USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:
That sounds like good news all around.

Sbiker!!!! Welcome back. Always a treat when you check in.

I like to be here, but job (or domestic needs) periodically breaks it :)

Understood. But we are always happen when you can get here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sbiker.

I've got bad belly for Christmas, so I hope you all are having a better day than me! :lol:

There's all kinds of great meds out there to help you not have so many, if any, bad bellies Montro. Now that you have an income, you really should see a knowledgeable doctor about that. Hombre and I had terrible issues with reflux, et al, and now those issues just don't happen anymore. And it could prevent a ton of grief for you too as you get older.

I haven't been to a doctor since I was in my 20s, or maybe my teens. :lol:

My health benefits kick in after the new year starts, so I'll see about getting at least a check-up then. Considering my age and how long it has been since I've seen a doctor, I'm expecting to be told I should have a colonoscopy, at least. :neutral:

A couple months ago I had a vicious bad belly. A friend gave me 3 tablets of PAPAYA ENZYME and within 15 minutes I was fine. I went to GNC and bought a bottle of Natural Brand with 240 tablets. I gave my wife and SIL 3 tablets for a Thanksgiving bad belly and they were amazed at the quick results. You might try that remedy.
The last time I had a "vicious bad belly" we determined it was the banana I had eaten a half hour before. Seems I'm banana intolerant. I found the best way to treat that was to eat no more bananas, worked so far, no pharmaceuticals or natural remedies...... :eusa_whistle:

Um, to me that IS the natural remedy. Don't eat what doesn't agree with you. Do eat what your body needs. :)

Well now, I occasionally sin "food wise" (mmm) but I've convinced myself that I do it in moderation.. The sad story is, it wasn't always that way.. :eusa_doh:

Yup, six cups of coffee before noon and a six pack of coca-cola a day .. :slap: ..it's no wonder time passed so quickly....

Last edited:
I've got bad belly for Christmas, so I hope you all are having a better day than me! :lol:

There's all kinds of great meds out there to help you not have so many, if any, bad bellies Montro. Now that you have an income, you really should see a knowledgeable doctor about that. Hombre and I had terrible issues with reflux, et al, and now those issues just don't happen anymore. And it could prevent a ton of grief for you too as you get older.

My health benefits kick in after the new year starts, so I'll see about getting at least a check-up then. Considering my age and how long it has been since I've seen a doctor, I'm expecting to be told I should have a colonoscopy, at least. :neutral:
Watch out for doctors. They will kill you and get away with it.

Don’t do colonoscopy. Do noninvasive Colonguard.

Stop consuming sugar, grains, and junk food. All better.
Sugar, grains, and junk food. Added to my shopping list. Thanks for the reminder!!!
Eat up.
Thanks, I will!! :thup:

A couple months ago I had a vicious bad belly. A friend gave me 3 tablets of PAPAYA ENZYME and within 15 minutes I was fine. I went to GNC and bought a bottle of Natural Brand with 240 tablets. I gave my wife and SIL 3 tablets for a Thanksgiving bad belly and they were amazed at the quick results. You might try that remedy.
The last time I had a "vicious bad belly" we determined it was the banana I had eaten a half hour before. Seems I'm banana intolerant. I found the best way to treat that was to eat no more bananas, worked so far, no pharmaceuticals or natural remedies...... :eusa_whistle:

Um, to me that IS the natural remedy. Don't eat what doesn't agree with you. Do eat what your body needs. :)

Well now, I occasionally sin "food wise" (mmm) but I've convinced myself that I do it in moderation.. The sad story is, it wasn't always that way.. :eusa_doh:

Yup, six cups of coffee before noon and a six pack of coca-cola a day .. :slap: ..it's no wonder time passed so quickly....
Only a six pack? Damn slackers.........

:D

It's officially the day after my favorite day of the year, Christmas. I look forward to Christmas, 2020 and hope all of our posters are still coming into the peaceful coffee shop at USMB. What a treasure trove of goodwill you all are. May others join in as well.

I had a great Christmas. I made others happy. Others also made me happy. Before Christmas, I had received a card from a special man in my life and he signed it, "Wishing you all things rare and beautiful". How did he know how prophetic that sentiment would become. ;)

Today, I will be receiving two more packages in the mail. I am looking forward to them as I know what they contain. I know this because they are to me from me. Ha!

May all of us get through the new year coming up as we endure the happinesses and joy, combined with the routine ups and downs that life will always bring. It can't always be Christmas, though speaking solely for myself, I would love to see it happen twice a year. For some, that would diminish the annual spirit of the meaning of Christmas but for others, it would be something to look forward to as it is a grand opportunity to be generous to others and to be grateful for all we have and love for the climate outside the festive holidays can always use a break. But "Christmas comes but once a year" and that will never change. ( much to the pleasure of many who like it just as it is ) However, I takes what I gets and rejoice in the specialness of Christmas coming once a year.

Happy New Year, good coffee mates!

:love_ya4:
It's so good to have you back AquaAthena! I was gone for a couple of years to mourn my husband's passing, so I got a new computer when I started waking up and the earth was still here. He was really a great guy and we were together for 44 years before he died, and his illness required my full attention a year before that. When I got back, I don't think you were here anymore, and were sorely missed. I have another name now, because I had forgotten my password to Freedombecki, lol, and reregistered under my new name. Hope you had a great Christmas and that you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I seem to still be captive in Anchorage. They have not figured out how to overcome the ice dam that is forcing Willow Creek over it's banks and down the access road to the bridge. Partner is still up at my place and reports he is doing well. He did get the generator running so now has access to water. If he keeps the place warm using the wood stove, he shouldn't need much propane. Maybe this exercise will provide a confidence building event. In the meantime, I inhabit hoarder haven. Cleaning up a bit, so it's not a total loss. I had to cancel my buddy, Alan's annual New Year's visit.
I'm happy to read here that my CS friends are all doing well.
So glad you dropped by, gallantwarrior, and hope things work out so you can get back to your home.

Yep. A gal who worked in my quilt store said her father was allergic to green bananas, and for some reason, ate one thinking he may have "outgrown" the allergy. He died shortly after eating the green banana. If he had waited 2 days, the banana would have been ripe, and he could've had it with no repercussions. If it doesn't taste good, don't eat it!

I recall my mother taking papaya pills when I was young, although I don't remember why. I ate them on a few occasions, too. I might get a bottle and see if it helps the next time I'm feeling grumbly in the belly, or maybe get a big bottle and start taking them regularly to see if they seem to work as a preventative measure. :)

Only a six pack? Damn slackers.........

:D

:blowpop:... Lord Ringel .. all the best to you and yours old friend..... :beer:

Last edited:
It's officially the day after my favorite day of the year, Christmas. I look forward to Christmas, 2020 and hope all of our posters are still coming into the peaceful coffee shop at USMB. What a treasure trove of goodwill you all are. May others join in as well.

I had a great Christmas. I made others happy. Others also made me happy. Before Christmas, I had received a card from a special man in my life and he signed it, "Wishing you all things rare and beautiful". How did he know how prophetic that sentiment would become. ;)

Today, I will be receiving two more packages in the mail. I am looking forward to them as I know what they contain. I know this because they are to me from me. Ha!

May all of us get through the new year coming up as we endure the happinesses and joy, combined with the routine ups and downs that life will always bring. It can't always be Christmas, though speaking solely for myself, I would love to see it happen twice a year. For some, that would diminish the annual spirit of the meaning of Christmas but for others, it would be something to look forward to as it is a grand opportunity to be generous to others and to be grateful for all we have and love for the climate outside the festive holidays can always use a break. But "Christmas comes but once a year" and that will never change. ( much to the pleasure of many who like it just as it is ) However, I takes what I gets and rejoice in the specialness of Christmas coming once a year.

It's so good to have you back AquaAthena! I was gone for a couple of years to mourn my husband's passing, so I got a new computer when I started waking up and the earth was still here. He was really a great guy and we were together for 44 years before he died, and his illness required my full attention a year before that. When I got back, I don't think you were here anymore, and were sorely missed. I have another name now, because I had forgotten my password to Freedombecki, lol, and reregistered under my new name. Hope you had a great Christmas and that you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

1f3ee9f77c2cea22f43672b63f4ad806.jpg .. .. This is what both of You .. do to me... (nope can't help it)

.... And here I am always wishing you both ... Always the Best.. :)

Last edited:

Sugar, grains, and junk food. Added to my shopping list. Thanks for the reminder!!!
Eat up.
You might add to this healthful regimen drinking 12 bottles of beer and smoking two packs if cigarettes. Did this every day without fail. You will be amazed at how your body will be transformed.

Eat up.
You might add to this healthful regimen drinking 12 bottles of beer and smoking two packs if cigarettes. Did this every day without fail. You will be amazed at how your body will be transformed.

. . . but why stop there?

“The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls . . . Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.”

5237.jpg
― Hunter S. Thompson

Eat up.
Well I'm only halfway there. I need to double my efforts!!!

Yep. A gal who worked in my quilt store said her father was allergic to green bananas, and for some reason, ate one thinking he may have "outgrown" the allergy. He died shortly after eating the green banana. If he had waited 2 days, the banana would have been ripe, and he could've had it with no repercussions. If it doesn't taste good, don't eat it!
There's a difference between a food intolerance and an outright allergy. Allergies include an immune system response and can affect the organs, intolerance does not and is not potentially life threatening.

• Thanks

Thank you so much, beautress. I love your new username. It suits you and the good posts and pictures of your great quilts you bring to the coffee shop for all to enjoy. Their beauty touches me.

I did know of your sadness before and after your husband's passing and can understand why it took you a long while to recover from the love and friendship your marriage brought to your life. I am grateful you have regained your strength and sense of normalcy and are back in the present and bringing us the pleasure of your many talents. I always found you to be an honest person with great common sense and wisdom as freedombecki and now as beautress. I'm glad to be back, too, with you all. I do belong to another site and for years have enjoyed discussions relative to current events and political topics only. The members are well-informed, well-educated in history and always civil. If they aren't civil they are suddenly missing. lol. It is a comfortable place to post and to read. There is a membership fee.

How sweet to read Lumpy's post to us. I always loved him and still do. He is a good guy and brings a unique way with words and I am looking forward soon to the announcement of a new grandchild for him to spoil. I hope his daughter is coping as best as possible in these final few days of her pregnancy. May she soon be relieved and rewarded.

Thank you again, beautress, for your warm welcome. :smiliehug:

I seem to still be captive in Anchorage. They have not figured out how to overcome the ice dam that is forcing Willow Creek over it's banks and down the access road to the bridge. Partner is still up at my place and reports he is doing well. He did get the generator running so now has access to water. If he keeps the place warm using the wood stove, he shouldn't need much propane. Maybe this exercise will provide a confidence building event. In the meantime, I inhabit hoarder haven. Cleaning up a bit, so it's not a total loss. I had to cancel my buddy, Alan's annual New Year's visit.
So glad you dropped by, gallantwarrior, and hope things work out so you can get back to your home.
Things are still up in the air about getting back home. They're moving some heavy equipment out to see if they can drain water off the road. If not, it may be Springtime before they can open the road again. They are also researching alternate routes to the homes on the other side of Willow Creek. I'm thinking they might get some military engineers in and provide a temporary fix on the old bridge. As it is, I only have about 12-13 days of hay on hand and the partner will be running out of weenies by Sunday. I'm going to see whether he can get the snowmachine running and then I'll see if I can find someone local to show me the trails. They say the winter trails are open but you can't really get a car down those. Life is quite an adventure.

Things are still up in the air about getting back home. They're moving some heavy equipment out to see if they can drain water off the road. If not, it may be Springtime before they can open the road again. They are also researching alternate routes to the homes on the other side of Willow Creek. I'm thinking they might get some military engineers in and provide a temporary fix on the old bridge. As it is, I only have about 12-13 days of hay on hand and the partner will be running out of weenies by Sunday. I'm going to see whether he can get the snowmachine running and then I'll see if I can find someone local to show me the trails. They say the winter trails are open but you can't really get a car down those. Life is quite an adventure.

I was reading not long ago about a Wisconsin town that used dynamite to blow up an ice dam that was causing major flooding.

Those Manheim Steamroller fans among us probably don't go back as far as Mason Williams who was hands down my all time favorite guitarist.

And here is one of my favorite bands paired with my favorite guitarist:

Stay with the recording to enjoy a unique rendition of the same song Mason performed with a concert harpist and then other amazing performances around the same theme during his lifetime.

Last edited:
Those Manheim Steamroller fans among us probably don't go back as far as Mason Williams who was hands down my all time favorite guitarist.

And here is one of my favorite bands paired with my favorite guitarist:

Stay with the recording to enjoy a unique rendition of the same song Mason performed with a concert harpist and then other amazing performances around the same theme during his lifetime.

I loved to hear him play. I also had a collection of his "Them People Poems." Funny as all git out.

• Thanks
All these gastro problems.... I am way overdue for scopes at both ends... They were going to do the colonoscopy a few years back but the Cardiologist wouldn't let me off the blood thinners for it. I've been taking Nexium every day for at least 8 years but I think we're going to stop that. I was taking 3 different things for the gut at one time and have it down to 2... Looking for one... With my extensive health history any stop is a good thing. with the OTC stuff I take i get about 15 pills a day.... 3 just for cholesterol.

Forum List

Back