USMB Coffee Shop IV

Terrible day around here. On Monday my favorite cousin died of cancer and this morning I received news that another one of my cousins committed suicide. I now only have 3 cousins left on my father’s side of the family and only 2 on my mother’s side. Sad day.

So sorry BBD. :( I know how that feels. I lost my favorite cousin--my Aunt Betty's only child--just a few years ago and it was like losing a sibling or parent. I too have very few first cousins still living and only three that I interact with at all. There are five others (all siblings of the three I stay in contact with) who probably don't even know who I am. And suicide is tough for the entire family to deal with.

Put new tires on the wife's Prius then went to the MVD (DMV to the rest of the country......), in and out in ten minutes....... That was amazing!!!

Small town living does have its charms. :)
It took me 3+ hours at the Albuquerque MVD just to get my license.........

You made record time then. We gave up on that years ago and bite the bullet and pay the exorbitant fees at the MVD express to get in an out more quickly.

Well... I'll find out if I sell my collector GMC truck or not today. We'll see if my friend can get the money. I hope so. I've got another almost Chevy Silverado already picked out to take it's place.

How is a truck almost a Chevy Silverado? :)
Wow... brain fart... no idea why I put that in there... :114:

LOL. It's okay dear. You wouldn't believe how many posts I have to go back and edit to fix really strange syntax. Sometimes our fingers just don't type what we meant to say. :) (It usually happens when I am thinking one thing and then shift course midstream to say it a different way, but I don't notice to fix all of the first sentence I started.) And no, I don't always see that it needs to be fixed until after the edit button goes away.

Not only do I find many old posts that I have no recollection of making, I find lots of old THREADS I have no recollection of making. And every now and then I read something I wrote that is so confusing it has me scratching my head to figure out what I probably meant. :)

Do a search on Dajjal, and you will find posts and threads on various forums by me going back nearly two decades. I used to rant and rave, and use bad language while drunk. But that was the bad old days. I am sometimes shocked by what I wrote.

Well... I'll find out if I sell my collector GMC truck or not today. We'll see if my friend can get the money. I hope so. I've got another almost Chevy Silverado already picked out to take it's place.

LOL. It's okay dear. You wouldn't believe how many posts I have to go back and edit to fix really strange syntax. Sometimes our fingers just don't type what we meant to say. :) (It usually happens when I am thinking one thing and then shift course midstream to say it a different way, but I don't notice to fix all of the first sentence I started.) And no, I don't always see that it needs to be fixed until after the edit button goes away.

Not only do I find many old posts that I have no recollection of making, I find lots of old THREADS I have no recollection of making. And every now and then I read something I wrote that is so confusing it has me scratching my head to figure out what I probably meant. :)

Do a search on Dajjal, and you will find posts and threads on various forums by me going back nearly two decades. I used to rant and rave, and use bad language while drunk. But that was the bad old days. I am sometimes shocked by what I wrote.

I don't imagine there are any of us who wouldn't like to take back at least some words and/or deeds and/or choices from our past. But what is done is done and we can't undo it. All we can do is do our best beginning with now.

Was 4.4 magnitude, small by AK standards and the epicenter was within about 30 miles North of here. More fun than should be legal, really.
Looks like we've slipped into our typical Fall weather routine, rain, rain, and more rain. Guess we'll just have to trade in the shorts and tanks for wet weather gear from now on to get the work done.
I've been entertaining a delightful young lady, early 20s this weekend. Took her berry picking and had her help me unload a trailer load of hay and stack it up. We're getting ready to split some firewood.

Put new tires on the wife's Prius then went to the MVD (DMV to the rest of the country......), in and out in ten minutes....... That was amazing!!!

You made record time then. We gave up on that years ago and bite the bullet and pay the exorbitant fees at the MVD express to get in an out more quickly.
We would just drive up to Cuba, it was still cheaper than the MVD Express if we took the Prius.

Was 4.4 magnitude, small by AK standards and the epicenter was within about 30 miles North of here. More fun than should be legal, really.
Looks like we've slipped into our typical Fall weather routine, rain, rain, and more rain. Guess we'll just have to trade in the shorts and tanks for wet weather gear from now on to get the work done.
I've been entertaining a delightful young lady, early 20s this weekend. Took her berry picking and had her help me unload a trailer load of hay and stack it up. We're getting ready to split some firewood.
You sure know how to show a girl a good time........... :lol:
Early 20s eh? You sure the earthquake epicenter wasn't at your place........ :eusa_whistle:

Feces occurs.......

We would just drive up to Cuba, it was still cheaper than the MVD Express if we took the Prius.

We used to go out to Moriarty because they were so much faster than anywhere in Albuquerque. But the MVD express is so close and convenient. . .and we had a friend there we could call to see if they were busy.

You sure know how to show a girl a good time........... :lol:
Early 20s eh? You sure the earthquake epicenter wasn't at your place........ :eusa_whistle:
Uh, pretty sure. The partner and I both invite our co-workers up to visit. Some like to just hang out, some like to try different things. This young lady thought good, honest, sweat-inducing labor was a pleasant change from city life. I wonder how she'd feel if she had to do this kind of work all the time? She's a good kid, though. She was one of my students at the University, too. It's always a pleasure to have smart, ambitious, energetic young people around.

Just caught on the news this morning that Aretha Franklin, queen of soul, has passed. She had a long and powerful influence on American music and is described by those who knew her as a kind, loving, great lady. RIP.

Aretha-Franklin-Kennedy-Center-Honors.jpg

School starts in about two weeks or so, I expect to see you all in your seats posting.

...oh, and who let Ringel out on the board?

Next Tuesday is Harper's second attempt at surgery to correct a hole in her palate. Hopefully the skin graft will take this time, resulting in clearer speech, no chocolate coming out her nose and normal liquid swallowing.

Next Tuesday is Harper's second attempt at surgery to correct a hole in her palate. Hopefully the skin graft will take this time, resulting in clearer speech, no chocolate coming out her nose and normal liquid swallowing.

Yes, I have it noted for August 21 on the Vigil List and we will be pulling for her with all manner of prayers and positive vibes.

For those who are newer to the Coffee Shop, Harper, Save's granddaughter, was born with multiple physical problems and as she went through painful surgeries as an infant, she was the inspiration for the Vigil List. Even as she has thrived as a beautiful young girl, she still has further to go. So ramp up those prayers and positive vibes for the surgery on Tuesday to be successful. I believe with all my heart it does make a difference.

Forum List

Back