USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yikes, I didn't realize it was so late.....so

GOODNIGHT......

th

Mine are coming along at a pace I would have to call "glacial". I can't get near more than one at a time, so far. Of course, I only have four plants.

But I'll trade ya some blackberries. :rock:

I'll trade ya a crop of weeds for some blackberries........... :D

Did I mention what the only thing I have more than blackberries is? :eusa_hand:

How about a crop of horseradish?

So, the first vacation day with my sweet little daughter has now come to an end. 22 more days to go. I wish was more like 22 million.

She came to me more than one inch taller than when I saw her at the end of last month and my, oh my, that kid is developing long legs. Yepp, Papa is going to need to buy a shotgun, I see.

She brought me a gift from Spain: a keychain with a Salamander as a lucky charm. Now you all know something about me that no one knows in USMB: I like Salamanders and I like to collect them as things like pics, doodads and knick-knacks, and now, as a key-chain.

For the first time, I suggest that my daughter go into the kitchen and get everything ready to fix lunch (which is often the main meal in Castle Statistikhengst), and she was all fire and flame to do it.

Then we went swimming and for the first time, she WANTED to do laps. Thank you, thank you all my german friends who kept telling me to just be patient and let her decide at her own pace how to deal with water. She now dives deep underwater to pick up objects from the bottom and can tread water well. I was going to sign her up for a week long extra swimming course, but based on what I saw today, that won't be necessary. We will surely go swimming at least 10 more times this vacation.

When we got home, I explained to her that 15 minutes of reading time is now part of the vacation program. I grabbed a book, sat next to her on the couch and simply started to read (a Star Trek novel). A couple of minutes later, she came back with a book in English (Miffy goes to School) and started reading. The evening ended with a roaring Barbie Film, because we all know that's what Daddy dudes just love to watch. :rofl:

What an absolute joy. Tomorrow we are going to a small amusement attraction (the Germans call it a KIRMES) in a city called Düren. Looks like it will be fun. Tomorrow is therefore cotton candy day.

Trips are planned for Legoland, Phantasialand, Disney-Paris, a number of huge indoor/outdoor playgrounds, one camping overnighter to a planetary observatorium so that she can look through a huge telescope. And some new friends are supposed to visit us. :D
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] :thup:

and with that, I am now off to bed... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................ no energy to argue politics with people today.....powered out...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Watch those new friends and keep an eye on your silverware. [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]

:lol:

My tomato plants look like they would like to peter out, but they are still producing, although not the big beautiful tomatoes I got in June and early July...I'm only getting enough to be able to use within a couple of days, so I'm not overwhelmed with them like I was in June. I was able to freeze a lot of them, and make a lot of salsa....it's the best when made fresh.

Mine are coming along at a pace I would have to call "glacial". I can't get near more than one at a time, so far. Of course, I only have four plants.

But I'll trade ya some blackberries. :rock:

What type of weed do you grow? :eusa_whistle:

Good morning, everybody. Up early this morning. Woke up at 0500 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up. Mrs. BBD will be going down to the church to quilt today. The crew is coming over to cut the grass this afternoon. Not really a lot going on. Maybe later this afternoon, Taco and I will play a game of Rummy.

Three-Year-Old Drummer Plays With Philharmonic Orchestra

[ame=http://youtu.be/O4Girrb66lY]??????????? ? ?????????? ??????? ????????? - YouTube[/ame]

I planted 4 eggplant plants and they have been very prolific. I'm the only one that likes eggplant....so I'm having to eat one every day......and still, many will have to go into the compost bin.
That's a crying shame, it saddens me to see food go to waste ... :(

Eggplant is a unique food in that if you haven't eaten it before, you may or may not like it depending on how it's cooked. If you bread it and deep fry the eggplant, it's quite good. Same for eggplant parmigiana. You can make eggplant parmigiana without frying the eggplant, just dip the peeled and sliced eggplant in egg and then Italian bread crumbs, and then bake it at 350F for 5 minutes. Then dip each eggplant slice in tomato sauce, place in baking dish and add shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan cheese on top of each layer. Bake for 35 minutes at 350F.

How about a crop of horseradish?

I love horseradish! It's the best stuff to put on steak!
Not to mention on prime rib, or roast beef sandwiches...:thup:

One of my favorite sandwich places is Schlotzsky's. They have so many varieties of sandwiches, and they also have tiny packets of spicy horseradish mayo that you can add to your sandwich. I usually have the Santa Fe chicken sandwich, but I add generous amounts of the horseradish mayo to the sandwich. It gives the sandwich extra flavor, and added kick...a lot of added kick. You are literally sweating when eating that stuff, and this is inside an air conditioned building...:lol:

Morning folks! Today is National Chicken Wing Day. I know one place (a familiar place ... :D) that is offering All-U-Can-Eat wings just for today at $12.99. At that price, it's a steal. I know where I'm having lunch today...:thup:

National-Chicken-Wing-Day-July-29.jpg

Mayo, taco sauce, cayenne pepper and horseradish in proper proportion on an onion ring!
That sounds good. Would also like to try that on a blooming onion. It's an appetizer that you get at places like The Outback. They provide a sauce, but I'll bet your spicy horseradish mayo with taco sauce and cayenne pepper would be better...:thup:

Forum List

Back