USMB Coffee Shop IV

The wife has asked me if I could take her out to the countryside tomorrow, I’ve decided to go where you guys might have seen in the Series “The Last Kingdom”
Where Utred and his men look down on the river Severn to see the Norwegian viking longboats.
The view was from high up on the cotswolds to which where we will be going, I’ll take pictures to show you.

We are in the last minutes before the ball drops in Times Square. Our son and his family are there this year--it was on their bucket list of things to accomplish and this was the year they chose to do it. They have rooms that front on Times Square. The view from their suite:

81465141_3649958895015950_6539292419186229248_n.jpg

And looking down right now:
80789439_3650111708334002_4905754462020173824_n.jpg
We are in the last minutes before the ball drops in Times Square. Our son and his family are there this year--it was on their bucket list of things to accomplish and this was the year they chose to do it. They have rooms that front on Times Square. The view from their suite:

81465141_3649958895015950_6539292419186229248_n.jpg

And looking down right now:
80789439_3650111708334002_4905754462020173824_n.jpg
I took my daughter to Times Square for New Years Eve in 1994. We were about three blocks down from where the ball was. A wonderful grandma/grandpa were next to us with their grandson. They were from Queens and this was their first time at Times Square for New Years. Can you imagine: being grandparents who lived that close and making a first time excursion for your grandson, and: being in the same place with that many people at once?

I'll be at work when the new year turns tonight. :p I do have tomorrow off, though!

I hope everyone enjoys their New Year's Eve!

:twirl:

Hombre and I will lift a glass to toast all of you brave, dedicated souls who will be working tonight, all over the country. All over the world actually.

But these days we ring in the New Year's with the New Yorkers in Times Square. New Year's actually arrives two hours later here in New Mexico.

Still wondering why they can't dynamite the ice jam. Is it because it is jammed against the bridge?
Nothing brave or dedicated, I just work an overnight shift. :)
I'll be at work when the new year turns tonight. :p I do have tomorrow off, though!

Hombre and I will lift a glass to toast all of you brave, dedicated souls who will be working tonight, all over the country. All over the world actually.

But these days we ring in the New Year's with the New Yorkers in Times Square. New Year's actually arrives two hours later here in New Mexico.

Still wondering why they can't dynamite the ice jam. Is it because it is jammed against the bridge?

I've worked graveyard shift for over 20 years now. I prefer that shift over any other.
I’m a night person, and I love the lack of traffic on my way home. It can be unfortunate when I want to see the little one, though. I missed a chorus concert of hers because of my schedule. I’ve had some other schedule issues as well. If everyone in my life just lived by my schedule...:p

True, while there are advantages and some of us are night owls, graves don't always work for people who have family commitments. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice sleep, at the very least. I am sure you'll work things out, little brother. Have a happy and successful New Year!

I've worked graveyard shift for over 20 years now. I prefer that shift over any other.
I’m a night person, and I love the lack of traffic on my way home. It can be unfortunate when I want to see the little one, though. I missed a chorus concert of hers because of my schedule. I’ve had some other schedule issues as well. If everyone in my life just lived by my schedule...:p

The wife has asked me if I could take her out to the countryside tomorrow, I’ve decided to go where you guys might have seen in the Series “The Last Kingdom”
Where Utred and his men look down on the river Severn to see the Norwegian viking longboats.
The view was from high up on the cotswolds to which where we will be going, I’ll take pictures to show you.
I'll be looking forward to the view. Thanks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to our super Roy Batty with the new shoes and any other British coffee shoppers. ( Don't think there is an Aussie here ) and it won't be long before we catch up with you! WELCOME 2020! May we continue to share and to love here. :thanks:

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Thanks AquaAthena, I’m the male equivalent of Imelda Marcos, my shoe collection is pretty large.
As a boy I inherited all of my elder brother hand me downs, shoes, clothes.
Everything I can think of was his before I had it. So when I had my own money I’ve never skimped on anything, usually I’ll buy two of everything in clothes.
Shoes are not expensive, I treat myself every time i go into the city.

Golden Gophers beat an excellent Auburn team in the Outback Bowl!

The naysayers and haters of head coach PJ Fleck's "relationships" coaching style said it was too schmaltzy and cheesy....Then they win ten games for the first time in a coon's age...Then they beat one of the most storied teams in the SEC.

Simply amazing....Who's hatin' now? :twirl::banana:

RTB.jpg

8632386.jpg

Ringel05 if you & Mrs are interested.....

Kefir...….if you choose to do your own at home there are plenty of places to buy the 'grains' with prices from $7.95 & up. Making kefir is simple enough...in a glass jar or vessel, add about a cup of milk and let sit. Strain the milk kefir from the grains & drink, then add fresh milk to the grains. Average ferment time is about every 12 hours to change the milk. There is also water kefir, if preferred. If you don't want to mess with doing it yourself, look in the dairy section of your grocery store for Lifeway Brand, and is usually flavored.
Kefir is an immune booster, helps balance the body's PH levels, etc that helps the body repair itself.

Also, Turmeric is widely known for cancer fighting properties. Here is a recipe for Turmeric Tea that isn't too bad, though I may not have added enough (I only used a hefty dash, maybe 1/2 tsp)…...I used the simple stove top recipe, with lots of honey & no milk. Also I didn't add the ginger, didn't have any but it almost tastes like a ginger tea.

https://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/tea-time-with-turmeric/

Ingredients
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of clove
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • tsp fresh ginger (optional)
  • pinch of fresh ground black pepper*
  • As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
  • 1-2 cups of water
  • Raw honey to sweeten
  • Milk sub of choice (I went with fresh coconut milk, but almond and hemp would both be delicious)

Make It Like So
Slow and steady stove top method

1. Simmer herbs and water together for 10 mins.
  2. Strain out and add honey and milk.
Fast and furious blender method
  1. Boil water in your kettle and add to blender (a blender with gradual speed increase will reduce likely hood of pressure from steam of boiled water exploding out of your blender).
  2. Add in spices and blend until smooth and unified in colour.
  3. Strain out tea and add milk and honey.
*I have included black pepper in this recipe as studies show it aids in the absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. I happen to be allergic to black pepper and so I omit it.

So idyllic-looking, Roy. thanks for sharing.

The naysayers and haters of head coach PJ Fleck's "relationships" coaching style said it was too schmaltzy and cheesy....Then they win ten games for the first time in a coon's age...Then they beat one of the most storied teams in the SEC.

View attachment 297743

8632386.jpg
Suddenly I dont care what happens with the Vikes, May our yrs in the wilderness be gone forever

View attachment 297743

8632386.jpg
Suddenly I dont care what happens with the Vikes, May our yrs in the wilderness be gone forever
Was on the way to happening with Lou Holtz, before he sneaked out the back door....Fleck is a force of nature, and everyone on the team buys in.

lol, Hossfly!

Me too. I was just up for a few minutes and the sky was gray, my cough was incessant, so I went upstairs for a little nap, woke up and it's dark, lol. Asthma sucks, but I'm feeling stronger now. It feels like morning, but I know I made eggs and Canadian earlier... so came to the coffee shop to start the coffee, and decided oh, the clocks are pm, not am. lol All I did was put an inner border around the 8th quilt...started last year, and in the pile till there are ten. Well, at least I'll have something to do this evening besides caterwaul at the USMB boards. Think I'l go stalk some more quilts. I've made 8 blue quilts, and this one got a red ship (on royal blue waters with white and blue sails and a dark royal blue night sky that has no horizon with small sails. At least I'll know what not to do the next sailing ship quilt--be sure the white sails have the larger strips than the blue does.
Log cabin square with light sail dominant over smaller dark sky (preferred, item a)
quilt_block 1a light sails dominant.jpg

Log cabin square with dark sky dominant over light sail (sail looks slightly disjoint without lights touching the next "sail" up. Item b)
quilt_block 1b dark sky dominant.jpg

With item b, when the top of the sail is supposed to touch the bottom of the sail above it, there is a void caused by the dark sky, so they don't touch. So next time, all of the sail blocks will be the upper and not the lower one. *sigh*
It still, on a galloping horse, looks like a sail, so I'm leaving the quilt intact rather than change the 17 sails to be perfect. Quilting is a learn-as-you-go project, and since I've done at least a dozen of the tall sailing ship in log cabin squares, there's a first time for every imperfection, lol. Maybe since it looks kinda sorta okay, the kid who gets this one will learn that even when imperfection life is, you still have a warm quilt to turn to. ;) There are 48 squares in the quilt, and sometimes you won't fix stupid, like here. :D

Edit: I guess some ships have more sails than others. I went skimming on the internet and found this awesome set of sails:
royal-clipper-the-largest-full-rigged-sailing-ship-in-the-world-2.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 297743

8632386.jpg
Was on the way to happening with Lou Holtz, before he sneaked out the back door....Fleck is a force of nature, and everyone on the team buys in.
Impatience has been our biggest enemy when it comes to coaches. Tradition doesn't happen overnite.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to our super Roy Batty with the new shoes and any other British coffee shoppers. ( Don't think there is an Aussie here ) and it won't be long before we catch up with you! WELCOME 2020! May we continue to share and to love here. :thanks:

Thanks AquaAthena, I’m the male equivalent of Imelda Marcos, my shoe collection is pretty large.
As a boy I inherited all of my elder brother hand me downs, shoes, clothes.
Everything I can think of was his before I had it. So when I had my own money I’ve never skimped on anything, usually I’ll buy two of everything in clothes.
Shoes are not expensive, I treat myself every time i go into the city.
LOL, I'm with you, Roy, when it comes to attire. Just the same. As one example, if I buy something I love and it looks great on and to me, I buy the same item in every color. lol. Same with shoes...always shoes. Ha!

Thanks for the lovely chat. Now that I've had my cuppa, it's time to set sail for the sewing room:
OIP.1PFfJo7FqvP7i3iLTsymwwHaHN

Gonna put some flag stripes and blue and white stars on the border of that collossal "baby" quilt top for the charity bees to quilt. I love the USA & USMB on account of Foxfyre's wonderful Coffee Shop. Hear, hear it for Foxy! :)

Forum List

Back