USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bloody Amazon uk. They are a nuisance always trying to sign you up for amazon prime. Well today they succeeded because I clicked on the wrong thing, and immediately get an email telling me I have signed up.
It took me ages to find out how to cancel it, because they don't make it easy. I am thinking of complaining to them about it, because I am a good customer and have spent a lot of money with them. But I am fed up with the sales pressure to pay a monthly fee for amazon prime.
I pay an annual fee for Prime.

The demo guys just left (plumbing), the shower is gone. The carpenter is here tomorrow then the plumbers are back on Thursday to move the plumbing and set the tub then the carpenter finishes rocking the walls, I tile everything and the shower trim gets installed.
I have to get started on the vanity but no real super hurry there.

Bloody Amazon uk. They are a nuisance always trying to sign you up for amazon prime. Well today they succeeded because I clicked on the wrong thing, and immediately get an email telling me I have signed up.
It took me ages to find out how to cancel it, because they don't make it easy. I am thinking of complaining to them about it, because I am a good customer and have spent a lot of money with them. But I am fed up with the sales pressure to pay a monthly fee for amazon prime.

As it turns out I get free postage and next day delivery for the next month because even though I cancelled prime I still get a months free trial. So I took advantage of it and ordered some Christmas presents.

As it turns out I get free postage and next day delivery for the next month because even though I cancelled prime I still get a months free trial. So I took advantage of it and ordered some Christmas presents.

We pay one annual fee for Prime and order enough stuff through Amazon that the free shipping more than pays for that annual fee. And Hombre and I each use the account and order under our own names. Not quite so good a deal for a single guy but if you pay more in shipping every year than the one annual fee, it's worth it.

We pay one annual fee for Prime and order enough stuff through Amazon that the free shipping more than pays for that annual fee. And Hombre and I each use the account and order under our own names. Not quite so good a deal for a single guy but if you pay more in shipping every year than the one annual fee, it's worth it.
Not to mention perks like Prime Video, free music, free books, unlimited cloud storage and now free grocery delivery. Well not really free as we're paying for it with the annual fee but the cost savings, depending on which and how much of the "free" perks we use can be dramatic.

By the way, just a heads up, Microsoft will be rolling out Edge Chromium next January eventually replacing the current Edge that you use. Chromium is the open source version of Chrome, it'll be better, faster, more secure and a more usable modern browser. Thought ya might want to know, maybe try out Chromium so that at least you have an idea of what's coming and you're familiar with it when it does transition.

Went to a Veterans day Celebration last Saturday at the Pro Football hall of fame. Did a meet and greet with 6 Medal of Honor winners... Awesome people...

Went to a Veterans day Celebration last Saturday at the Pro Football hall of fame. Did a meet and greet with 6 Medal of Honor winners... Awesome people...
Just yesterday, I read a page on highly decorated Veterans. It just makes me feel good to know we have had and still have such wonderful men as those who make a difference in the safety of their fellow American soldiers and defy evil around the globe. And some of them excel in finding out what happened to a soldier's remains and returns them to their families, ahem, Mr. SFC OLLIE!!! :woohoo:

So proud to have been here when you first told us about how you do that when something is up in your area. (as freedombecki, of course) :huddle:

Oh and all active duty, National Guard, retirees and vets get 40% off Prime annual fee between Nov 6th thru Nov 11th this year.

Mr. P took me to the eye doc today.
Good news my eyes have not changed much at all in the last 5 years.
My small cataracts have not gotten any bigger in the last 10yrs from the 1st diagnosis of them.
Now I get new glasses to replace the broken ones. :)
The drops they use makes it so that I can't see to well.
Everything looks all wavy like I'm underwater.
I'm just now able to see better this evening.

We got light rain this morning and was in the 60's.
Very nice out today.

The carpenters were here today, wasn't sure that was going to happen as they were behind and short handed but it started raining on the outside job they were on so they came here. Did their demo work then furred out the back wall so the tub will fit. Have to go buy a new recessed ceiling light for the tub area as the one that was in the shower ceiling is to large now that the drop down is gone.

The first mention of the "S" word came from the local weather guessers this evening. Snow is forecast for tomorrow evening accumulating a mere 1 inch. Nothing to get too excited about, but a fore warning that autumn is on its last legs. The leaves were disappointing this year. The colors were muted and by the time we should have had trees resplendent in golds and yellows and russets, a stiff breeze stripped them from the trees leaving us with big wooden skeletal trees until next April.

Thanksgiving (Christmas lite) is just a few weeks away. Each and every Thanksgiving Pop would regale us with the story of the Big Snow of 1950. Each year, as Pop told the tale, the Big Snow would get deeper.

When I first heard the story as a young lad, the snow was thigh high rendering the hilly topography of East Liverpool impassible. Tanks from the Narional Fuard armory in Youngstown were dispatched to aid in food distribution. The city's streetcar lines were out of service and residents atop the hills were cut off from groceries and other vital services. High school boys were pressed into service clearing streets and sidewalks. Downtown businesses were shuttered.

And every year while Pop spun the yarn, the snow would go from thigh high to waist high and topping off at chest level. Those Narional Guard tanks would go from delivering bread and milk to retrieving corpses from the hilltop neighborhoods.

We sure do love a good story in this neck of the woods. And Pop's embellishments took that story from fascination to tall tale to myth and finally legend.

By the way, just a heads up, Microsoft will be rolling out Edge Chromium next January eventually replacing the current Edge that you use. Chromium is the open source version of Chrome, it'll be better, faster, more secure and a more usable modern browser. Thought ya might want to know, maybe try out Chromium so that at least you have an idea of what's coming and you're familiar with it when it does transition.
I am trying not to upgrade to Microsoft edge because I am scared I will loose my favorites list. So I am still using the outdated internet explorer.

I am trying not to upgrade to Microsoft edge because I am scared I will loose my favorites list. So I am still using the outdated internet explorer.
Uummmm, getting rid of IE as soon as possible would be a VERY good thing for security reasons alone.
Here's a couple of links on how to backup your IE settings, they both pretty much say the same thing.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-save-find-backup-favorites-or-bookmarks-in-internet-explorer-8

Import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer | Firefox Help

Another way would be to download and install Firefox or Chrome, the install will ask if you want to import bookmarks & settings from IE, just click yes and everything will automatically be imported.

daily_gifdump_3169_01.gif

Not a happy camper this morning, the plumbers were running late and I had to run errands plus had an 11:30 VA apt. They finally get here and I go to leave, ask them if they brought the tub........ No, we were told it would be here waiting for us, that wasn't my understanding. So I'm at Lowes and the plumber calls, doesn't offer to pick it up but tells me if we don't have it today it will be two more weeks before it can get installed. Now I'm pissed, I have to drive over to the plumbing supply, pick up the tub and bring it back and it's quarter to 11......... Needless to say I missed my appointment, now I'm really pissed.

Forum List

Back