USMB Coffee Shop IV

By the way, just in case for whatever reason the powers decide to close USMB after all these years, any of you who will trust me with an e-mail address, please PM it to me. I do not share these with anybody but in case we all needed to regroup somewhere, it would be a way to allow that to happen. I will delete the PM as soon as I get the e-mail address and anybody who could access my PMs already has your e-mail addy. :)

Sending it.

By the way, I am glad to be back on USMB. I've been getting the 'bad gateway' message from last night up to about a half hour or so ago.
It was okay up until around 7:30ish this morning.

I was getting a bad gateway message last night around 10:30ish or so. Kat said she was shut out all night. Maybe it was spotty?
Probably up for a couple of hours early this morning.

By the way, just in case for whatever reason the powers decide to close USMB after all these years, any of you who will trust me with an e-mail address, please PM it to me. I do not share these with anybody but in case we all needed to regroup somewhere, it would be a way to allow that to happen. I will delete the PM as soon as I get the e-mail address and anybody who could access my PMs already has your e-mail addy. :)
It's my humble opinion (based on what I'm seeing) that the board is being hit with random DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) attacks. Unfortunately, not knowing the parent company's commitment to this particular board, if it becomes too costly to fight the attacks then they will shut the board down.

:( It isn't like it happens that often. Every few months for a few hours or maybe a day. They can't shut us down. :(
It's been happening more often as of late.

Thoughts tonight are directed toward North Carolina and any other areas in the path of the storm. The Hurricane was no big deal after all, but the massive flooding from the huge and very slow moving storm will devastate many.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter post surgery on August 21)
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

No matter how fierce the storm, it will pass. . .
'Passing_Storm_over_the_Sierra_Nevadas'_by_Albert_Bierstadt,_San_Antonio_Museum_of_Art.jpg

Queen size mattress to curb at 1:12 pm. Now we wait.....

For what?

To see how long it takes for someone to come along and take it away.
Just someone driving by? They might wait 'til after dark. I had a sofa bed once that I was not going to move to another state and it didn't sell at the tag sale, so we did the same thing, put it on the side of the road. It was gone the next morning, but not 'til after dark. They might have also needed to find a bigger vehicle.

For what?

Just someone driving by? They might wait 'til after dark. I had a sofa bed once that I was not going to move to another state and it didn't sell at the tag sale, so we did the same thing, put it on the side of the road. It was gone the next morning, but not 'til after dark. They might have also needed to find a bigger vehicle.

I just want someone to get use out of it and save me a dump fee.

It's my humble opinion (based on what I'm seeing) that the board is being hit with random DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) attacks. Unfortunately, not knowing the parent company's commitment to this particular board, if it becomes too costly to fight the attacks then they will shut the board down.

:( It isn't like it happens that often. Every few months for a few hours or maybe a day. They can't shut us down. :(

It's happened a couple of times in the past few weeks that I remember. I don't know if it's been enough to constitute a trend, though.

It's happened a couple of times in the past few weeks that I remember. I don't know if it's been enough to constitute a trend, though.

This week was the first time for me in several months. Which is why I am not sure it is universal? May be a somewhat regional thing? But according to Flacal, this time was a bad--not malicious or intentionally bad--attachment of something that shut down the works.

For it to be usefully stolen? You have to put a price tag on it for that to happen. For city services pickup? Our city has a large item pickup which is a godsend for us without any way to haul big stuff to the transfer station or the dump. We just have to call the day before so they will be expecting it when the regular trucks come by.

This week was the first time for me in several months. Which is why I am not sure it is universal? May be a somewhat regional thing? But according to Flacal, this time was a bad--not malicious or intentionally bad--attachment of something that shut down the works.

It could also be short-term, so if you aren't online at the right (or, I suppose, wrong) time, you won't notice it.

For what?

I just want someone to get use out of it and save me a dump fee.

I learned my lesson with second hand mattresses. I purchased one from a neighbour and it had bed bugs living in it. It took me years to get rid of them. Even when I threw out the mattress I still got bitten. Eventually I went round the room plastering up all the gaps in the door frames and skirting boards, and that got rid of them. I must have sealed them up in the walls. I hope they took a long time to die of starvation.

Forum List

Back