USMB Coffee Shop IV

Dang, gallantwarrior ..when it rains it pours for you too! You are one strong dude, buddy. Don't let anyone...or YOU...tell you different. Don't know what the "worst thing ever" is, but it must be bad. My prayers are up for ya, hon.

And now..I am off to bed. Doc appt tomorrow (regular doc), to see what to do about my high blood pressure. Docs and nurses at the hospital said I am a walking time bomb for a stroke. I damn sure don't want one of those and survive it. I'd rather kick than wake up a vegetable with the need to depend on MrGracie. I adore him, but he would NOT be a good caregiver. Nope. I'd be fucked 3 ways to sunday if I had to rely on him.
Anyway..I put off the stop smoking until I can see my doc. BP will skyrocket worse going thru withdrawals, so I want to try to get this under control, then start the patch. Whether I can get it down or not doesn't matter. I have 4 packs left. Once those are gone..that's it. My patches patiently await me.

Throat still sore too. Not as bad, but still....he fucked it up something fierce. I gotta ask him tomorrow when I swing by to see my reg Doc just what the hell he did and did it fuck up my thyroid cuz it feels like I wanna puke all the time from being poked in the throat..but nobody is poking it, so he did a number on the INSIDE is my guess and I wanna know how long this feeling will last. Talked ot Sister In Laws brother and he saidhe had it done too a month or so ago and it took 2 weeks for his throat to heal and yes...he felt like puking and a throat poking too. Said they SHOVE that thing down your throat and devil take the hindmost so I presume they did the same thing to me. Nether region is doing just fine so far. No problems. Everything "normal" if you get my drift. So...I wanna see what he did, any biopsies, results of those if he did that, and in general...info. He told me some stuff but I was still comig out of anesthesia and have no clue what he said.

Anyway....bedtime. See yall tomorrow! Will let ya know what both docs say.

Ringel05 ...my regards to you and the wife. Will be praying for you both.
Sleep well, Gracie.
I know what you mean about surviving a stroke. After all the shit I've been through with the partner after his stroke, I'd rather just kick it, too. The partner is irritable and angry all the time, just spoiling for a fight. While he's never been physically violent before, he totally lost his shit Sunday and punched me in the mouth because he couldn't figure out how to log onto a website and I pretty much refused to do it for him. He's got to learn how to do this kind of thing for himself. After he started throwing things and I told him to quit acting like a three-year-old having a temper tantrum, he popped me one good. He's been back at his place in town since then and he has me to thank that he didn't go to jail. I made a case for him to go home instead because of his recent stroke and other medical issues. I don't know whether he realizes how badly he screwed up his life by allowing himself to lose control like he did. When we go to court, I am going to insist on anger management and that he see a doctor about his issues.
Somehow I missed this post, GW. Prayers up for you. FWIW, I hope you reported the punch at least to the emergency room. Blows to the head can cause mild concussion in their best light and can lead to dementia, as I know from the loss of my husband and his 10-year battle with the disease, which came to our attention about 3 years before he died. The blow to his head was executed by a gang of bullies in the early 60s, and according to his neurologist, the brain starts falling away from the brain at the site of the blow and can take half a lifetime to show up as dementia. Who knew back then he would die of his wounds half a lifetime later which was the first time the truth of the damage came to light? And FWIW, there are procedures nowadays in neurologist land that can prevent the problem if it is first identified in an emergency room test that should be administered when the head receives the blow. This also gives you a legal right or two in the case of a partnership that leads to a blow anywhere above the neck. Be sure someone official knows about your blow, O gallant one, because it could help cover costs of your procedures when and if you ever need something done related to that blow to your head, and it could prevent you spending the last few years of your life wondering who you are and what you did with your precious life and whether you have children. :huddle:

If you haven't seen a medical expert (Neurologist) about your head blow, consider the symptoms here: Concussions: How They Can Affect You Now and Later | University of Utah Health
Thanks for the info.
I called the police as soon as possible. He's been charged with Assault 4. I don't know whether he realizes just how badly he screwed up his life with that one impulsive blow. He really does need to get some medical attention for the cerebral infection he's gotten since his stroke. For now, he's staying at his house in Anchorage and I am happy to be in my place.
This is a hard one and I've seen it over and over again in patients who have had severe life changing accidents or health issues. They get to the point where frustration and anger pretty much takes over and they're mad at the world for what's happening to them and sometimes can become situationally violent. It's part of the coping mechanism. Most work through it over time but that was never an excuse to let them off the hook for their actions though "punishment" should fit condition. People who have experienced brain trauma (stroke, etc) can be quite unpredictable, they can be perfectly fine one moment and violent the next, verbally and or physically. It's tough to deal with and not being there in your place I cannot assess your partner's mental and emotional condition so as you're there you have to make a choice to continue to help or cut him loose. Sorry you have to go through that, I should have warned you it might be coming but was/am too lost in my own situation to think of it at the time. Sorry.

:huddle:

I think most of us don't realize what you and Mrs. R are going through but I can imagine. Is she having a lot of awful with the new med?

You can kick it with a recipe I discovered when I was trying to get rid of pneumonia. It said it was for lung cancer but was also effective for asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia. You need a food processor or a cup of distilled water in a large blender: 3 sticks celery cut in 2" logs; two beets quartered; 2 carrots, cut in 2" intervals; 4 radishes; 2 cloves garlic; one apple, core and seeds removed, quartered. blend until in liquid form. Add distilled water if too thick. Use drink for one meal. Drink it all. I hate it, so I hold my nose while I am drinking and blocking air that makes you able to taste the #@&%* stuff. (insert expletive of your choice). You have to do it every day for 45 days. It's supposed to make you hear your doctor say, "What th' ???" when he examines your next clear chest ex-ray. For some reason, my pneumonia went away, but a few weeks later, I unwisely didn't cover my face when mowing the fallow fields out front that had the wild weeds (not grass) turned black, probably with mold which I am allergic to since forever and ago. I also found some equally disgusting health drinks that have beet juice in them and they taste like #@&%* too, except they're sweeter. The carrot juice is really good, and the one I got said it had 900% of your vitamin A requirement in it, which is also antagonistic to chest and breathing issues. Right now, my lungs are clear of all garbage that was wheezed up and down the pipes at night, and I'm pretty happy about not wheezing. I'm also changing from milk-soaked cereal in the morning to an egg omelette with cut up garlic, green onion, and mild packaged peppers minced fine in the mix with a few beef smokies. That's probably bad, but it's better than trying to hold my breath, chew food, and not get it down the offended pipes which would make me say more #@&^* words. :D

Love ya! Get well, girls and guys with testy chesty issues.
Oh I forgot to mention up there ^^^ that a friend of mine who has emphasema asked me to research anything he can do. I was pretty reluctant, because my outdated 80's health schools tended to go with the never-ending fire story about emphasema. I checked it out and nutritionists have done some discoveries about turning emphasema. Several tests that were run on thousands of people that had some other condition were taking vitamin A. Those who were known to have had emphasema didn't have it any more. Apparently the Vitamin A was thought to have influenced the emphasema fire theory as bogus as a hopeless condition, so they ran some more tests on people whose problem was emphasema, and they ran Vitamin A against a placebo. Test after test kept coming up with reduced the size of the emphasema lesions in the tests along with numerous x-rays showing reduced affliction to total absence of the disease. My doctor ran some tests on me a few years back and found me deficient in potassium, Vitamin D and Vitamin A. I took supplements for a while, but stopped when my fatigue went away. Now I'm getting leg cramps and reviewed studies in potassium, A and D. I'm going upstairs and starting over, except this time, I'm not going to quit because of Vitamin A helping people with lung problems so much. It's also the eye vitamin, and people who also take Lutein along with their regular One-a-Day vitamins have less trouble with eye pain when driving at night when combined with vitamin A. If you add Collagen and Biotin supplements, your skin clears up and you look younger. The new creams available even at walmart now can eliminate the crows feet near the eyes, puffy areas above and below the eye, and get rid of those cruddy rings that form at the base of the neck when you hit 60. When I tried it, 3 months later all those wrinkles disappeared, which was unheard of 25 years ago. Now, Hollywood actresses are still working up into their 70s with no wrinkles on their faces any more.

Oh, my, I'd be getting myself chewed out if this were a political thread and i strayed in four directions from the topic. <giggle> :laugh2: :backpedal: :laugh2:

Anyway, my emphasema friend called me the other day and he went and got a bottle of vitamin A. Hopefully, we'll still be pals 10 years from now instead of me having another friend who's 6 feet under. :(

That does it. After my cuppa coffee, I'm going straight upstairs and working on another ship quilt. I have enough squares in process to make 4 blue quilts for charity. I spent a couple of months making nothing but pink quilts for EJ's granddaughters and a whole lotta fire engines for the 5 grandsons who were EJ's heirs as well. When the roses bloom, I'm gonna take a couple of them to lay on EJ's grave, and his wife who died 10 years ago. His mother lopped off about 15 acres for a family plot years ago, so they're situated right next to the farm they held onto through the depression in the 30s and back several generations.
How interesting! I will get vitamin A today. Keep going on the quilts! I am sure they are appreciated!

Thank you
Best wishes, Jackson.

Not all doctors ignore nutrition. This one has a way of unclogging arteries and reducing high blood pressure. All you gotta do other than this is to (daily) walk around the block a couple of times (start in with a shorter walk if 2 blocks is too much). Also, if you're over 50, you need to stretch a minute or two before engaging in physical activity if you aren't already on an exercise program. Stretching will reduce any soreness that would have risen if you didn't want to be laid up for a long winter's nap with aches and pains. Now for my Doctor friend, Mr. Informed-about-nutrition:
(Clogged arteries result from the build-up of a substance called plaque in the arterial walls. It is also medically referred to as arterial plaque. This plaque can reduce blood flow or even block it altogether.) His panacea takes 7 weeks, but it should start opening clogged arteries a little at a time each morning. If you already had a meal, drink a half cup of distilled or purified water and wait 2 hours to have that empty stomach. It took me about a half hour to peel the lemons and process them in my blender, which took one cup of water to ensure proper blending of the items drawn and quartered. :D Also, my blender has a setting entitled "Liquefy" which I used. and there wasn't a shred of anything except mush in the strainer by the time I got to the straining step. The drink doesn't taste near as bad as the #@%$* beet juice. :lmao:I'm so old my ankles are swollen due to clogged arteries and I'm hoping to have ankles like Marilyn Monroe in her prime again. The doctor wanted me to have my arteries surgically scrubbed a month or two ago, but I dragged my heels at the thought of it because I live alone, my nearest relative is 100 miles away, so on Ground Hog's day I'm going to write a note to revisit the doctor's office so I can hear her say "What th-....???" when she checks my unclogged arteries and wonders why my condition is reversed. Yes, I know. Optimism can be a fault. :D

Wishing you all the best Beautress. And I wrote down the recipe and will try it as
You can kick it with a recipe I discovered when I was trying to get rid of pneumonia. It said it was for lung cancer but was also effective for asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia. You need a food processor or a cup of distilled water in a large blender: 3 sticks celery cut in 2" logs; two beets quartered; 2 carrots, cut in 2" intervals; 4 radishes; 2 cloves garlic; one apple, core and seeds removed, quartered. blend until in liquid form. Add distilled water if too thick. Use drink for one meal. Drink it all. I hate it, so I hold my nose while I am drinking and blocking air that makes you able to taste the #@&%* stuff. (insert expletive of your choice). You have to do it every day for 45 days. It's supposed to make you hear your doctor say, "What th' ???" when he examines your next clear chest ex-ray. For some reason, my pneumonia went away, but a few weeks later, I unwisely didn't cover my face when mowing the fallow fields out front that had the wild weeds (not grass) turned black, probably with mold which I am allergic to since forever and ago. I also found some equally disgusting health drinks that have beet juice in them and they taste like #@&%* too, except they're sweeter. The carrot juice is really good, and the one I got said it had 900% of your vitamin A requirement in it, which is also antagonistic to chest and breathing issues. Right now, my lungs are clear of all garbage that was wheezed up and down the pipes at night, and I'm pretty happy about not wheezing. I'm also changing from milk-soaked cereal in the morning to an egg omelette with cut up garlic, green onion, and mild packaged peppers minced fine in the mix with a few beef smokies. That's probably bad, but it's better than trying to hold my breath, chew food, and not get it down the offended pipes which would make me say more #@&^* words. :D

Love ya! Get well, girls and guys with testy chesty issues.
Oh I forgot to mention up there ^^^ that a friend of mine who has emphasema asked me to research anything he can do. I was pretty reluctant, because my outdated 80's health schools tended to go with the never-ending fire story about emphasema. I checked it out and nutritionists have done some discoveries about turning emphasema. Several tests that were run on thousands of people that had some other condition were taking vitamin A. Those who were known to have had emphasema didn't have it any more. Apparently the Vitamin A was thought to have influenced the emphasema fire theory as bogus as a hopeless condition, so they ran some more tests on people whose problem was emphasema, and they ran Vitamin A against a placebo. Test after test kept coming up with reduced the size of the emphasema lesions in the tests along with numerous x-rays showing reduced affliction to total absence of the disease. My doctor ran some tests on me a few years back and found me deficient in potassium, Vitamin D and Vitamin A. I took supplements for a while, but stopped when my fatigue went away. Now I'm getting leg cramps and reviewed studies in potassium, A and D. I'm going upstairs and starting over, except this time, I'm not going to quit because of Vitamin A helping people with lung problems so much. It's also the eye vitamin, and people who also take Lutein along with their regular One-a-Day vitamins have less trouble with eye pain when driving at night when combined with vitamin A. If you add Collagen and Biotin supplements, your skin clears up and you look younger. The new creams available even at walmart now can eliminate the crows feet near the eyes, puffy areas above and below the eye, and get rid of those cruddy rings that form at the base of the neck when you hit 60. When I tried it, 3 months later all those wrinkles disappeared, which was unheard of 25 years ago. Now, Hollywood actresses are still working up into their 70s with no wrinkles on their faces any more.

Oh, my, I'd be getting myself chewed out if this were a political thread and i strayed in four directions from the topic. <giggle> :laugh2: :backpedal: :laugh2:

Anyway, my emphasema friend called me the other day and he went and got a bottle of vitamin A. Hopefully, we'll still be pals 10 years from now instead of me having another friend who's 6 feet under. :(

That does it. After my cuppa coffee, I'm going straight upstairs and working on another ship quilt. I have enough squares in process to make 4 blue quilts for charity. I spent a couple of months making nothing but pink quilts for EJ's granddaughters and a whole lotta fire engines for the 5 grandsons who were EJ's heirs as well. When the roses bloom, I'm gonna take a couple of them to lay on EJ's grave, and his wife who died 10 years ago. His mother lopped off about 15 acres for a family plot years ago, so they're situated right next to the farm they held onto through the depression in the 30s and back several generations.
How interesting! I will get vitamin A today. Keep going on the quilts! I am sure they are appreciated!

Thank you
Best wishes, Jackson.

Not all doctors ignore nutrition. This one has a way of unclogging arteries and reducing high blood pressure. All you gotta do other than this is to (daily) walk around the block a couple of times (start in with a shorter walk if 2 blocks is too much). Also, if you're over 50, you need to stretch a minute or two before engaging in physical activity if you aren't already on an exercise program. Stretching will reduce any soreness that would have risen if you didn't want to be laid up for a long winter's nap with aches and pains. Now for my Doctor friend, Mr. Informed-about-nutrition:
(Clogged arteries result from the build-up of a substance called plaque in the arterial walls. It is also medically referred to as arterial plaque. This plaque can reduce blood flow or even block it altogether.) His panacea takes 7 weeks, but it should start opening clogged arteries a little at a time each morning. If you already had a meal, drink a half cup of distilled or purified water and wait 2 hours to have that empty stomach. It took me about a half hour to peel the lemons and process them in my blender, which took one cup of water to ensure proper blending of the items drawn and quartered. :D Also, my blender has a setting entitled "Liquefy" which I used. and there wasn't a shred of anything except mush in the strainer by the time I got to the straining step. The drink doesn't taste near as bad as the #@%$* beet juice. :lmao:I'm so old my ankles are swollen due to clogged arteries and I'm hoping to have ankles like Marilyn Monroe in her prime again. The doctor wanted me to have my arteries surgically scrubbed a month or two ago, but I dragged my heels at the thought of it because I live alone, my nearest relative is 100 miles away, so on Ground Hog's day I'm going to write a note to revisit the doctor's office so I can hear her say "What th-....???" when she checks my unclogged arteries and wonders why my condition is reversed. Yes, I know. Optimism can be a fault. :D

Interesting Beautress. I believe in holistic cures wherever possible. Wrote down the recipe and will try it with you. I have been informed that I have some hardening of arteries here and there--nothing critical yet--but would like to eliminate further problems and hopefully reverse what's there.

Will put myself on the vigil list, however, as an ultrasound on Monday revealed that I have a small mass on my liver and will schedule a Ct scan to check it out. It is likely nothing serious, but you never know.

So will appreciate prayers/positive vibes from you Coffee Shoppers for a positive test result.

Prayers up, Foxfyre. :eusa_pray:

If only there were a way that when one system becomes healthy, to stop another system from failing. Staying alive past 80 can be a constant fight that others cannot see.

Beauty is said not to be in a jar, yet as time goes forward, yes, there are jars that nourish starving skin cells and remove wrinkles that makes old skin baby-soft. These products were not available to everyday women 10 years ago. That changed a couple of years back as cosmetics companies looked at and found remedies for cellular regeneration that everyday people can afford. The kicker is that some bright young women didn't know about the rules of science and went by hearing that this or that element did well, and from their grapevine experience put the right two or three products together that synergized the youth of skin cells, marketed them, and made a whole lot of old faces grow new younger-looking skin in just about 4 weeks of consecutive application. We now have 70 year old women who turned around skin scarred by age with just applying a product in a jar that reversed the aging it was applied to, whether it was bags below the eyes or neck skin that harbored rings to being clear as baby skin again.

Staying alive is not a priority with me so much as quality of life while I am living. And yet I have two people who heavily depend on me so I need to stay alive for awhile too. Ah well. We do what we have to do as best as we can.

Dang, gallantwarrior ..when it rains it pours for you too! You are one strong dude, buddy. Don't let anyone...or YOU...tell you different. Don't know what the "worst thing ever" is, but it must be bad. My prayers are up for ya, hon.

And now..I am off to bed. Doc appt tomorrow (regular doc), to see what to do about my high blood pressure. Docs and nurses at the hospital said I am a walking time bomb for a stroke. I damn sure don't want one of those and survive it. I'd rather kick than wake up a vegetable with the need to depend on MrGracie. I adore him, but he would NOT be a good caregiver. Nope. I'd be fucked 3 ways to sunday if I had to rely on him.
Anyway..I put off the stop smoking until I can see my doc. BP will skyrocket worse going thru withdrawals, so I want to try to get this under control, then start the patch. Whether I can get it down or not doesn't matter. I have 4 packs left. Once those are gone..that's it. My patches patiently await me.

Throat still sore too. Not as bad, but still....he fucked it up something fierce. I gotta ask him tomorrow when I swing by to see my reg Doc just what the hell he did and did it fuck up my thyroid cuz it feels like I wanna puke all the time from being poked in the throat..but nobody is poking it, so he did a number on the INSIDE is my guess and I wanna know how long this feeling will last. Talked ot Sister In Laws brother and he saidhe had it done too a month or so ago and it took 2 weeks for his throat to heal and yes...he felt like puking and a throat poking too. Said they SHOVE that thing down your throat and devil take the hindmost so I presume they did the same thing to me. Nether region is doing just fine so far. No problems. Everything "normal" if you get my drift. So...I wanna see what he did, any biopsies, results of those if he did that, and in general...info. He told me some stuff but I was still comig out of anesthesia and have no clue what he said.

Sleep well, Gracie.
I know what you mean about surviving a stroke. After all the shit I've been through with the partner after his stroke, I'd rather just kick it, too. The partner is irritable and angry all the time, just spoiling for a fight. While he's never been physically violent before, he totally lost his shit Sunday and punched me in the mouth because he couldn't figure out how to log onto a website and I pretty much refused to do it for him. He's got to learn how to do this kind of thing for himself. After he started throwing things and I told him to quit acting like a three-year-old having a temper tantrum, he popped me one good. He's been back at his place in town since then and he has me to thank that he didn't go to jail. I made a case for him to go home instead because of his recent stroke and other medical issues. I don't know whether he realizes how badly he screwed up his life by allowing himself to lose control like he did. When we go to court, I am going to insist on anger management and that he see a doctor about his issues.
Somehow I missed this post, GW. Prayers up for you. FWIW, I hope you reported the punch at least to the emergency room. Blows to the head can cause mild concussion in their best light and can lead to dementia, as I know from the loss of my husband and his 10-year battle with the disease, which came to our attention about 3 years before he died. The blow to his head was executed by a gang of bullies in the early 60s, and according to his neurologist, the brain starts falling away from the brain at the site of the blow and can take half a lifetime to show up as dementia. Who knew back then he would die of his wounds half a lifetime later which was the first time the truth of the damage came to light? And FWIW, there are procedures nowadays in neurologist land that can prevent the problem if it is first identified in an emergency room test that should be administered when the head receives the blow. This also gives you a legal right or two in the case of a partnership that leads to a blow anywhere above the neck. Be sure someone official knows about your blow, O gallant one, because it could help cover costs of your procedures when and if you ever need something done related to that blow to your head, and it could prevent you spending the last few years of your life wondering who you are and what you did with your precious life and whether you have children. :huddle:

If you haven't seen a medical expert (Neurologist) about your head blow, consider the symptoms here: Concussions: How They Can Affect You Now and Later | University of Utah Health
Thanks for the info.
I called the police as soon as possible. He's been charged with Assault 4. I don't know whether he realizes just how badly he screwed up his life with that one impulsive blow. He really does need to get some medical attention for the cerebral infection he's gotten since his stroke. For now, he's staying at his house in Anchorage and I am happy to be in my place.
This is a hard one and I've seen it over and over again in patients who have had severe life changing accidents or health issues. They get to the point where frustration and anger pretty much takes over and they're mad at the world for what's happening to them and sometimes can become situationally violent. It's part of the coping mechanism. Most work through it over time but that was never an excuse to let them off the hook for their actions though "punishment" should fit condition. People who have experienced brain trauma (stroke, etc) can be quite unpredictable, they can be perfectly fine one moment and violent the next, verbally and or physically. It's tough to deal with and not being there in your place I cannot assess your partner's mental and emotional condition so as you're there you have to make a choice to continue to help or cut him loose. Sorry you have to go through that, I should have warned you it might be coming but was/am too lost in my own situation to think of it at the time. Sorry.

I think most of us don't realize what you and Mrs. R are going through but I can imagine. Is she having a lot of awful with the new med?
So far not so much but again its just the first round it could get worse later, we don't know.

Sorry folks! I've been away too long. It has been an eventful couple of weeks for me. I had a scheduled colonoscopy for the day before Thanksgiving! That meant Tuesday was prep day! Everybody's favorite! Then 7:00 am, down to the clinic for pictures, and they didn't give me one to hang on the fridge! Groggy from the anesthetic I slept Wednesday away. Then, what did I face the next day but a heaping Thanksgiving dinner!

I had adoctor appointment on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. But the day before I walked from the Great Hall here at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate to my bedroom. Upon getting there, I felt light headed. Then I saw the lights one would see upon getting a blow to the nose! Kness buckled, a staggering step and, in the words of Howard Cosell, DOWN GOES NOSMO! I smacked my noggin on the consol table biffing up my left eye and rendering me more senseless than usual.

Well, I told the doctor about that during my exam last Tuesday. His face blanched and immediately ordered up a regimen of high priced medical tests. He advised I go to the ER as they would be able to apply the battery of testing he wanted right away. So, as my doctor's office is actually in the hospital, I was seated in a wheelchair and dispacted to a waiting bed in the emergency room.

First, blood tests then a couple bags of saline were pumped into me. Then blood pressure testing. Laying down, blood pressure. Sitting up, blood pressure. Standing up, blood pressure. And there's your problem! It drops twenty point when I stand. EKG, chest x-ray, electrocardiogram, more blood drawn and the news, we're going to keep you here tonight!

I phoned my brother to do two things for me. First, take Daisy the Mutt home with him. Second, DON'T TELL MOM! I didn't want her to wring her hands in worry for me.

At midnight (of course it would be midnight) I was wheeled down for a CAT scan on my head. They found nothing. The hospital vampires stopped by every couple hours to draw more vials of my blood. Meanwhile, I had nothing to eat since 10:00 the proceeding morning. All I really wanted were two basic human needs. Food and sleep.

I tossed and turned all night. At 9:00 the next morning, I was visited by my doctor. He added to the chemistry set I down every day and took mercy on me and I was discharged. I drove to a nearby diner and had the best breakfast and the second best cup of coffee in my life.

So I've been keeping busy. How's by yinz guys?
So, what did they figure out was causing your problem?
They say it was due to dehydration. I'm diabetic and after the roller coaster of prepping for a colonoscopy then Thanksgiving sinner then a weekend jam packed with activities, my body was more thirsty than I knew. Ain't that a kick in the head?
Dehydration can be dangerous. Many folks don't recognize that they need to drink more. And then, if imbibing alcohol beverages, you need to drink even more water to offset the way alcohol dehydrates your body.

I should drink more water. But I never feel thirsty.

Many people who are dehydrated don't feel thirsty until the need for water becomes critical, though the 8 glasses of water a day suggestion isn't really necessary for many. But many times I have felt crappy, tired, irritable etc. and then realize that this is due to dehydration even though I haven't felt thirsty. A couple of glasses of water and I'm fine.
One nurse recommended I pinch the skin on the back of my hand. It should snap back in place quickly. But if you're dehydrated, it just stays pinched up and then sags back in place. Enough fluid in your system would show up in how pliable that patch of skin is.

They say it was due to dehydration. I'm diabetic and after the roller coaster of prepping for a colonoscopy then Thanksgiving sinner then a weekend jam packed with activities, my body was more thirsty than I knew. Ain't that a kick in the head?
Dehydration can be dangerous. Many folks don't recognize that they need to drink more. And then, if imbibing alcohol beverages, you need to drink even more water to offset the way alcohol dehydrates your body.

I should drink more water. But I never feel thirsty.

Many people who are dehydrated don't feel thirsty until the need for water becomes critical, though the 8 glasses of water a day suggestion isn't really necessary for many. But many times I have felt crappy, tired, irritable etc. and then realize that this is due to dehydration even though I haven't felt thirsty. A couple of glasses of water and I'm fine.
One nurse recommended I pinch the skin on the back of my hand. It should snap back in place quickly. But if you're dehydrated, it just stays pinched up and then sags back in place. Enough fluid in your system would show up in how pliable that patch of skin is.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Sleep well, Gracie.

Thanks for the info.

Being a New Mexican you might like this......... Having a little fun. :D

Why I love New Mexico

Sorry folks! I've been away too long. It has been an eventful couple of weeks for me. I had a scheduled colonoscopy for the day before Thanksgiving! That meant Tuesday was prep day! Everybody's favorite! Then 7:00 am, down to the clinic for pictures, and they didn't give me one to hang on the fridge! Groggy from the anesthetic I slept Wednesday away. Then, what did I face the next day but a heaping Thanksgiving dinner!

I had adoctor appointment on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. But the day before I walked from the Great Hall here at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate to my bedroom. Upon getting there, I felt light headed. Then I saw the lights one would see upon getting a blow to the nose! Kness buckled, a staggering step and, in the words of Howard Cosell, DOWN GOES NOSMO! I smacked my noggin on the consol table biffing up my left eye and rendering me more senseless than usual.

Well, I told the doctor about that during my exam last Tuesday. His face blanched and immediately ordered up a regimen of high priced medical tests. He advised I go to the ER as they would be able to apply the battery of testing he wanted right away. So, as my doctor's office is actually in the hospital, I was seated in a wheelchair and dispacted to a waiting bed in the emergency room.

First, blood tests then a couple bags of saline were pumped into me. Then blood pressure testing. Laying down, blood pressure. Sitting up, blood pressure. Standing up, blood pressure. And there's your problem! It drops twenty point when I stand. EKG, chest x-ray, electrocardiogram, more blood drawn and the news, we're going to keep you here tonight!

I phoned my brother to do two things for me. First, take Daisy the Mutt home with him. Second, DON'T TELL MOM! I didn't want her to wring her hands in worry for me.

At midnight (of course it would be midnight) I was wheeled down for a CAT scan on my head. They found nothing. The hospital vampires stopped by every couple hours to draw more vials of my blood. Meanwhile, I had nothing to eat since 10:00 the proceeding morning. All I really wanted were two basic human needs. Food and sleep.

I tossed and turned all night. At 9:00 the next morning, I was visited by my doctor. He added to the chemistry set I down every day and took mercy on me and I was discharged. I drove to a nearby diner and had the best breakfast and the second best cup of coffee in my life.

So I've been keeping busy. How's by yinz guys?

And this is why I always drink my whiskey on the rocks.

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:

So glad you checked in Peach. I've been thinking about you and the Mr. a lot and wondering what was happening. So thanks for the update. Will keep the prayers and positive vibes coming for you both.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery and comfort/peace for Peach.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and increased responsibilities and also for Rod's healing in mind, body, and spirit.
Gracie for wellness, good solutions, and a conquering spirit.
Jackson for wellness.
And me, Foxfyre, for good news from upcoming tests.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

25-Happiness-Life-Quotes-And-Inspirational-Sayings-to-Inspire-2.jpg

Or good afternoon to our U.S. easterners, good early evening to our western European friends, good evening/good night to our eastern European/Asian friends and/or happy Sunday to our Aussie friends. :)

I think the only continent not represented in any way in the Coffee Shop so far as I know is Africa. We'll have to work on that. :) (Well Antarctica isn't represented either, but does anybody living there even have internet?)

ff39157ab37166b059d21f0e43b8dfdc--happy-saturday-quotes-good-morning-saturday.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Or good afternoon to our U.S. easterners, good early evening to our western European friends, good evening/good night to our eastern European/Asian friends and/or happy Sunday to our Aussie friends. :)

I think the only continent not represented in the Coffee Shop so far as I know is Africa. We'll have to work on that. :)

ff39157ab37166b059d21f0e43b8dfdc--happy-saturday-quotes-good-morning-saturday.jpg

Thanks Foxfyre, it’s 6:10pm here, it’s nearly dinner time. I’ve had a lazy day on the sofa, I’ve not felt good for a week, I can’t seem to shrug off this dry head cold. The feeling of being tired all the time, congested, headaches. :(

I think the only continent not represented in the Coffee Shop so far as I know is Africa. We'll have to work on that. :)

Thanks Foxfyre, it’s 6:10pm here, it’s nearly dinner time. I’ve had a lazy day on the sofa, I’ve not felt good for a week, I can’t seem to shrug off this dry head cold. The feeling of being tired all the time, congested, headaches. :(

Well then, unless you object, we'll put you on the vigil list for a few days. Couldn't hurt.

I’ve a question to ask you ladies, I bought a painting in 1980 for my ex wife on holiday, it’s hung on the wall of my house even after we split up. My question is this; As I bought the painting for her should I give her half the money if I sell it?

Forum List

Back