USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Was just scanning the news here and there on the internet this morning and ran across this. Apparently NFL fans have had a lot of fun with this, most giving negative if not mean reviews for Tom Brady's outfit at the Met Gala last night.

So what do you think? Have we evolved to the point that the guys should be able to wear something different than the usual plain tuxedo or business suit as formal wear? Or is this a not that good a look? (That is if you guys can sort of ignore Mrs. Brady (Gisele Bündchen Brady) long enough to focus on Tom. :) )

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
When Giselle told Tom they were going to the opera, did Tom think he was really going to the Opry as in Grand Ol'?

Does that mean you don't like his outfit? I didn't think country when I saw it but I guess it could be.
Wearing a jacket like that means you're either crooning a country tune in Nashville or hailing a cab for a tenant in Manhattan.

LOL. Okay we'll put you down as 'not a fan'. :)
I am the last man to advise anyone,on wardrobe. Right now I'm wearing a Bob Marley t shirt I bought on a Christmas vacation in the Bahamas, khaki shorts and Reebok tennis shoes.

My sartorial choices run in the 'bruised' palette of solid colors brown, green, navy blue and black. Draped over my endomorphic frame, I tend not to present clothes well. I do ties well, choosing more colorful cravats.

Winter brings out my collection of solid color fleeces and The Ohio State University sweatshirts. Levi's and corduroy round out the wardrobe. If you're looking for a clothes horse, move on for I will disappoint.

Well, whether you are a fashion icon or a trend setter, you're okay in my book Nosmo. :)

Good morning everybody. Was just scanning the news here and there on the internet this morning and ran across this. Apparently NFL fans have had a lot of fun with this, most giving negative if not mean reviews for Tom Brady's outfit at the Met Gala last night.

So what do you think? Have we evolved to the point that the guys should be able to wear something different than the usual plain tuxedo or business suit as formal wear? Or is this a not that good a look? (That is if you guys can sort of ignore Mrs. Brady (Gisele Bündchen Brady) long enough to focus on Tom. :) )

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg

I don't think either of them looks particularly good in this picture. :p

Brady's jacket might be fine, if it wasn't paired with that turtleneck. I don't think the beads or stones down the seams of the pants would ever work, though. :lol:

Really? I thought both Tom and Gisele looked really really good. But I do seem to be getting consistent negative response from the guys. I wish some of the gals would chime in so I could know whether I'm the lone voice of approval here. :)

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
We've not devolved enough yet.
View attachment 192518

The one with the enormous muff is the most intriguing. :)

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
Hi Foxfire and all, very very hot here in France. i will take a cold beer
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

Hey Dalia!!! Welcome back!!! Been missing you and the beer in the Coffee shop is indeed ice cold. :)

Greetings from the not-so-frozen-North!
Breakup progresses apace. Most of the underground ice is melted, allowing the surface water to drain. Maybe next week I'll be able to park the car closer to the house. The ground is firm enough now, except a few mushy spots, that I can start getting some work done around here. The birch trees are poised on the verge of bursting into green, you can see the buds plumping up. It usually takes about three days for birch to leaf out. After that, the cottonwood trees will begin dropping those damned pods on everything. And then we'll be coated with the yellow pollen from the spruce trees. Nature sure is messy.
I went to the first farmers' flea market Saturday. Chilly wind, weak sun, but a few brave souls brought out their livestock for sale. Lots of fowl, a few goats, one piglet, and a bunch of bunnies. I bought two turkey hens that are laying eggs. Now I'm getting turkey eggs as well as chicken. I also bought a rooster but I think I got a dud. He's shown no interest in the hens, preferring to hang out with those turkey hens. Needless to say, I didn't get him to squire a pair of turkeys around. If he doesn't get with the program, I'll make stew of him and get another rooster to do the job. It's kind of neat, though, watching the birds wander around searching for their food.

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
View attachment 192518
Nope but I'm slowly getting there........ Paused in the mid to late 1800s..........

dennisdoc.jpg

92e2ceb5ccb6dd73aebc2895ee65fcbf.jpg
Serviceable and attractive without the peacock effect of earlier fashions.

Though in their day, the peacocks and their ladies no doubt saw themselves as appropriately and fashionably dressed.

I usually KNOW who or what is chasing me and they mean me no good--they are armed with a knife or something as sinister and/or have made their intentions clear. These dreams do not traumatize me--I don't wake up afraid, just relieved that I can get on to something hopefully pleasant.
They can't stab you, it's a dream...Just suppose you made your intentions to them just as clear...Doesn't it make you wonder what comes next?
debcfd96.gif

I say: I find that dreaming can be scary one wonders if it is real or not as if one would have really lived it?

One of the things about lucid dreams is that you can control the scary ones, directing the action and diminishing the scary parts.

debcfd96.gif

Hey Dalia!!! Welcome back!!! Been missing you and the beer in the Coffee shop is indeed ice cold. :)

Foxfire it is been so hot here in France for at least a week.my batteries are empty :badgrin: so I drink but not too much;)

Dcoe8mBVwAIVarZ.jpg
View attachment 192518
Nope but I'm slowly getting there........ Paused in the mid to late 1800s..........

dennisdoc.jpg

92e2ceb5ccb6dd73aebc2895ee65fcbf.jpg
Serviceable and attractive without the peacock effect of earlier fashions.
Like I said I just paused....... Can't wait to get to the Baroque period......... Mile high powdered wigs, arsenic powdered faces, lots of silk and ruffles everywhere....... :lol:

Speaking of fashion, Dana and Aunt Betty came for lunch at our house as happens every Sunday, and lunch is always followed by a movie. Last weekend we watched "Buffalo Girls" which neither had ever seen and we commented liberally on the exaggerated bustles on the late Victorian era ladies in the dance hall/saloon.
4366315_f520.jpg

But this past Sunday we watched "Gone With the Wind" than Dana had not seen and Aunt Betty hadn't seen for at least 50 years. And though the absolutely gorgeous full skirted fashions from the Civil War era were just incomprehensible as wearing apparel.
th
th
th

debcfd96.gif

One of the things about lucid dreams is that you can control the scary ones, directing the action and diminishing the scary parts.

I do not know how to do that but i never try either, there is also the fact that some dreams seem so real that I ask if I did not really see or live it. i hope i explain myself well enough ?

debcfd96.gif

Foxfire it is been so hot here in France for at least a week.my batteries are empty :badgrin: so I drink but not too much;)

Accuweather says it is about 76f in Lyon today. It is 87 in Albuquerque going up to 89f or 90f today. So I will try really hard to be sympathetic Dalia, but in all honesty my heart may not really be in it. :) (Temperature is all relative anyway as to what we are used to.)

Last edited:
It's kind of neat, though, watching the birds wander around searching for their food.

We used to raise Guineafowl back in the day... You can't find cheaper entertainment than a flock of Guineas... Damn good security alarms also... Ours used to roost on the truss's in the barn... Any strange movement and they raised a ton of hell and put a brick under the corner...

guinea-fowl-with-chicks-jpg.jpg

Raising Guinea Fowl: A Low-Maintenance Flock

debcfd96.gif

Accuweather says it is about 76f in Lyon today. It is 87 in Albuquerque going up to 89f or 90f today. So I will try really hard to be sympathetic Dalia, but in all honesty my heart may not really be in it. :) (Temperature is all relative anyway as to what we are used to.)

It's hot all of a sudden and after falling again the temperature is playing yoyo here in my area. the summer here is torrid I prefer the places a little less hot but well, c'est la vie .

debcfd96.gif

I do not know how to do that but i never try either, there is also the fact that some dreams seem so real that I ask if I did not really see or live it. i hope i explain myself well enough ?

You are explaining yourself just fine.

It's kind of neat, though, watching the birds wander around searching for their food.

We used to raise Guineafowl back in the day... You can't find cheaper entertainment than a flock of Guineas... Damn good security alarms also... Ours used to roost on the truss's in the barn... Any strange movement and they raised a ton of hell and put a brick under the corner...

guinea-fowl-with-chicks-jpg.jpg

Raising Guinea Fowl: A Low-Maintenance Flock

They pretty much run semi wild in a lot of the more rural communities abutting Albuquerque like Corrales. Of course the folks in those areas leave some feed out for them and enjoy having them around.

Speaking of fashion, Dana and Aunt Betty came for lunch at our house as happens every Sunday, and lunch is always followed by a movie. Last weekend we watched "Buffalo Girls" which neither had ever seen and we commented liberally on the exaggerated bustles on the late Victorian era ladies in the dance hall/saloon.
4366315_f520.jpg

But this past Sunday we watched "Gone With the Wind" than Dana had not seen and Aunt Betty hadn't seen for at least 50 years. And though the absolutely gorgeous full skirted fashions from the Civil War era were just incomprehensible as wearing apparel.
th
th
th
carol-burnetts-gone-with-the-wind-curtain-dress-21360861.jpg

debcfd96.gif

It's hot all of a sudden and after falling again the temperature is playing yoyo here in my area. the summer here is torrid I prefer the places a little less hot but well, c'est la vie .

Yes there's little we can do about the weather, but fortunately it seems to be okay to gripe about it no matter where we are. :)

We are coming up on the hottest part of the summer for us which is generally June and July--I've always felt June was hotter because it is mostly dry whereas our monsoon season with a bit of rain and a lot more clouds to block out some of the sun cools things down a bit beginning around the first or second week in July.

debcfd96.gif

Yes there's little we can do about the weather, but fortunately it seems to be okay to gripe about it no matter where we are. :)

We are coming up on the hottest part of the summer for us which is generally June and July--I've always felt June was hotter because it is mostly dry whereas our monsoon season with a bit of rain and a lot more clouds to block out some of the sun cools things down a bit beginning around the first or second week in July.

We must accept all seasons what my mother tells me but hey, she is not there she travels with her rich companion:badgrin:. foxfire I do not know about you but here the seasons are not like before us it's the middle of August that it's hot hot a catastrophe;)

We must accept all seasons what my mother tells me but hey, she is not there she travels with her rich companion:badgrin:. foxfire I do not know about you but here the seasons are not like before us it's the middle of August that it's hot hot a catastrophe;)
You want a hot nasty August? Visit Virginia, DC in August, you'll never complain about your summers ever again..........

Forum List

Back