USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have William the conquerors son buried in our cathedral.

CA63089-F-FD0-D-4-E9-E-95-C3-230594-F83-F3-C.jpg

Robert Curthose (c. 1051 – 3 February 1134), sometimes called Robert II, succeeded his father William the Conqueror as Duke of Normandy in 1087 and reigned until 1106. Robert was also an unsuccessful claimant to the throne of the Kingdom of England. The epithet"Curthose" had its origins in the Norman French word courtheuse 'short stockings' and was apparently derived from a nickname given to Robert by his father; the chroniclers William of Malmesbury and Orderic Vitalis reported that William the Conqueror had derisively called Robert brevis-ocrea ("short boot").

I
took these pictures this year

Last edited:
I don't know why I didn't think about this, but I have plans for the next 2 weekends...and it's NFL playoffs time. I'm going to have to see whether I can watch or record games while I'm out. I can miss every game if I have to, except the 49ers next Saturday. Figuring out how to watch that one is going to be a bit of a pain; we're getting rid of the satellite service here, so I don't think I'll be able to record it. :102:

gallantwarrior thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful xmas care package! I love everything you sent! MrG pissed himself when I handed him the goat bag and it screamed at him. He LOVES it! He said you send the best surprises! What a great day it turned out to be when I got that package! We thank you so much!!!
Yeah, I couldn't resist that goat thing. There's a youtube video with goats screaming like people and that's on there. If one of my goats screamed like that I'd think someone was murdering a woman out in the woods.
I am glad to have brought some cheer to you both and wish you a far better new year than the past few have been for y'all. Personally, I cannot wait to see the ass end of 2019 disappearing...

The wife had her second round of chemo this last Thursday. The Infusion Lab is on the top (4th) floor of the Cancer Center with floor to ceiling windows facing north, north east and a balcony just outside. Here's the view.

1TAbISO-ZjABRmXDRud4_XsLDRg4iBdy-meMHyFfoDPQAnktfx2byqCpKbu7X23DOGGZt9nYsYfRi7b5XNhvxqogg-OQ9WZixIHlhYLfnUaN5zh24POJZX5Qjm9WiP7OwAefGDS65g9_8epxabTC9vic0zZf8FczM2may0OsGZe6ZzBaJJzfdEoAhykskAuVvawUGL67jiFfSzB8dENCctnrl7EwSPuZPiQq2j0LQ0TiDfTmXXMT80-XIh4-_4BfjWDgK7qKFK-3XrghxZyU1KOwGp4m6qDSxUyhBKG95sg9DaJzY00FyvO8AARjOKVCKCdSozjJ_hQ3niAMH8LccRtnKcv6ihEdQL1CMReimwRUbNhXqhvWagFgANNq5D02ddLdSpiDjhBGfjpp-tlJcAV3Mom7Casshcq_ENlAnw0M9zilnauBrxs23k2tTHk5aN4WeY2skRkl923eUEXqncCqwLlMx2kCF2lF6N6EqJQYklUbIwDSBRWPZ5L5XXWD3hwPTM2HmaBjVt8BGSfHihOX5kuCuXruueRmzp-Et7T72RhiNRtxDkS65JaPqwhLGlWwknOA88qfm6eT8TwPFbBTy2Tm_HVwACgCmvChwRme9jLKzUI1M3mUxOJxcuAAsmmDflACh78-P486YppMEMEKzBgZKQzLVdiJqrQLRhFVT51QTngzBBI=w1134-h851-no
A pleasant view to ease the unpleasantness inside, but beautiful. I have often thought that if I were to settle anywhere else than Alaska it would be NM. Of course, I'd look a little farther East, Lake Roberts or Elephant Butte.

Alexander my newest grandson was born today, I can't go see him because of this hideous cold and the fact that I feel pretty lousy..

I don't have specifics on baby Alexander, weight, the birth, exact times because once we heard (family visiting), they all left me (hospital) alone, like I had the plague...:laugh:
Alexander my newest grandson was born today, I can't go see him because of this hideous cold and the fact that I feel pretty lousy..

I don't have specifics on baby Alexander, weight, the birth, exact times because once we heard (family visiting), they all left me (hospital) alone, like I had the plague...:laugh:

The thing about guys like SFC Ollie, they make guys like me realize that they will never measure up Great Patriotic American and selfless hero wise. :eusa_think:

While I agree that Ollie is all of that Lumpy, don't sell yourself short. We all have our gifts and challenges and opportunities in life, I would give pretty good odds you didn't squander yours.

I can't speak for Lumpy, but I know I squandered plenty of gifts and challenges and opportunities in life. :lmao:
And you have so much time left to make all that up. Have a successful and happy new year, Montro!

We have William the conquerors son buried in our cathedral.

CA63089-F-FD0-D-4-E9-E-95-C3-230594-F83-F3-C.jpg

Robert Curthose (c. 1051 – 3 February 1134), sometimes called Robert II, succeeded his father William the Conqueror as Duke of Normandy in 1087 and reigned until 1106. Robert was also an unsuccessful claimant to the throne of the Kingdom of England. The epithet"Curthose" had its origins in the Norman French word courtheuse 'short stockings' and was apparently derived from a nickname given to Robert by his father; the chroniclers William of Malmesbury and Orderic Vitalis reported that William the Conqueror had derisively called Robert brevis-ocrea ("short boot").

I
took these pictures this year
What's up with the crossed legs? Isn't that a rather unusual pose for those sarcophagi?

The wife had her second round of chemo this last Thursday. The Infusion Lab is on the top (4th) floor of the Cancer Center with floor to ceiling windows facing north, north east and a balcony just outside. Here's the view.

1TAbISO-ZjABRmXDRud4_XsLDRg4iBdy-meMHyFfoDPQAnktfx2byqCpKbu7X23DOGGZt9nYsYfRi7b5XNhvxqogg-OQ9WZixIHlhYLfnUaN5zh24POJZX5Qjm9WiP7OwAefGDS65g9_8epxabTC9vic0zZf8FczM2may0OsGZe6ZzBaJJzfdEoAhykskAuVvawUGL67jiFfSzB8dENCctnrl7EwSPuZPiQq2j0LQ0TiDfTmXXMT80-XIh4-_4BfjWDgK7qKFK-3XrghxZyU1KOwGp4m6qDSxUyhBKG95sg9DaJzY00FyvO8AARjOKVCKCdSozjJ_hQ3niAMH8LccRtnKcv6ihEdQL1CMReimwRUbNhXqhvWagFgANNq5D02ddLdSpiDjhBGfjpp-tlJcAV3Mom7Casshcq_ENlAnw0M9zilnauBrxs23k2tTHk5aN4WeY2skRkl923eUEXqncCqwLlMx2kCF2lF6N6EqJQYklUbIwDSBRWPZ5L5XXWD3hwPTM2HmaBjVt8BGSfHihOX5kuCuXruueRmzp-Et7T72RhiNRtxDkS65JaPqwhLGlWwknOA88qfm6eT8TwPFbBTy2Tm_HVwACgCmvChwRme9jLKzUI1M3mUxOJxcuAAsmmDflACh78-P486YppMEMEKzBgZKQzLVdiJqrQLRhFVT51QTngzBBI=w1134-h851-no
A pleasant view to ease the unpleasantness inside, but beautiful. I have often thought that if I were to settle anywhere else than Alaska it would be NM. Of course, I'd look a little farther East, Lake Roberts or Elephant Butte.
:eusa_eh:
Elephant Butt is basically south and definitely desert country and quite crowded in the summer, Lake Roberts is south west in the Black Range mountains.

maxresdefault.jpg

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

Forum List

Back