USMB Coffee Shop IV

gallantwarrior thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful xmas care package! I love everything you sent! MrG pissed himself when I handed him the goat bag and it screamed at him. He LOVES it! He said you send the best surprises! What a great day it turned out to be when I got that package! We thank you so much!!!

The wife had her second round of chemo this last Thursday. The Infusion Lab is on the top (4th) floor of the Cancer Center with floor to ceiling windows facing north, north east and a balcony just outside. Here's the view.

1TAbISO-ZjABRmXDRud4_XsLDRg4iBdy-meMHyFfoDPQAnktfx2byqCpKbu7X23DOGGZt9nYsYfRi7b5XNhvxqogg-OQ9WZixIHlhYLfnUaN5zh24POJZX5Qjm9WiP7OwAefGDS65g9_8epxabTC9vic0zZf8FczM2may0OsGZe6ZzBaJJzfdEoAhykskAuVvawUGL67jiFfSzB8dENCctnrl7EwSPuZPiQq2j0LQ0TiDfTmXXMT80-XIh4-_4BfjWDgK7qKFK-3XrghxZyU1KOwGp4m6qDSxUyhBKG95sg9DaJzY00FyvO8AARjOKVCKCdSozjJ_hQ3niAMH8LccRtnKcv6ihEdQL1CMReimwRUbNhXqhvWagFgANNq5D02ddLdSpiDjhBGfjpp-tlJcAV3Mom7Casshcq_ENlAnw0M9zilnauBrxs23k2tTHk5aN4WeY2skRkl923eUEXqncCqwLlMx2kCF2lF6N6EqJQYklUbIwDSBRWPZ5L5XXWD3hwPTM2HmaBjVt8BGSfHihOX5kuCuXruueRmzp-Et7T72RhiNRtxDkS65JaPqwhLGlWwknOA88qfm6eT8TwPFbBTy2Tm_HVwACgCmvChwRme9jLKzUI1M3mUxOJxcuAAsmmDflACh78-P486YppMEMEKzBgZKQzLVdiJqrQLRhFVT51QTngzBBI=w1134-h851-no

All these gastro problems.... I am way overdue for scopes at both ends... They were going to do the colonoscopy a few years back but the Cardiologist wouldn't let me off the blood thinners for it. I've been taking Nexium every day for at least 8 years but I think we're going to stop that. I was taking 3 different things for the gut at one time and have it down to 2... Looking for one... With my extensive health history any stop is a good thing. with the OTC stuff I take i get about 15 pills a day.... 3 just for cholesterol.

Sheesh .. that's a lot of pills SFC Ollie .. and hello ole friend.. :salute:

Those Manheim Steamroller fans among us probably don't go back as far as Mason Williams who was hands down my all time favorite guitarist.

And here is one of my favorite bands paired with my favorite guitarist:

Stay with the recording to enjoy a unique rendition of the same song Mason performed with a concert harpist and then other amazing performances around the same theme during his lifetime.

I loved to hear him play. I also had a collection of his "Them People Poems." Funny as all git out.

Yes. Not only was Mason Williams a brilliant musician, but there was that subtle but unmistakable wit, good humor, and talent as a humorist. He wrote comedy for the Smothers Brothers and Saturday Night Live, et al, did some stand up comedy with his ever present guitar--he was a Victor Borge but with a guitar instead of a piano. He has a long LONG list of entertainment credits to his name in live performances, television, movies, etc. I believe he is still with us though he would be in his 80's now, but is probably no longer performing.

Speaking of Victor Borge, another of my personal favorites, here's one of my favorite renditions:

All these gastro problems.... I am way overdue for scopes at both ends... They were going to do the colonoscopy a few years back but the Cardiologist wouldn't let me off the blood thinners for it. I've been taking Nexium every day for at least 8 years but I think we're going to stop that. I was taking 3 different things for the gut at one time and have it down to 2... Looking for one... With my extensive health history any stop is a good thing. with the OTC stuff I take i get about 15 pills a day.... 3 just for cholesterol.

They keep me moving and vertical.....

They keep me moving and vertical.....

download (65).jpg ... there Ollie and all the best wishes to you and yours ole friend..:beer:

The thing about guys like SFC Ollie, they make guys like me realize that they will never measure up Great Patriotic American and selfless hero wise. :eusa_think:

The thing about guys like SFC Ollie, they make guys like me realize that they will never measure up Great Patriotic American and selfless hero wise. :eusa_think:

While I agree that Ollie is all of that Lumpy, don't sell yourself short. We all have our gifts and challenges and opportunities in life, I would give pretty good odds you didn't squander yours.

Alexander my newest grandson was born today, I can't go see him because of this hideous cold and the fact that I feel pretty lousy..

I don't have specifics on baby Alexander, weight, the birth, exact times because once we heard (family visiting), they all left me (hospital) alone, like I had the plague...:laugh:

Alexander my newest grandson was born today, I can't go see him because of this hideous cold and the fact that I feel pretty lousy..

I don't have specifics on baby Alexander, weight, the birth, exact times because once we heard (family visiting), they all left me (hospital) alone, like I had the plague...:laugh:

Aw. Well you'll see him soon enough. Sorry you have a cold though. Having a cold for the holidays really sucks.

While I agree that Ollie is all of that Lumpy, don't sell yourself short. We all have our gifts and challenges and opportunities in life, I would give pretty good odds you didn't squander yours.

I can't speak for Lumpy, but I know I squandered plenty of gifts and challenges and opportunities in life. :lmao:

Aw. Well you'll see him soon enough. Sorry you have a cold though. Having a cold for the holidays really sucks.

It could have been the flu so I'm turning it into a somewhat positive.. :crying:

Eh, I'll be fine ...

I can't speak for Lumpy, but I know I squandered plenty of gifts and challenges and opportunities in life. :lmao:

So many that I lost count... :eusa_doh:

:yes_text12: GREAT NEWS Lumpy. I have been waiting to share this joy. I hope all are doing well and you will soon recover so you can join in the great excitement of a newborn into your life and family! GREAT NEWS! I'm even excited. :) :)

:yes_text12: GREAT NEWS Lumpy. I have been waiting to share this joy. I hope all are doing well and you will soon recover so you can join in the great excitement of a newborn into your life and family! GREAT NEWS! I'm even excited. :) :)

7lb 2oz, 21 inches, born 1:55 pm. and exceedingly cute and sleepy, personally, I like babies that are sleepy..

. All looks great and with Kelly's picture I see such heartwarming happiness it plum chokes me up, just what a Dad likes to see. My son-in-law looks totally worn out but hanging in there and making sure everything is right..They share a true love story... :)

btw. Lady Aqua Athena... :smiliehug: 's .. and Thank You's

Last edited:

Forum List

Back