USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wel...Abel is having some issues. He has been shaking his head forever, but..being a feral cat, I have shamefully ignored it. When I petted him today and a jaw scratch he enjoys..I noticed both glands under his jaw are hugely swollen. So...I guess its vet time. Sigh.
He is 85% feral...15% semi friendly. The vet visit is going to be interesting. I will warn them they are dealing with a feral cat. But I need to see what the heck is going on with him. I can't afford to spend what Anne did on Evie...nor will I ask her for help. So this one is on me and MrG as long as it doesn't cost a few arms and legs we can't spare. I figure a inspection of his ear and his glands. Get some antibiotics in him. THEN see how much a neuter will cost me. He isn't my cat. I feed him. But I feed his wild daddy and his wild mama along with a few other ferals along with the two possums. But, I won't let him suffer either if I can help it. Too bad Evie doesn't have any money. He is HER friend after all, lol.
My feral colony was always so healthy but they did get a liberal feeding of fresh goat milk, too. Of the three ferals who have become my house cats, one is allergic to smoke, of all things. He's also the least approachable of the three. He tends to stay inside more than the other two, but you can only pet him if he allows it. If I would try to catch him, I'd no doubt be down a few square inches of skin. Good luck with Abel.

Here is todays effort with Microsoft 'fresh paint' > Still using a mouse , but my tablet is due tomorrow.
FreshPaint-14-2019.11.13-11.38.24.jpg

:salute:Finished a 9-patch yesterday and another stripey qilt top today in boy blue. That's ten & was my goal for November. The ones I do now can take some time, which makes them more playful and fun. But getting the ten done in less than a month was totally a joy. Hope everyone has a lovely evening. I got over the eye inflammation due to mowing last week on an evening which I had forgotten brings out the tiniest biting insects which attach themselves to your skin. The next morning my left eye was swollen shut, so I went and got some advice from the pharmacy and came home with specific items to kill the no-see-ums and their eggs, too. It wrinkled all the skin around my eyelids. They have an "eyelid" cleaner at pharmacies you can get over the counter if that ever happens to any of you who encounter such a problem. The other thing is a heated eye cover that makes you comfortable but kills the bugs. It's one of those gadgets you have a port for, which I haven't figured out how to plug in and use yet. The eyelid wipes are very effective, though, and the Eye Relief drops from Bausch and Lomb are a godsend.

Great coffee shop patrons, and veterans, I salute!:salute: I sang "This land is your land" at Karaoke for the vets attending the karaoke place Friday night last. Sorry for being a day late and a dollar short! Of course, no one sounds like Woody Guthrie:

Thanks all who served your country. :thup:

Here's the tub enclosure before I grouted the front and added some of the trim.

QLAPBOp_k6S4TO4RPmQvqmCXhR-xkB9MbvZDv4XJ2iSlkp8fJXIIaCMKr0US3UWoN2MZXQogAOSbsLO9CiLm7LapFn1lNssO8AAEXrJRnh_rjClqLO64DSb66AqclumEh2QUb07dEQCPzbfJth7gdTetWaK6K_C5ST-k_oE1JBhC_JQe-G31rNyS86I0nhSiKIpUR5QcLeHjh_7M0rT8Ip7bgYERzu4meGV8FI0ywOnWviv5fOdlJdHy5fC1i-LBSqLE3hHH85lDy7i-nB-UoUEG7Nqn45yrwhXfFo3QuzmqcZS5t0kHWMBwZx6_Xm129jDVVr7zE342b_IqWt8qFbrf5rbqW3Ns38VrEcf_imkqcSvHUJbxwOQVsJpZGZJgwv_IOFnsptc-whqI9MnSmqyiqx2ievWOoGCCwvoaNVYoO7kM51zTbfatGCTLQul8MkCVQXhWqg4PKujNMGpsmfy6lU8qj8GHbKje1jttVW5alv1Oqj_BbUhfV2LBT-EHGdJ3P0FcqmkrXFdyDBvo5KirQC43VpPD_ShIDvTcsM45lm6N3OpQYvbuuuKHv_Jg12spgYe5ZfuTQqtZGMYA80kxMCBCPPuvBK37ymEqPoc2gr5xOw6GPCQUZPc5jqS9JmM_30bg2_ic6MWeCvsVBlrUfLJmyTyzkWjDZe16Kgyg764deYDJHb8=w1134-h851-no

As you can see I have a lot more work to do. Yesterday I took a break, was too exhausted, today I taped and mudded the upper section and skimmed the Durock with (concrete board) with a layer of drywall mud. Initially I had planed to go all the way up to the ceiling with tile but decided to only go about 5 feet up as I'm not sure I have enough tile to go all the way up.

Here it is so far.

nGTDyqTqoVgY_Z1tcFOhriFebeA7CLNmtJFshXgNr829RnkeaM2LIbhgL-gJVCuDla69jxO0Rfto5HtOH9Y1DqRmW0EdcyA0EQzmmR879sG3CeD6QzoIV7DdRn3F0rbV4GSwvj5vBHD_Ah85FGzbg1vmkEn7LniqHmZW45TYxyqVrGtCbJ4lCU5pJ2cxZ1iEoyEJUbSclJ6V1UYzG3KCKvqan7LcZkd2jVdRyNS7cWyGdg8QX4tQJXsvyyDIJnf3F3LJxA3R5JDoQs_-xwX4FyEE5MCZkn4zBoxvnWCFDjjTXazS2jAc7NBC_9YftU0unTqjpI5756ImNBAK3GuoSEufpY188bpzD0lpYDh1eVLVsvXIWfCYLfBmK04JMwGmrnu3b9RL1HxZ0L7yz9c8TqG7zokYnbLcnzCud6IPBJ3Ctq0ufnYQNiJ6fLCO2TeYnmcgMef5hchlNCBK4ija83AyCKa_PpSQz1mvKoc0n1b15fm2u0n3EE2cLyLnicoKkgxJDq-qwAcHKSGIh8Y-5Lc7_z4inQnkv1dsCEJ0jObkeLsNCPWJtbDMMxZXj3MHOz-kl0MFa8rLQzbm3gntbu423y-2kZCAjhWMS6nV474l6t8ZO0NMRiOtadmxfretYSY7I78yLdw0nXMxPxle5zQwi_UvbMSuEERBDBTy61FunyCGOlUpeC0=w638-h850-no

How do you like the faucet?

Wel...Abel is having some issues. He has been shaking his head forever, but..being a feral cat, I have shamefully ignored it. When I petted him today and a jaw scratch he enjoys..I noticed both glands under his jaw are hugely swollen. So...I guess its vet time. Sigh.
He is 85% feral...15% semi friendly. The vet visit is going to be interesting. I will warn them they are dealing with a feral cat. But I need to see what the heck is going on with him. I can't afford to spend what Anne did on Evie...nor will I ask her for help. So this one is on me and MrG as long as it doesn't cost a few arms and legs we can't spare. I figure a inspection of his ear and his glands. Get some antibiotics in him. THEN see how much a neuter will cost me. He isn't my cat. I feed him. But I feed his wild daddy and his wild mama along with a few other ferals along with the two possums. But, I won't let him suffer either if I can help it. Too bad Evie doesn't have any money. He is HER friend after all, lol.
My feral colony was always so healthy but they did get a liberal feeding of fresh goat milk, too. Of the three ferals who have become my house cats, one is allergic to smoke, of all things. He's also the least approachable of the three. He tends to stay inside more than the other two, but you can only pet him if he allows it. If I would try to catch him, I'd no doubt be down a few square inches of skin. Good luck with Abel.
I plan to wear a very thick coat when I grab him. He WILL let me pick him up...but not for very long. And I can't rise up to a standing position. Just a few feet off the floor. BUT...I bought a strong carrier today, and I have it by the milk bowl...and he has already gone in to check it out. He's nosey :D. Anyway..gonna just shove him in there the best I can and hope for the best. He really needs to see that vet. They said he has to be knocked out since he is feral..but they want half of what the other vet quoted. So..tomorrow at 9am...he's going to sleepy time and they can handle him all they want. Until he wakes up. :)

I got a graphics tablet in the post today, but my first impression is its not as easy to use as I thought. I guess it takes practice to develop some skill with it.

Well...Abel got a surprise. So did I. I just picked him up and dropped him in the carrier. Easy peasy, lol. Or better still...LUCKY. No, he was not a happy camper once I did it. I was afraid he would tear apart that carrier!! But, he eventually settled down. So right now...he is asleep and being poked and prodded..and will be neutered as well if he doesn't have a huge infection or problem. Time will tell. I pick him up this afternoon. Poor Abel. He's gonna be really mad at me. :D

Well...vet just called. Abel is now..drumroll...an Abby. He's a she. And she has already been spayed. I guess she was in the catch and release program when she was a kitten cuz she has a notch in her ear (vet said they do that to mark already "fixed" kittens). She has an ear infection, but also has swollen lymph nodes that could be cancer but I didn't want to pay 200 bucks for a test (lymphoma). They said when she gets really ill and can't do cat things anymore, then she should be put down. I said I agreed. But for now, she is eating, drinking, playing, pooping, peeing, and in general seems to be happy except for the ear infection for which she was treated today. And when the time comes to send her off to rainbow bridge..well..then that's what I will do. But not yet. Tis not time for her any more than it is for Evie.

So now..Abby is the new addition to the family I guess. Not Abel. ABBY. :D

Well...vet just called. Abel is now..drumroll...an Abby. He's a she. And she has already been spayed. I guess she was in the catch and release program when she was a kitten cuz she has a notch in her ear (vet said they do that to mark already "fixed" kittens). She has an ear infection, but also has swollen lymph nodes that could be cancer but I didn't want to pay 200 bucks for a test (lymphoma). They said when she gets really ill and can't do cat things anymore, then she should be put down. I said I agreed. But for now, she is eating, drinking, playing, pooping, peeing, and in general seems to be happy except for the ear infection for which she was treated today. And when the time comes to send her off to rainbow bridge..well..then that's what I will do. But not yet. Tis not time for her any more than it is for Evie.

That's similar to what happened with my mother and the stray she and her husband took in. In their cast, though, I think they had already named the cat with a female name, then came to find out it was an already neutered male. :)

Sorry Gracie. When I read your post here I just couldn't resist:

75369190_2495313340517657_2759978256793862144_o.jpg

Seriously I'm happy for Abby. She's healthy and happy for now, no surgery, and I bet she does just fine.

I got a graphics tablet in the post today, but my first impression is its not as easy to use as I thought. I guess it takes practice to develop some skill with it.

Let me know so I'll know whether I want one or not. :)

Well I am struggling with the tablet. I find I need to switch between the mouse and the pen. I tried to copy a photo of my ex bird but it needs a lot of work.
FreshPaint-15-2019.11.14-11.33.19 (2).jpg

Well...Abel got a surprise. So did I. I just picked him up and dropped him in the carrier. Easy peasy, lol. Or better still...LUCKY. No, he was not a happy camper once I did it. I was afraid he would tear apart that carrier!! But, he eventually settled down. So right now...he is asleep and being poked and prodded..and will be neutered as well if he doesn't have a huge infection or problem. Time will tell. I pick him up this afternoon. Poor Abel. He's gonna be really mad at me. :D

Probably the bikini wax was over the top.

Would her last name be Normal? :dunno:

Here's the tub enclosure before I grouted the front and added some of the trim.

QLAPBOp_k6S4TO4RPmQvqmCXhR-xkB9MbvZDv4XJ2iSlkp8fJXIIaCMKr0US3UWoN2MZXQogAOSbsLO9CiLm7LapFn1lNssO8AAEXrJRnh_rjClqLO64DSb66AqclumEh2QUb07dEQCPzbfJth7gdTetWaK6K_C5ST-k_oE1JBhC_JQe-G31rNyS86I0nhSiKIpUR5QcLeHjh_7M0rT8Ip7bgYERzu4meGV8FI0ywOnWviv5fOdlJdHy5fC1i-LBSqLE3hHH85lDy7i-nB-UoUEG7Nqn45yrwhXfFo3QuzmqcZS5t0kHWMBwZx6_Xm129jDVVr7zE342b_IqWt8qFbrf5rbqW3Ns38VrEcf_imkqcSvHUJbxwOQVsJpZGZJgwv_IOFnsptc-whqI9MnSmqyiqx2ievWOoGCCwvoaNVYoO7kM51zTbfatGCTLQul8MkCVQXhWqg4PKujNMGpsmfy6lU8qj8GHbKje1jttVW5alv1Oqj_BbUhfV2LBT-EHGdJ3P0FcqmkrXFdyDBvo5KirQC43VpPD_ShIDvTcsM45lm6N3OpQYvbuuuKHv_Jg12spgYe5ZfuTQqtZGMYA80kxMCBCPPuvBK37ymEqPoc2gr5xOw6GPCQUZPc5jqS9JmM_30bg2_ic6MWeCvsVBlrUfLJmyTyzkWjDZe16Kgyg764deYDJHb8=w1134-h851-no

As you can see I have a lot more work to do. Yesterday I took a break, was too exhausted, today I taped and mudded the upper section and skimmed the Durock with (concrete board) with a layer of drywall mud. Initially I had planed to go all the way up to the ceiling with tile but decided to only go about 5 feet up as I'm not sure I have enough tile to go all the way up.

Here it is so far.

nGTDyqTqoVgY_Z1tcFOhriFebeA7CLNmtJFshXgNr829RnkeaM2LIbhgL-gJVCuDla69jxO0Rfto5HtOH9Y1DqRmW0EdcyA0EQzmmR879sG3CeD6QzoIV7DdRn3F0rbV4GSwvj5vBHD_Ah85FGzbg1vmkEn7LniqHmZW45TYxyqVrGtCbJ4lCU5pJ2cxZ1iEoyEJUbSclJ6V1UYzG3KCKvqan7LcZkd2jVdRyNS7cWyGdg8QX4tQJXsvyyDIJnf3F3LJxA3R5JDoQs_-xwX4FyEE5MCZkn4zBoxvnWCFDjjTXazS2jAc7NBC_9YftU0unTqjpI5756ImNBAK3GuoSEufpY188bpzD0lpYDh1eVLVsvXIWfCYLfBmK04JMwGmrnu3b9RL1HxZ0L7yz9c8TqG7zokYnbLcnzCud6IPBJ3Ctq0ufnYQNiJ6fLCO2TeYnmcgMef5hchlNCBK4ija83AyCKa_PpSQz1mvKoc0n1b15fm2u0n3EE2cLyLnicoKkgxJDq-qwAcHKSGIh8Y-5Lc7_z4inQnkv1dsCEJ0jObkeLsNCPWJtbDMMxZXj3MHOz-kl0MFa8rLQzbm3gntbu423y-2kZCAjhWMS6nV474l6t8ZO0NMRiOtadmxfretYSY7I78yLdw0nXMxPxle5zQwi_UvbMSuEERBDBTy61FunyCGOlUpeC0=w638-h850-no

How do you like the faucet?
Very nice, Ringel! I like that color.

As long as you keep feeding him, he will forgive you. Just be careful about putting your shoes where he can get to them.

Guess you really didn't have much opportunity to check her label, did you?

Let me know so I'll know whether I want one or not. :)

Well I am struggling with the tablet. I find I need to switch between the mouse and the pen. I tried to copy a photo of my ex bird but it needs a lot of work.View attachment 289850
Keep on practicing. You will probably develop your very own style with time. How exciting, discovering a new way to express yourself.

Forum List

Back