USMB Coffee Shop IV

The carpenters just left, actually I should say remodelers, the Durarock and blueboard are all up and the drywall mud is setting. I should be able to start tiling the walls tomorrow, grout them on Sunday then install the trim (shower head, faucet, etc). I will have to use floor leveler as the old mastic doesn't want to come up easily. I'm also considering smoothing the walls and ceiling then painting.

Last edited:
You and Mr. P would get along very nicely. :)
That was me also being a smart ass back at ya , by the way. :)

peach174 I thought maybe you would enjoy a copy of my Graduation picture...

Ass.jpg

Well...isn't that nice? NOT. Dentists never told me that having a tooth extracted could cause bone death in the jaw and it creating havoc with it being exposed while dying. So...3 months ago, I have my back tooth removed because 1) I never used it since nothing was above it and 2) it had as much patchwork it could handle..they could do no more for it. So I had it pulled. Now, 3 months later, I have bone exposure on the side of where the tooth used to be because the bone is dying. It's called ONJ or some such thing. Went to dentist yesterday and he said yep...that section of my lower jaw bone is dying. He said let it alone, and it should heal on its own. Well, that's not what Google says.

Sigh.

Well...isn't that nice? NOT. Dentists never told me that having a tooth extracted could cause bone death in the jaw and it creating havoc with it being exposed while dying. So...3 months ago, I have my back tooth removed because 1) I never used it since nothing was above it and 2) it had as much patchwork it could handle..they could do no more for it. So I had it pulled. Now, 3 months later, I have bone exposure on the side of where the tooth used to be because the bone is dying. It's called ONJ or some such thing. Went to dentist yesterday and he said yep...that section of my lower jaw bone is dying. He said let it alone, and it should heal on its own. Well, that's not what Google says.

Sigh.

Your dentist probably knows a lot more than Google.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Gracie for wellness and solutions.
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and increased responsibilities.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

And we always leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Autumn in Alabama
5199988699_d243b53df5_b-700x1046.jpg

Sigh.

Did your Dentist explain to you about dry sockets after your extraction?
If not you might have a reason for a law suit.

Completed a few quilts in the past week.The last one was when I found a really pretty pink miniature floral and a pastel pink solid and decided to do a little candy striped quilt. It didn't take a day, is a little larger than I'd have liked it to be, but best of all, it is done, and it used up a yard and a half of fabric of the bazillions of yards that have accumulated in the "I'll do it tomorrow" class. :rolleyes: So there are now 8 quilts stacked up and 9 days left to work on infant quilts until the third Tuesday, unless they change the day due to Thanksgiving cooking ahead of time. It'd be nice to have a bunch of quilt tops to take on that day.

Sigh.

Did your Dentist explain to you about dry sockets after your extraction?
If not you might have a reason for a law suit.
Yes. It was just a really BIG tooth and took forever to stop bleeding/hurting once pulled. Not his fault. However....being ignorant on the dangers of tooth pulling is something I am pissed about myself for not knowing. All those people getting teeth extracted for dentures..they run risk too.

I pay an annual fee for Prime.

As it turns out I get free postage and next day delivery for the next month because even though I cancelled prime I still get a months free trial. So I took advantage of it and ordered some Christmas presents.

We pay one annual fee for Prime and order enough stuff through Amazon that the free shipping more than pays for that annual fee. And Hombre and I each use the account and order under our own names. Not quite so good a deal for a single guy but if you pay more in shipping every year than the one annual fee, it's worth it.
By the way, just a heads up, Microsoft will be rolling out Edge Chromium next January eventually replacing the current Edge that you use. Chromium is the open source version of Chrome, it'll be better, faster, more secure and a more usable modern browser. Thought ya might want to know, maybe try out Chromium so that at least you have an idea of what's coming and you're familiar with it when it does transition.
I am trying not to upgrade to Microsoft edge because I am scared I will loose my favorites list. So I am still using the outdated internet explorer.
Uummmm, getting rid of IE as soon as possible would be a VERY good thing for security reasons alone.
Here's a couple of links on how to backup your IE settings, they both pretty much say the same thing.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-save-find-backup-favorites-or-bookmarks-in-internet-explorer-8

Import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer | Firefox Help

Another way would be to download and install Firefox or Chrome, the install will ask if you want to import bookmarks & settings from IE, just click yes and everything will automatically be imported.

I done did it, I upgraded to Microsoft edge from internet explorer, and imported my favorites into it. Thanks.

As it turns out I get free postage and next day delivery for the next month because even though I cancelled prime I still get a months free trial. So I took advantage of it and ordered some Christmas presents.

We pay one annual fee for Prime and order enough stuff through Amazon that the free shipping more than pays for that annual fee. And Hombre and I each use the account and order under our own names. Not quite so good a deal for a single guy but if you pay more in shipping every year than the one annual fee, it's worth it.
By the way, just a heads up, Microsoft will be rolling out Edge Chromium next January eventually replacing the current Edge that you use. Chromium is the open source version of Chrome, it'll be better, faster, more secure and a more usable modern browser. Thought ya might want to know, maybe try out Chromium so that at least you have an idea of what's coming and you're familiar with it when it does transition.
I am trying not to upgrade to Microsoft edge because I am scared I will loose my favorites list. So I am still using the outdated internet explorer.
Uummmm, getting rid of IE as soon as possible would be a VERY good thing for security reasons alone.
Here's a couple of links on how to backup your IE settings, they both pretty much say the same thing.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-save-find-backup-favorites-or-bookmarks-in-internet-explorer-8

Import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer | Firefox Help

Just as long as you remember that Edge will be changing to Edge Chromium in just over a month. Not sure what changes that will bring but it will most likely be somewhat different than what you're now using.

Another way would be to download and install Firefox or Chrome, the install will ask if you want to import bookmarks & settings from IE, just click yes and everything will automatically be imported.

I done did it, I upgraded to Microsoft edge from internet explorer, and imported my favorites into it. Thanks.

Does anyone here use metacreations painter 6 software? It is free to download, because it is obsolete and was designed to run on windows 98, but I want to run it on windows 10. I could buy the new version 2020 which costs
£360 but I hesitate to spend that kind of money if I can get the old free version to work.

Does anyone here use metacreations painter 6 software? It is free to download, because it is obsolete and was designed to run on windows 98, but I want to run it on windows 10. I could buy the new version 2020 which costs
£360 but I hesitate to spend that kind of money if I can get the old free version to work.
If it worked on XP then it might work on Win 10. If you have the disc (disc not floppy) or can download it you run setup as Admin with XP compatability mode.

https://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

If it worked on XP then it might work on Win 10. If you have the disc (disc not floppy) or can download it you run setup as Admin with XP compatability mode.

https://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/
If it doesn't work here's some highly rated free ones.

The best free painting software 2019 | TechRadar

Got about a third of the walls tiled today before I ran out of steam. No where near what I expected to get done but when you're this out of shape and out of practice.
Back at it tomorrow........

Forum List

Back