USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just came in from a couple of hours of mowing on the zero turn mower. For once nothing went wrong. Oops. Braggin' is bad luck here. I shouldn't invite trouble by saying anything good about anything mechanical I was or will be around. I have such a knack for something going wrong. Tonight I was just careful around the 10" tree stump the mower got grounded on till my brother got here and with a master's patience, released the mower from the X#@&% tree stump last week. :rolleyes:

It felt like a steam bucket at first, but as the sun set in the west, it cooled off nice. Also, the evening does not seem to stir up so much flak from the wanna-be straw areas that grow in the 10-ft. areas between the rocky road and the blue fence. It's 1/10 of a mile up to the road, and that is a lot of mowing. Also got the acre directly around the house. Tomorrow, I have to mow some more. It keeps those black poisonous snakes down. I almost ran over one last week, but backed off. You never know when you may need a friend in the wild who knows you refused to hurt him when you had ample opportunity. Of course, a snake's a snake. Oh, well, I let him live. He will probably stay away from the fields for a while now that the rains have almost gone away. Okay, it did rain all night a couple of days ago, but that hotness of Texas in late July can drain a swamp in an afternoon.

Hope everybody has a stellar weekend. Best wishes to gallantwarrior and his partner. Prayers up for the health and happiness of you both, GW. And everyone else, too. :thup:
I do enjoy the smell of fresh mown grass. I think I'd like a retirement job driving one of those big ride-on mowers.
Thanks for prayers up, too! I hope your days continue quiet-like and no more groundings on stumps.

I found this copy of the poster for 2001 a space odyssey on the internet for sale for £350. It is the one I have, but I still cannot find my poster. I was hoping it would be worth a lot more so I am not that bothered if I cant find it.
PC1005_1_l.jpg

I've been to five different message boards plus Twitter and Facebook off and on today. I think it's time for this post:

64477050_2430585570335980_1152471168695926784_n.jpg

Last week my Gravenstein apple tree tipped over. Most of the roots are still intact but it needs to be taken out. I've been putting it off as long as I dare......but I gotta do something with the apples.

So applesauce, pie filling, dried slices.....here I come.

Anyone have other ideas???? (besides bobbing for apples or throwing them at passing cars or the like :rolleyes:)

Last week my Gravenstein apple tree tipped over. Most of the roots are still intact but it needs to be taken out. I've been putting it off as long as I dare......but I gotta do something with the apples.

Anyone have other ideas???? (besides bobbing for apples or throwing them at passing cars or the like :rolleyes:)

Apple cobbler? Apple cider? Apple cakes freeze really well. And my mom used to make a mean Apple Jack. :)

I woke up at 3:30 this morning, my normal time to get up for work. At first I wondered why my alarm didn't go off before I realized it was Saturday. Stupid waking up at 3:30! :mad:
Let the stress and anxiety begin! At least you get to roll over and go back to sleep. That's how I deal with waking up at odd hours on my nights off. But, after more than 20 years working graves, I tend to want to sleep at about 5 pm and get up at around 2-3 am. I usually read or watch TV until I doze off again.

My goats love apples, send a few bushels our way.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning, my normal time to get up for work. At first I wondered why my alarm didn't go off before I realized it was Saturday. Stupid waking up at 3:30! :mad:
Let the stress and anxiety begin! At least you get to roll over and go back to sleep. That's how I deal with waking up at odd hours on my nights off. But, after more than 20 years working graves, I tend to want to sleep at about 5 pm and get up at around 2-3 am. I usually read or watch TV until I doze off again.

I actually got up and used the bathroom, but then went back to sleep for another 5 hours+. :p I just didn't like that I got up at all, I like to get uninterrupted sleep on the weekends. :lol:

My goats love apples, send a few bushels our way.

I'd love to since my chickens & turkeys don't bother. :102:

Apple cobbler? Apple cider? Apple cakes freeze really well. And my mom used to make a mean Apple Jack. :)

I did put some peels & cores with a bit of sugar in a jar to start some Apple Cider Vinegar.

I don't really drink, so Apple Jack is out......but cobblers & cakes sound good.

Forum List

Back