USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just saw this....Great stuff.

Dennis Miller has dinner with Sinatra.

I love this. Dennis never quite achieved super star status but I have long admired him. Smart, witty, quick on his feet, a great story teller, and able to appreciate the humor in things without being mean.

New spring fashion statement for the guys. Now I ask you, would you?

59478197_2110227039054808_2910962407541047296_n.jpg

I love this. Dennis never quite achieved super star status but I have long admired him. Smart, witty, quick on his feet, a great story teller, and able to appreciate the humor in things without being mean.

Oh, Miller has been mean plenty of times. :)

Everybody can be perceived that way at times depending on a point of view. Especially anybody who uses humor to make a living. But I prefer to focus on humor that isn't mean. People like Carol Burnett and her crew, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, et al were sometimes pertinent to the news of the day or the national discussion at the time and they almost all used stereotyping, but they were never malicious, hateful, and/or cruel. I think Miller belongs with that genre more than the mean group.

Everybody can be perceived that way at times depending on a point of view. Especially anybody who uses humor to make a living. But I prefer to focus on humor that isn't mean. People like Carol Burnett and her crew, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, et al were sometimes pertinent to the news of the day or the national discussion at the time and they almost all used stereotyping, but they were never malicious, hateful, and/or cruel. I think Miller belongs with that genre more than the mean group.

Miller threw out plenty of insults in his comedy, at least when I would watch it years ago. I don't think he was particularly mean-spirited, but I think most comedians use insults to some extent in their dialogues/routines.

Miller threw out plenty of insults in his comedy, at least when I would watch it years ago. I don't think he was particularly mean-spirited, but I think most comedians use insults to some extent in their dialogues/routines.

Funny insults and being mean are entirely different things.

The day started out pretty nice, got up to the mid 70s, had the house open then about an hour and a half ago I saw storm clouds way to the north...... A half hour later I was turning off fans and closing windows as the wind picked up and it dropped into the mid 60s in a matter of minutes..... Of course all we got were a few sprinkles.....

I don't think that's necessarily true. You can have both. :p

Yes you can have both, but they are still different things. I can have an apple and and orange for dinner tonight, but they are still different things.

I've still got a number of applications in with USPS, and that process seems glacially slow, so maybe something with that will come up in a few months and I can decide then what to do. I don't like the idea of getting a job only to quickly abandon it, so I hope to at least get a couple of months at this place if I'm hired before I have to make that sort of decision.

Yep, takes forever, promotions too.

Any employee that has stayed more than a year is probably more loyal to the company than the company is to them.

Yes you can have both, but they are still different things. I can have an apple and and orange for dinner tonight, but they are still different things.

What I mean is that you can have an insult be both funny and mean. By their nature, insults are at least a bit mean.

I make it a point to watch "The Burns and Allen Show" on weekends. They play two episodes every morning at 6 am. What a hoot!

Forum List

Back