USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ebay used to rock. Not sure how it is now. But it does have a wider audience.

My new wife hasnā€™t said she doesnā€™t want the painting, but I kept the family house giving my ex wife half the value of it.
Bit by bit, piece by piece everything has gone from my old life, the painting on the wall is the only survivor, she thinks I havenā€™t known or noticed that she has replaced every stitch in the house with her own choice, of course Iā€™ve paid for everything she desired.

So great to read your stories, Gracie and Roy. I am an art lover too with 150 works of art ( framed prints of the classics hanging in museums and private collections around the world ). They hang from floor to ceiling, literally. lol

Attachments

• D 009.JPG
    D 009.JPG
    388.2 KB · Views: 26
  • D 002 (4).JPG
    D 002 (4).JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 29
  • D.LR.JPG
    D.LR.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
So great to read your stories, Gracie and Roy. I am an art lover too with 150 works of art ( framed prints of the classics hanging in museums and private collections around the world ). They hand from floor to ceiling, literally. lol

That's your home Aqua? It is lovely. As are the prints.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
So great to read your stories, Gracie and Roy. I am an art lover too with 150 works of art ( framed prints of the classics hanging in museums and private collections around the world ). They hand from floor to ceiling, literally. lol

Yes, it is sweetie, and "thank you" but only a small portion is being reflected. Here is one more from the boudoir.

Attachments

• LACI2004XX.jpg
    LACI2004XX.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 27
Iā€™ve a question to ask you ladies, I bought a painting in 1980 for my ex wife on holiday, itā€™s hung on the wall of my house even after we split up. My question is this; As I bought the painting for her should I give her half the money if I sell it?

I try to avoid giving advice unless requested which it is being, however I am always loathed to tell people what they should or shouldn't do. When I am conflicted, I let my conscience be my guide. I refuse to live with guilt, regret, or indecision. I have to feel right and good about my actions, otherwise, I lose some of myself which I have strived hard to achieve.

Your wife sounds like a true gem. As I am not perfect, I would have had that reminder of another era preceding ours......out of there. New beginnings and all. ;)

You have a lovely home AquaAthena, as my northern wife would say ā€œah bet that tekes a bet of cleaning! ā€œ :)
LOL...yes, to the cleaning. Lots of glass and square footage not shown in these pics. Twenty- Tiffany-style lamps need constant wiping. Art needs dusting, and on and on but each day brings effort that is gratifying as to walk into this pristine beauty is a very sensual, and peaceful experience. More than one person has told me I should charge a cover charge. :) :) They say it's like being in a museum and others say art gallery. I like to show the house on dark days when the ambiance explodes due to all the bursts of color and gentle graciousness. It is awe-inspiring even to me after all these years of collecting. :)

Thanks, Roy. :love_ya4:

Iā€™ve a question to ask you ladies, I bought a painting in 1980 for my ex wife on holiday, itā€™s hung on the wall of my house even after we split up. My question is this; As I bought the painting for her should I give her half the money if I sell it?

I try to avoid giving advice unless requested which it is being, however I am always loathed to tell people what they should or shouldn't do. When I am conflicted, I let my conscience be my guide. I refuse to live with guilt, regret, or indecision. I have to feel right and good about my actions, otherwise, I lose some of myself which I have strived hard to achieve.

Your wife sounds like a true gem. As I am not perfect, I would have had that reminder of another era preceding ours......out of there. New beginnings and all. ;)
Like you I love collecting things. Most boys of my generation in the U.K. collected stamps. Of course I installed that discipline in both my sons and they in turn have their own collections and interests.
Also from stamps I collect WW1 memorabilia, from medals, to Army issue compasses.
The Allied Victory medals were issued after the war, each country produced their own except for the commonwealth countries, collecting ....all of the different ones has been.....a challenge.

I own a mint boxed Japanese WW1 victory medal
Japanese WWI Victory Medal
To find a boxed mint condition medal was hard.

Last edited:

Like you I love collecting things. Most boys of my generation in the U.K. collected stamps. Of course I installed that discipline in both my sons and they in turn have their own collections and interests.
Also from stamps I collect WW1 memorabilia, from medals, to Army issue compasses.
The Allied Victory medals were issued after the war, each country produced their own except for the commonwealth countries, collecting ....all of the different ones has been.....a challenge.

I own a mint boxed Japanese WW1 victory medal
Japanese WWI Victory Medal
To find a boxed mint condition medal was hard.
A pristine treasure. Very worthy of you, Roy. It is in the right hands for the highest appreciation and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Now...Scarlet ( my kitty ) is finally napping and I get to mop floors after personalizing Christmas cards and decorating their white envelopes with beauty and Christmas cheer!

Oh, I was a wild one, that's for sure. Was a biker chick for a short time..rode with some non affiliated tough guys, was an old lady to one of them but bailed when he wanted to add another chick to our little twosome. I don't do sloppy seconds, :D.

Then I was a galley cook on a tuna boat. Had to sneak onboard, hide my butt length hair under a baseball cap/hoody from the cap'n cuz he didn't allow females on his boat, and the crew called me Charlie. :cheers2: Got busted up in San Fran, hitchhiked home and called it a nice experience after I finally lost my sea legs.

Just a few short stories of my wild and crazy life.:abgg2q.jpg:

Damn Gracie. And you can write as testified to your graphic descriptions here in the Coffee Shop. I've been pushing Nosmo King to write his little anthologies--they are as good as any I've seen--and you should be writing the anthologies of your life story. I honestly think there is a market for it.

Yes, it is sweetie, and "thank you" but only a small portion is being reflected. Here is one more from the boudoir.
Love your style. Almost a mash of Victorian, Boho. One would call it eclectic, lol. Regardless of a name..I love it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Ha Ha. Thanks FF. :)

I think I told the story of me belting a drunk with pool table balls? Believe that was told in the FZ. Or was it on the podcast back when I did such things down there? Anyway..dude got snarky with me. Ma had me bartending..bad idea since I don't have much patience for drunks. I don't drink and never did like the taste of it, which is probably why she had me as barkeep. Anyway, dude was really obnoxious and I had enough of his drunken attitude, and when he said he was going to beat me senseless for not putting up with his bullshit, I lost my temper. Smacked him over the head with a beer bottle, he punched me in the face but half missed so I only got one black eye afterwards, but he got hurt more than I did. The tussle wound up with me and him near the pool table where two poor ol guys were playing. I grabbed those balls and pelted the guy good. AND thumped him with a pool stick for good measure.
He stumbled out and I was "fired". Ma was in the office and heard the ruckus. Of course she found no fault with her precious customer and fired me for daring to stand up for myself after being hit. Pfffft.

Reminder folks: Billiard Balls Can Hurt You. :D

I think I told the story of me belting a drunk with pool table balls? Believe that was told in the FZ. Or was it on the podcast back when I did such things down there? Anyway..dude got snarky with me. Ma had me bartending..bad idea since I don't have much patience for drunks. I don't drink and never did like the taste of it, which is probably why she had me as barkeep. Anyway, dude was really obnoxious and I had enough of his drunken attitude, and when he said he was going to beat me senseless for not putting up with his bullshit, I lost my temper. Smacked him over the head with a beer bottle, he punched me in the face but half missed so I only got one black eye afterwards, but he got hurt more than I did. The tussle wound up with me and him near the pool table where two poor ol guys were playing. I grabbed those balls and pelted the guy good. AND thumped him with a pool stick for good measure.
He stumbled out and I was "fired". Ma was in the office and heard the ruckus. Of course she found no fault with her precious customer and fired me for daring to stand up for myself after being hit. Pfffft.

Indeed!

:) Maybe not a story you would want to read to your grandkids, but definitely a colorful one for an Anthology: The Life of an old Hippie or something to that effect.

Love your style. Almost a mash of Victorian, Boho. One would call it eclectic, lol. Regardless of a name..I love it!
Why thank you Gracie! I do have an eclectic personality and style and my taste in decorating has always reflected that. A woman told me the other day she had heard about my apartment and as an art lover would love to come and see it if I wouldn't mind. She mentioned she had been taking her daughter to art galleries and museums since her daughter was three. As a schoolteacher, she has taught school and traveled in many countries.

When she arrived for the showing, so-to-speak- she stood in the living room, head rotating, and was speechless. I remained quiet so she could absorb as much as possible in one visit. She stayed for over an hour asking if she could return at my convenience to see it one more time. She recognized some of the 19th and 20th-century artists who grace my walls in combination with many mirrors of many sizes. Mirrors add depth to a room and reflect the art across the wall from them. Art is everywhere and my ceilings are 9-feet high. My bathroom alone has 30 works of art all over and into the bathtub/shower combination. Everywhere I look I see beauty. One guest last week commented she can't see how I would ever want to leave my place for any length of time. lol. She loved the "flow" of it all and said it was as if she were in an eclectic place shopping. lol

I am in the process of transferring files and photos from my desktop PC onto my Chromebooks as I ready for the demise of my cherished Windows experience with the great audio surround-sound external speakers and the large monitor. January 14th is when I have to put her to rest. What a shame. How I will miss that routine morning experience. My Acer Chromebooks have a 15.6 screen and the audio is very acceptable and the best of any Chromebook speakers I have heard. They are located on either side of the keyboard and they face UP and the bass is plenty good to play my Pandora radio stations as I drink my two cups of coffee, make a couple of posts and read my mail and then start getting ready for the day ahead at a job I love. Change is in the air in more ways than one. I will post more pics when I have everything in order. You should see the kitchen and the hallway...OMG! Beauty everywhere. No drywall noticed in my house...lol. Even the refrigerator has art all over. Klimt. Love his style.

So long for this evening, Gracie. I am hoping you are feeling much better these past few days. Thank you, again for your kind comments. :11:

Ha! So TRUE!!!

Gracie, you nailed me. My extensive jewelry collection is a mash of Victorian and Boho. I wear lots of jewelry every day, even if I am not at work. Makeup and a buzzed haircut and I am ready for the world.....my world...lol.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogoā€™s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery and comfort/peace for Peach.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and increased responsibilities and also for Rod's healing in mind, body, and spirit.
Gracie for wellness, good solutions, and a conquering spirit.
Jackson for wellness.
And me, Foxfyre, for good news from upcoming tests.
Roy for wellness.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Encouraging-quotes-3.jpg

Itā€™s a fine Sunday morning here, my staffie bitch woke me up around 8am I didnā€™t mind, I lay there until she got impatient with me then I swung my legs over the bed and watched her tail wag.
I switched on the downstairs tv and started up my iPhone app for the wi fi coffee machine, by this time the staffies were bouncing into me to be let out.
Breakfast for them is bottled water, 2 wheatabix each and goats milk.
Grilled low fat sausages in a toasted sandwich for me.
The strong Brazilian coffee beans wakes me up sure enough, in a while Iā€™ll make a weaker pot ā€œFor her majestyā€
She stayed up later to watch some UFC championship fighting, She must have crept into bed last night as I didnā€™t wake.
After a bit more sky news tv Iā€™ll start peeling some potatoes and carrots for our Sunday lunch. Slavery is part of being a husband... I know this.
Later mates!

Forum List

Back