USMB Coffee Shop IV

its raining so hard here right now its actually flash flooding.

I'm so jealous.....maybe we'll get some Thursday, so says the weatherman, who's right about 15% of the time....:eusa_whistle:

are you in a dry area?

It didn't use to be, but lately it seems that every year they declare it a drought!:eek:

We've been getting some rain this year, but we just never seem to get enough. We're just lucky that our well is holding up, what with all my watering.

This afternoon one of our crew walked off and locked himself in the bathroom. A couple of people went in to see what was up and discovered he was crying. They came out and started cracking jokes about it, saying that because he was not a teenager, he shouldn't be acting like a baby.

This guy often tries to help, but he usually ends up causing more trouble. Its frustrating sometimes getting through to him, but he doesn't deserve to be made to feel bad simply because he can't understand things.

Anyway, he came out after 30 minutes - preventing another guy from going home because we would have been understaffed - and said sorry. The manager on duty didn't want to hear it.

I can sympathise with the guy, I mean, sometimes, people just need to be alone with themselves. And a good cry can make you feel so much better.

I get frustrated at times with people, but I never, ever snap at them, or make them feel worthless. It might be fast food, but it IS difficult to know how to multitask, what to do first, and keep on your feet for hours at a time.

People need to just stop the bullying and understand that sometimes, like I said, people just need to be alone.

I'm so jealous.....maybe we'll get some Thursday, so says the weatherman, who's right about 15% of the time....:eusa_whistle:

are you in a dry area?

It didn't use to be, but lately it seems that every year they declare it a drought!:eek:

We've been getting some rain this year, but we just never seem to get enough. We're just lucky that our well is holding up, what with all my watering.

Sounds like you're a country gal, the less neighbors the better for me.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Glad Sunday is over. I had to work 8 hours bringing my 70 hour week to an unsatisfactory conclusion. Finished writing one paper for the team project, have to finish My individual paper because after 70 hours at work with a two hour round trip commute, who has time to write during the week?

That phrase, "Time enough to sleep when you're dead?" makes one almost wish for it.

But I'm too stubborn to do that, to the seething of some.

:D

It's Monday again... For some reason, coffee is always better on Mondays. Didn't check in yesterday (Sunday). I was away from the computer all day. Started the day off by accompanying Mrs. BBD to Mass and then took her out to breakfast. Then I drove her to a sewing place she wanted to go to in St. Charles which is about 70 miles away. She was inside that sewing store for 2 hours!!! Afterwards on the way home we stopped at a place called "Sweet Tomatoes" for a late lunch. Bought some sweet corn from a roadside vender on the way home. Got home about 5:00 pm. It was really nice out yesterday and had a good time "driving Mrs. BBD". Got a really busy week this week. Today will be the easy day - rest of the week will be taken on the run. So, guess I better get myself another cup of coffee and get on with it.

Reminds me of the time Mrs Jughead dropped me off to get a haircut, while she did the groceries. Soon after she picked me up, it started raining. All the groceries in the back of the truck were soaked. The weatherman had forecast 0% chance of rain on that day...:evil:

Reminds me of the time Mrs Jughead dropped me off to get a haircut, while she did the groceries. Soon after she picked me up, it started raining. All the groceries in the back of the truck were soaked. The weatherman had forecast 0% chance of rain on that day...:evil:
They're saying a 30% chance for Saturday, the day of the pig roast. It rained off and on most of this past weekend. We're supposed to be getting into the hot dry part of the summer when lawns get mowed once in 10 days rather than every five. When tomatoes are supposed to suck up that hot sunshine and ripen into the gems we long for all winter after being fed truck ripened tomatoes driven here from Florida and Texas.

Anyway, I'll keep mowing on the "April" schedule rather than the typical "July/August" schedule. I'll keep waiting for red ripe tomatoes and I'll pack a rain poncho for the pig roast.

You trust the weatherman??!!
Yesterday they said the t-storms had dissipated in the mountains, just as it got dark they reformed and nailed us with heavy rains and lots of lightning. Right now I'm looking west and can only see the base of the mountains because of the cloud cover (mostly moisture burn off).

are you in a dry area?

we've gotten wetter it seems. even our winters are getting more snow and more severe snows.

An hour round trip yesterday to pick up some irrigation parts I needed for a project. Mrs. Liberty knew I was going and informed me a couple of hours after my return we need a new kitchen faucet. :(

Forum List

Back