USMB Coffee Shop IV

Mamacita is paying the rent. She got a mole and 2 rats last week.

Look at them spoiled little brats....they have their own blankie, too!.....:D

If you're wondering why the furniture doesn't match it's because each piece except for the leather couch is something special. The red table we brought from Germany and is over 150 years old. Mrs. Blood refinished it and I have no idea why she painted it red. The coffee table was handmade by my father-in law in Germany. The lamp in the corner was my mothers and the piano was my great grandmothers. In a book shelf that you can't see and was made by my Dad, is an original 1904 copy of Call of the Wild and a 1920's copy of The Last of the Mohicans. On the mantel of the fireplace is a Japanese Samurai sword. I'm on my 3rd beer of the afternoon so pay no attention to my rambling.

It was a damned good ramble.

Happy Sunday:)

12d708741d2fcac9a0777b9c33e3731c.jpg

thats pretty much how I spent my afternoon

Hey everyone. Stats sent me to visit. Said this was a good place to say hello

Well he lied. :eusa_snooty:

j/k welcome, lope on in, Jack. This place is a pit stop (not the pits) along the disinformation superhighway, where we say goodbye to all that. Welcome in, here's some complimentary beverage-like images.

Cafe_Au_Lait_Parfait.jpg
coffee-crumb-cake.jpg

uh --- you're not gonna eat all of that, right...?

Last edited:
Decided to "take the day off". Went for a drive up Rte 24 to Woodland Park then up Rte 67 up to Deckers, Rte 126 up to Rte 285 (about 30 miles southwest of Denver). Down 285 to Rte 9, to Rte 24 again then eventually back home. When we went over Wilkerson Pass on 24 the temp had dropped into the 50s, rain to the east up there (which we drove through) and snow up on the backside of Pikes Peak......
The reading at the house is 80 with a muggy 19% humidity...... :eusa_whistle:
Can't see the Peak from here due to the clouds so I have no idea if there's snow on this side.

j/k welcome, lope on in, Jack. This place is a pit stop (not the pits) along the disinformation superhighway, where we say goodbye to all that. Welcome in, here's some complimentary beverage-like images.

... had to take out img files cuz I don't have enuf posts yet ...​

haha! thx, pogo! cute name :). Hell no, I'll share. TY!

Sounds like the perfect morning. Takes me back to my childhood. Every Sunday, Sunday school, church, then lunch at a great place. The family, as a unit....some of my best memories. :)
They are indeed special memories for myself as well. Our son still attends Sunday school while me and the Mrs attend Sunday morning services. Afterwards we head off to lunch. Golden Corral is the restaurant we frequent most often, there's something for everyone there. Been a relaxing day so far, will probably pass by the neighbors to see what's in the refrig... er ... I mean pass by to say hello.

Darn, now you are making me hungry again!!!
Here's the solution, Stat. Works for me every time ... :thup: ...

A_Colorful_Cartoon_Man_Raiding_a_Refrigerator_Ro.jpg

I don't think you have to actually remove images; you just maybe can't post 'em.

So I'm gonna turn my back, and that coffee cake is just gonna show up again all by itself, no questions asked... :eusa_whistle:

And do it quick while Jughead's head is stuck in the reefer.

Last edited:
If you're wondering why the furniture doesn't match it's because each piece except for the leather couch is something special. The red table we brought from Germany and is over 150 years old. Mrs. Blood refinished it and I have no idea why she painted it red. The coffee table was handmade by my father-in law in Germany. The lamp in the corner was my mothers and the piano was my great grandmothers. In a book shelf that you can't see and was made by my Dad, is an original 1904 copy of Call of the Wild and a 1920's copy of The Last of the Mohicans. On the mantel of the fireplace is a Japanese Samurai sword. I'm on my 3rd beer of the afternoon so pay no attention to my rambling.

I for one, was not wondering, though now I am. Just, not about the furniture. :D

Uh oh. What are you wondering about? My sanity or my soberness?

Exactly! :D

I don't think you have to actually remove images; you just maybe can't post 'em.

So I'm gonna turn my back, and that coffee cake is just gonna show up again all by itself, no questions asked... :eusa_whistle:

And do it quick while Jughead's head is stuck in the reefer.
Did someone mention coffee crumb cake ?

Jug_ate_cake.jpg

Welllllll, that drive apparently had a very soothing and, or tiring effect on me. Just woke up in my office chair after about an hour and a half nap........

Spent the weekend with the grandbabby, and took son to a concert last night. :thup:

H, I came across this recently - you might enjoy. These guys have a great relationship...

Rick Wakeman interviews his son Adam

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjlO0GcZvhs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjlO0GcZvhs[/ame]

Father and son trading licks onstage:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTF_Ijt4xo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTF_Ijt4xo[/ame]

Last edited:
I did bet a brief glimpse of the east face of Pikes Peak earlier and yup, snow on that side also. Wonder if the snow will be there in the morning. Not uncommon for the Peak to get snow this time of year, at over 14,000 feet it creates it's own weather.

Weather and Climate of Pikes Peak

The summit of Pikes Peak reaches an elevation of 14,115 feet, rising 9000 feet above the plains to the east, and 5000 feet above the high mountain valleys to the west. Since Pikes Peak pokes up so high into the free atmosphere, it often experiences weather conditions that are drastically different from those of the lower surrounding areas. The mountain can create its own weather, causing localized thunderstorms, heavy snow storms, or severe downslope windstorms that reach out onto the Plains or remain just at mountaintop level. However you look at it, Pikes Peak can be home to some of the most extreme weather in Colorado. However, the weather can also be quite benign at other times, and even pleasant for outdoor activities.

In the summer, the summit offers a welcome respite from the heat of the Plains. On the hottest days, when temperatures on the Plains are pushing 100 degrees, the high on Pikes can approach the low 60's. Summer thunderstorms often erupt by noon or early afternoon bringing dangerous lightning, hail, rain, and even snow.

In winter, severe winds and extreme temperatures are often experienced. Several other Front Range 14'ers have recorded winds gusts of close to 200 mph, and Pikes Peak likely has similar winds at times.

Pikes Peak Weather and Forecasts

Forum List

Back