USMB Coffee Shop IV

Fall has come, it's beautiful golden. It's still pretty warm, though, rising to the low 60's every day. Not much rain these last couple of weeks, though. I took this coming week off so I can get some things done around the place before the snow flies and the world freezes. Since we were unable to get that backhoe running, we'll be lifting roof trusses for the barn the old-fashioned way. So, I have to clear an area, fence it in and build shelters for the animals that will suit them for winter.
The International Airport in Anchorage turned into a parking lot for stalled flights these last two days. There's been a Cat 5 typhoon ravaging Hong Kong these last couple of days so outbound flights have to wait to continue. I'm glad I've got a few days off....

Road trip for the wife last Saturday, went to Hobbs via Artesia. As we headed east on Rte 82 all we saw for an hour were oil and gas fields.
Imagine this expanded from horizon to horizon.......

getty-oil-pumps-at-sunset_large.jpg

Road trip for the wife last Saturday, went to Hobbs via Artesia. As we headed east on Rte 82 all we saw for an hour were oil and gas fields.

I did most of my growing up in that corner of the state--"Little Texas" or oil patch NM, the western edge of the Permian basin which was America's largest oil reserve in the 40's and well into the 60's and 70's. And obviously they are still pumping a lot of sweet crude out of it.

I lived in Hobbs before Roswell. Not much to do in Hobbs. :lol:

But it is booming just like Midland/Odessa.

Any better than this?
View attachment 217068
They're all around also.
All I can recall is that 300' blade displayed along the interstate the year I made the road trip from Ft Hood to Lake Tahoe with my daughter. Those things are MONSTERS!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter post surgery on August 21)
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back.

09568-dsc_22022b-2bcopy.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-18_0-40-43.png
    upload_2018-9-18_0-40-43.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 26
Quiet day in the Coffee Shop. Not so much in the Foxfyre household. I was just barely up and still pretty bleary eyed when Hombre called from the gift shop where he volunteers to tell me his Mr. and Mrs. cousin were on the way to our house for probably 'two or three days.' I bare had time to pick up the undies in the bathroom, strip the sheets off the guest bed that haven't been changed since the last house guests, and put the coffee pot on and they are here. But they wouldn't be staying much past lunch as they had to be back in Houston on Thursday so needed to drive part way today.

So I call Hombre to find some way to get home early so he would have some time to visit, I snuck off to call Dana and Aunt Betty to move our 1 o'clock pizza lunch here to later--they were bringing pizza for an early birthday celebration for me and then Dana would leave Carly the mini dachshund as she flies out to Salt Lake in the morning for a recheck on her heart transplant.

Company decides since Hombre was home early, they would leave a bit before lunch and hugs all around and they were gone. Called Dana and Aunt Betty to tell them the original schedule could be restored. But Dana had postponed her shower for the later time so now we are in between 'party' times starving waiting for pizza.

I know, I know, there are much worse things. :)

Last edited:
Quiet day in the Coffee Shop. Not so much in the Foxfyre household. I was just barely up and still pretty bleary eyed when Hombre called from the gift shop where he volunteers to tell me his Mr. and Mrs. cousin were on the way to our house for probably 'two or three days.' I bare had time to pick up the undies in the bathroom, strip the sheets off the guest bed that haven't been changed since the last house guests, and put the coffee pot on and they are here. But they wouldn't be staying much past lunch as they had to be back in Houston on Thursday so needed to drive part way today.

So I call Hombre to find some way to get home early so he would have some time to visit, I snuck off to call Dana and Aunt Betty to our 1 o'clock pizza lunch here to later--they were bringing pizza for an early birthday celebration for me and then Dana would leave Carly the mini dachshund as she flies out to Salt Lake in the morning for a recheck on her heart transplant.

Company decides since Hombre was home early, they would leave a bit before lunch and hugs all around and they were gone. Called Dana and Aunt Betty to tell them the original schedule could be restored. But Dana had postponed her shower for the later time so now we are in between 'party' times starving waiting for pizza.

:th_yourecute:

Do you think Hombre just wanted the undies cleaned up in the bathroom?

I just told off Daniel Dennet on twitter. He wrote a book called consciousness explained and said 'Mind is brain'
I said that's rubbish, and I have had many evidential messages from the spirit world.

So I call Hombre to find some way to get home early so he would have some time to visit, I snuck off to call Dana and Aunt Betty to our 1 o'clock pizza lunch here to later--they were bringing pizza for an early birthday celebration for me and then Dana would leave Carly the mini dachshund as she flies out to Salt Lake in the morning for a recheck on her heart transplant.

We each pretty much have our own bathroom. He would only object to undies left on the floor in his. :)

Busy, busy, busy... I've been burning slash most all day, but it's better than letting it burn on it's own. I've taken this next week off work so I can get some things done around this place. The weather has bee so good but now it's started raining again. Go figure...take a week off to work and the weather turns wet and miserable. Well, I guess I'll get wet, then.

We each pretty much have our own bathroom. He would only object to undies left on the floor in his. :)

I'm glad Hombre keeps you on the straight and narrow....:iyfyus.jpg:

Your post brought back memories of my 3 daughters, the main bathroom was a jungle of underwear, bras, towels and girly stuff hanging out everywhere, especially on the weekends.... :lol:

I'm going to the east coast to see my Aunt. I might also go to Alaska with my Boyfriend for a couple months while he works in October.
You get up here to Alaska, let me know. We'll have dinner, or you and your BF can come out to the homestead. You'd be more than welcome. Do you play cribbage?

Sounds good. I don't know how to play cribbage but willing to learn. :)

I'm going to the east coast to see my Aunt. I might also go to Alaska with my Boyfriend for a couple months while he works in October.
You get up here to Alaska, let me know. We'll have dinner, or you and your BF can come out to the homestead. You'd be more than welcome. Do you play cribbage?
15-2, 15-4 15-6 and a pair for 8.

Forum List

Back