USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm thrilled. This year in the county fair, I wrote an essay about the history of civilization and a short story about a bullied kid who murders his tormentors and both won first place!

An hour round trip yesterday to pick up some irrigation parts I needed for a project. Mrs. Liberty knew I was going and informed me a couple of hours after my return we need a new kitchen faucet. :(

Should brought your cell phone,

funny-cell-phone.jpg

I'm so jealous.....maybe we'll get some Thursday, so says the weatherman, who's right about 15% of the time....:eusa_whistle:
Reminds me of the time Mrs Jughead dropped me off to get a haircut, while she did the groceries. Soon after she picked me up, it started raining. All the groceries in the back of the truck were soaked. The weatherman had forecast 0% chance of rain on that day...:evil:
They're saying a 30% chance for Saturday, the day of the pig roast. It rained off and on most of this past weekend. We're supposed to be getting into the hot dry part of the summer when lawns get mowed once in 10 days rather than every five. When tomatoes are supposed to suck up that hot sunshine and ripen into the gems we long for all winter after being fed truck ripened tomatoes driven here from Florida and Texas.

Anyway, I'll keep mowing on the "April" schedule rather than the typical "July/August" schedule. I'll keep waiting for red ripe tomatoes and I'll pack a rain poncho for the pig roast.
They forecast only 30%? Expect rain then. Good idea to bring the poncho. The best strategy for the forecast is to simply look out the window in the morning.

I'm so jealous.....maybe we'll get some Thursday, so says the weatherman, who's right about 15% of the time....:eusa_whistle:
Reminds me of the time Mrs Jughead dropped me off to get a haircut, while she did the groceries. Soon after she picked me up, it started raining. All the groceries in the back of the truck were soaked. The weatherman had forecast 0% chance of rain on that day...:evil:

You trust the weatherman??!!
Yesterday they said the t-storms had dissipated in the mountains, just as it got dark they reformed and nailed us with heavy rains and lots of lightning. Right now I'm looking west and can only see the base of the mountains because of the cloud cover (mostly moisture burn off).
I can imagine someone who has a major project that involves a lot of cement, and plans a day where the forecast calls for no rain. Then after they lay down the cement, it starts raining. It'll ruin the entire project, and he'll be stuck with the cleanup costs, and the cost to redo the work. This through no fault of his own.

I'm surprised that folks don't head down to the weather office and trash the place ... :lol:

I'm thrilled. This year in the county fair, I wrote an essay about the history of civilization and a short story about a bullied kid who murders his tormentors and both won first place!

It seems a very good thing for civilization when county fairs include events on writing. :thup:

Good on ya Corvus!

Not that far from here (Jonesborough Tennessee) is the International Storytelling Center, where they have oral tradition events throughout the year and a big festival in October. It's a welcome artistic alternative to the same-old. Quite a treat for the heart.

Last edited:

It seems a very good thing for civilization when county fairs include events on writing. :thup:

Good on ya Corvus!

Not that far from here (Jonesborough Tennessee) is the International Storytelling Center, where they have oral tradition events throughout the year and a big festival in October. It's a welcome artistic alternative to the same-old. Quite a treat for the heart.
Oral traditions you say......Tennessee is it?

:eusa_angel:

You trust the weatherman??!!
Yesterday they said the t-storms had dissipated in the mountains, just as it got dark they reformed and nailed us with heavy rains and lots of lightning. Right now I'm looking west and can only see the base of the mountains because of the cloud cover (mostly moisture burn off).
I can imagine someone who has a major project that involves a lot of cement, and plans a day where the forecast calls for no rain. Then after they lay down the cement, it starts raining. It'll ruin the entire project, and he'll be stuck with the cleanup costs, and the cost to redo the work. This through no fault of his own.

I'm surprised that folks don't head down to the weather office and trash the place ... :lol:

Here it's the monsoon season right now so if they want to get their cement in place they know to do if before mid afternoon..... or make sure they have lots of plastic...... When we were back east there were two meteorologists in the DC Metro area that knew the weather patterns so they were the ones everyone relied on. Doesn't mean they got it right 100% of the time as weather often has "a mind of it's own".
Because of the mountains the weather here can be extremely unpredictable. There's an apropos saying, "if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes......." :D

Good morning all! As promised, I am in my Mother's kitchen in Kalamazoo (Kaz) now drinking coffee. Just dropping in to say high. Going for a bike ride with my sister in a bit.

My mother moved into this house in 1977 when I had just turned 14. Now my brother, sister and I are here to help her pack it up. She is retiring to Florida. Yesterday was fantastic, it was my aunt and uncles's 50th wedding anniversary. I saw so much of my father's family in Michigan I saw regularly growing up and now don't see often since I've left the area. I have a great family. When people tell me their families fight and don't get along, particularly at holidays and family events, I feel so bad for them. I got nothing but hugs and smiles and catching up.

And yes, it's 11:20 now, but I'm literally in my mother's kitchen now still drinking coffee and on my laptop on her kitchen table. My sister and I are going for a bike ride shortly. Having a great time.

See you all again later in the week when I'm back home. Best wishes to all of you, especially those dealing with difficult times.

kaz

Good on ya Corvus!

Yes, eastern Tennessee, the other side of the Appalachian ridge. And a beautiful drive on the mountain passes.

Is there a joke there? I don't get it.

I did just get a "502 Bad Gateway" message as we see when the CS is dragging the site servers. But it could have been on my end; I've had spotty internet since yesterday's T-storms... anyone else?

I am not in kaz's mom's kitchen.

If I was I woldn't be drinking coffee. I might be loading the moving van though...

this message is not from kaz's laptop. :)

Good morning all! As promised, I am in my Mother's kitchen in Kalamazoo (Kaz) now drinking coffee. Just dropping in to say high. Going for a bike ride with my sister in a bit.

My mother moved into this house in 1977 when I had just turned 14. Now my brother, sister and I are here to help her pack it up. She is retiring to Florida. Yesterday was fantastic, it was my aunt and uncles's 50th wedding anniversary. I saw so much of my father's family in Michigan I saw regularly growing up and now don't see often since I've left the area. I have a great family. When people tell me their families fight and don't get along, particularly at holidays and family events, I feel so bad for them. I got nothing but hugs and smiles and catching up.

And yes, it's 11:20 now, but I'm literally in my mother's kitchen now still drinking coffee and on my laptop on her kitchen table. My sister and I are going for a bike ride shortly. Having a great time.

See you all again later in the week when I'm back home. Best wishes to all of you, especially those dealing with difficult times.

kaz

Being with family is great and soothes the troubled soul. Have a good time.

I've been considering upgrading to a military style cell phone.

palestinian_mobile_phone.jpg

I wonder if TSA will have an issue with it...........

Good on ya Corvus!

Yes, eastern Tennessee, the other side of the Appalachian ridge. And a beautiful drive on the mountain passes.

Is there a joke there? I don't get it.

I did just get a "502 Bad Gateway" message as we see when the CS is dragging the site servers. But it could have been on my end; I've had spotty internet since yesterday's T-storms... anyone else?
I guess I have to work on My delivery.....

Good morning everybody. First chance to get on the computer today, but hope everybody is having a good Monday, both those who are home and those who are away at the moment.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome [MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION] who joined us for the first time this morning. Welcome, welcome and glad to see you joined right in. Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

tall-fresh-drink-2695433.jpg

And Lordy, I hope the Coffee Shop isn't causing server problems. :( I'm not having any problems at all logging in or using the site, and I don't WANT to move just now. But we'll deal with whatever we have to deal with.

Forum List

Back