USMB Coffee Shop IV

Cannot connect to internet...Error code 651

Network adapter driver not found.

Win 7?
Sometimes it drops the signal and doesn't auto-refresh. Click on your signal strength icon in the Task Bar, it will usually refresh when this is done. If not click on your network connection in the pop up, disconnect then click connect again. If that doesn't work reset your router (turn off for 45 seconds then power back on.)
Upgrade your drivers.

The dreaded 8 series Ringel. Upgrade your drivers on the internet! Oh. wait...
Hey, you can have Acer do it since its new. Yep just get on the internet... :mad:

Only thing worse than a miserable Monday...

workplace-worst-monday-since-ecards-someecards.png

...is waking up with a cold on a Monday!

Achoo!

Win 7?
Sometimes it drops the signal and doesn't auto-refresh. Click on your signal strength icon in the Task Bar, it will usually refresh when this is done. If not click on your network connection in the pop up, disconnect then click connect again. If that doesn't work reset your router (turn off for 45 seconds then power back on.)
Upgrade your drivers.

Hey, you can have Acer do it since its new. Yep just get on the internet... :mad:

That's what ya get for buying an Acer........ :eusa_whistle:
Here's what ya have to do. Go to Device Manager, locate the network adapter, right click and select "Properties". Find the device ID.
Now ya have to get on a computer with a working internet connection, go to the Acer drivers site or the network adapter site, download the drivers for that ID onto a thumb drive. Move the thumb drive to the new computer and load the drivers from there.

Or you can simply get an ethernet cable, hook up to your router and then download the wireless drivers or have Acer do it for you. :D

(I'd go with the second option but then again I always have ethernet cables handy.)

So, the first vacation day with my sweet little daughter has now come to an end. 22 more days to go. I wish was more like 22 million.

She came to me more than one inch taller than when I saw her at the end of last month and my, oh my, that kid is developing long legs. Yepp, Papa is going to need to buy a shotgun, I see.

She brought me a gift from Spain: a keychain with a Salamander as a lucky charm. Now you all know something about me that no one knows in USMB: I like Salamanders and I like to collect them as things like pics, doodads and knick-knacks, and now, as a key-chain.

For the first time, I suggest that my daughter go into the kitchen and get everything ready to fix lunch (which is often the main meal in Castle Statistikhengst), and she was all fire and flame to do it.

Then we went swimming and for the first time, she WANTED to do laps. Thank you, thank you all my german friends who kept telling me to just be patient and let her decide at her own pace how to deal with water. She now dives deep underwater to pick up objects from the bottom and can tread water well. I was going to sign her up for a week long extra swimming course, but based on what I saw today, that won't be necessary. We will surely go swimming at least 10 more times this vacation.

When we got home, I explained to her that 15 minutes of reading time is now part of the vacation program. I grabbed a book, sat next to her on the couch and simply started to read (a Star Trek novel). A couple of minutes later, she came back with a book in English (Miffy goes to School) and started reading. The evening ended with a roaring Barbie Film, because we all know that's what Daddy dudes just love to watch. :rofl:

What an absolute joy. Tomorrow we are going to a small amusement attraction (the Germans call it a KIRMES) in a city called Düren. Looks like it will be fun. Tomorrow is therefore cotton candy day.

Trips are planned for Legoland, Phantasialand, Disney-Paris, a number of huge indoor/outdoor playgrounds, one camping overnighter to a planetary observatorium so that she can look through a huge telescope. And some new friends are supposed to visit us. :D
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] :thup:

and with that, I am now off to bed... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................ no energy to argue politics with people today.....powered out...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Last edited:
Save, check your laptop. Look for buttons on or around your keyboard that might have a Wifi symbol on them, sometimes they're on the F keys. Make sure it's on. Sometimes there are Wifi on/off switches on the side or back of the laptop. Also, just found out there is an Airplane Mode built in to 8. Bring up your Charms Box, (hover the curser in the lower right corner), select search and type in Airplane Mode. click on Airplane Mode and make sure airplane mode is "off" and Wifi is "on".

Cor, that's annoying. I just found out there is no refresh button in windows 7. So now I presume I will have to navigate away from the current page then come back to it. Also expect spelling mistakes because I have not got a spell checker installed yet.

Use Firefox. Spellcheck comes standard (even though they use a Canadian dictionary). I'm constantly having to correct that faulty Canadian English.

I have had enough problems in the past using an American spellchecker. I tend to forget how to spell the English words.

LOL. Olde English isn't English (anymore). Haha

Windows are in and I'm poor again........

But as normal the installers did an excellent job.....

And now that all of the 114 year old windows have been replaced by new double hung double pane windows with that Low e gas stuff, My gas and electric bills should reflect it....

Plus it added plenty value to the house, I hope....

I can feel your pain. Several years ago, we remodeled our home - well both of our homes - we have two houses side by side. At the time, one was a rental. Anyway, we replaced 21 windows in the house we live in and 14 in the south house. Then we resided both houses and put on new roofs for each. In the house we live in we added a wrap-around back porch with a roof over it and then remodeled the kitchen, downstairs bathroom and the upstairs bathroom. Because of it, we still eat hot dogs twice a week and skip breakfast one day a week.

Rain is going to start soon, yeah.

Good deal.

I just had a tornado warning (and we saw a small tornado) right here in Denver (south and east of downtown). Heavy rains as well.

Wow. Keep a weather eye out. Sometimes those mountain twisters can be more dangerous than the big ones on the plains because they're harder to see on radar and your local weather guys aren't used to looking for them.

Win 7?
Upgrade your drivers.

Hope by now you've found a solution to your problem. Comcast/Xfinity is an uncommonly reliable internet provider but sometimes they have a blip and our internet (and sometimes other services) is out for a bit. So I call the number, answer the option that the question is regarding our internet being out, and then have to listen to interminable suggestions of what I can find out on their website. . . .HELLO. . . .

It's a good thing I'm on the phone because I really would be tempted to throw something otherwise. . . .

Rain is going to start soon, yeah.

Good deal.

I just had a tornado warning (and we saw a small tornado) right here in Denver (south and east of downtown). Heavy rains as well.

Wow. Keep a weather eye out. Sometimes those mountain twisters can be more dangerous than the big ones on the plains because they're harder to see on radar and your local weather guys aren't used to looking for them.

On one of my computers I have a picture from 2013 of two funnels that tried to start just a couple miles from my parents house.

Tornadoes are not rare on the high plains but are more common in eastern Colorado. They can also occur fairly frequently up in the mountains. Don't know about Denver but in the Springs the weather people are quite aware of them.

It seems a very good thing for civilization when county fairs include events on writing. :thup:

Good on ya Corvus!

Not that far from here (Jonesborough Tennessee) is the International Storytelling Center, where they have oral tradition events throughout the year and a big festival in October. It's a welcome artistic alternative to the same-old. Quite a treat for the heart.
Oral traditions you say......Tennessee is it?

:eusa_angel:

Yes, eastern Tennessee, the other side of the Appalachian ridge. And a beautiful drive on the mountain passes.

Is there a joke there? I don't get it.

I did just get a "502 Bad Gateway" message as we see when the CS is dragging the site servers. But it could have been on my end; I've had spotty internet since yesterday's T-storms... anyone else?

For once, I actually get a sex joke. Wow. Maybe Band has been doing me good...:lol:
:eusa_angel:

So, the first vacation day with my sweet little daughter has now come to an end. 22 more days to go. I wish was more like 22 million.

She came to me more than one inch taller than when I saw her at the end of last month and my, oh my, that kid is developing long legs. Yepp, Papa is going to need to buy a shotgun, I see.

She brought me a gift from Spain: a keychain with a Salamander as a lucky charm. Now you all know something about me that no one knows in USMB: I like Salamanders and I like to collect them as things like pics, doodads and knick-knacks, and now, as a key-chain.

For the first time, I suggest that my daughter go into the kitchen and get everything ready to fix lunch (which is often the main meal in Castle Statistikhengst), and she was all fire and flame to do it.

Then we went swimming and for the first time, she WANTED to do laps. Thank you, thank you all my german friends who kept telling me to just be patient and let her decide at her own pace how to deal with water. She now dives deep underwater to pick up objects from the bottom and can tread water well. I was going to sign her up for a week long extra swimming course, but based on what I saw today, that won't be necessary. We will surely go swimming at least 10 more times this vacation.

When we got home, I explained to her that 15 minutes of reading time is now part of the vacation program. I grabbed a book, sat next to her on the couch and simply started to read (a Star Trek novel). A couple of minutes later, she came back with a book in English (Miffy goes to School) and started reading. The evening ended with a roaring Barbie Film, because we all know that's what Daddy dudes just love to watch. :rofl:

What an absolute joy. Tomorrow we are going to a small amusement attraction (the Germans call it a KIRMES) in a city called Düren. Looks like it will be fun. Tomorrow is therefore cotton candy day.

Trips are planned for Legoland, Phantasialand, Disney-Paris, a number of huge indoor/outdoor playgrounds, one camping overnighter to a planetary observatorium so that she can look through a huge telescope. And some new friends are supposed to visit us. :D

and with that, I am now off to bed... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................ no energy to argue politics with people today.....powered out...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

What a wonderful vacation you seem to be having. Be sure to take lots of pictures and save them.....it won't be long before you are looking at them and wondering where the time went....enjoy your little princess, she seems to be a very fortunate little girl to have such a loving dad, and I'm sure mom, too.

Watch those new friends and keep an eye on your silverware. [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]

Forum List

Back