it around all weekend showing it to his friends.

Our Fraternal Orders of Eagles had a free prime rib dinner for the ladies this evening and the guys got tickets for 10 free dinners in a drawing.
Mr. P got one of them, so we each had a free prime rib dinner.
Needless to say he went off of his diet. :)
His heart Doc says it's ok to cheat every once in a while.
We have had a very excellent Mother's Day.
I hope the rest of you did also.:biggrin:

Been missing you Save. And ricechickie. And Peach. And others. Always happy when you check in.

Gordo Cooper...He was super-duper...

Early on 14 May 1963, a hotshot pilot lay on his back in a tiny capsule, atop a converted ballistic missile, and steeled himself to be blasted into space. On Project Mercuryā€™s final mission, Gordon Cooper would spend 34 hours in space, circle the globe 22 times, and establish NASAā€™s first real baseline of long-duration experience...

The Right Man: Remembering Gordon Cooperā€™s Day-Long Mercury Mission, 55 Years On Ā« AmericaSpace

gordon-cooper-ma-9.png

Ekaterine, the Rise of Catherine the Great. Don't know if any of you have seen it. It's a Russian TV series, part One and Two with English subtitles. I'm watching season Two on Amazon Prime, watched season One a few months back and it's actually very good though and even the translation isn't always completely correct I can still figure out what they are saying.

Do you smell like bacon?

I've read interesting fact about US today. Does it really, I would seem as "cool driver" in US, just loving mechanical transmission? :) Automatic transmission - it's a tool only for city buses, not for challengers somewhere out of federal roads!! :)

Thursday Mr. P's 2002 little Red Ford Ranger died, so we went to Sierra Vista Friday morning to get a new used truck.
What did he get?
Another Ford Ranger. :)
It's really nice, a 2007 white ford ranger.
The last owner towed it behind his R.V. and drove it around after they set up at R.V. resorts.
It has only a little over 38,000 miles.
Mr. P is like a kid with a new toy. :laugh:
He's been driving it around all weekend showing it to his friends.

Our Fraternal Orders of Eagles had a free prime rib dinner for the ladies this evening and the guys got tickets for 10 free dinners in a drawing.
Mr. P got one of them, so we each had a free prime rib dinner.
Needless to say he went off of his diet. :)
His heart Doc says it's ok to cheat every once in a while.
We have had a very excellent Mother's Day.
I hope the rest of you did also.:biggrin:

Nice to hear you guys are doing well. :)

I've read interesting fact about US today. Does it really, I would seem as "cool driver" in US, just loving mechanical transmission? :) Automatic transmission - it's a tool only for city buses, not for challengers somewhere out of federal roads!! :)

I haven't attempted to drive a manual transmission car since I was a teenager, first learning to drive. I had a very difficult time with it. Besides that, it is hard to drink your coffee when you have to constantly be shifting gears. :D

You are right though. If you are someone who really enjoys driving, then driving a manual transmission would be much more fun for you than an automatic. :) I just drive to get places basically. Maybe it is because my area is so congested with traffic that I don't find much "enjoyment" in driving. It is more frustrating than it is enjoyable, IMO. :lol:

I haven't attempted to drive a manual transmission car since I was a teenager, first learning to drive. I had a very difficult time with it. Besides that, it is hard to drink your coffee when you have to constantly be shifting gears. :D

No way!! There are no problem to drink coffee, smoke cigarilla or gnaw sunflower seeds, you just have to organize your driving process! :) But to do overtaking or to rise up and don't have opportunity to help your engine to switch gear down - it's a disturbing feeling, I think!! :) Or to make a long fall at neutral, like at sledges :)))

Offcourse, it's all for enjoying, but how could you swing car to get out from mud pool?

No way!! There are no problem to drink coffee, smoke cigarilla or gnaw sunflower seeds, you just have to organize your driving process! :) But to do overtaking or to rise up and don't have opportunity to help your engine to switch gear down - it's a disturbing feeling, I think!! :) Or to make a long fall at neutral, like at sledges :)))

Offcourse, it's all for enjoying, but how could you swing car to get out from mud pool?

I'd rather take a walk, to be honest. Lol. :D If you had to drive around here, you would probably not enjoy driving too much either.

I'd rather take a walk, to be honest. Lol. :D If you had to drive around here, you would probably not enjoy driving too much either.

To visit job I prefer the subway :) It's faster, cheaper and much more flexible... And at least, I can get beer after job without a risk to be caught drunk during car driving :)

Forum List

Back