USMB Coffee Shop IV

ER7op5nXsAEs-z.jpg

Not everyone will get this.
View attachment 325028
Yea I get it, I know Van Gogh's life story quite well. I read the book 'lust for life ' by Irving Stone when I was at art college in 1969
I also saw the film about Vincent with Kirk Douglas. But what you may not believe is a spiritualist medium once gave me a message from Van Gogh saying he was interested in me and my artistic efforts. I was certainly interested in him as an art student.

Vincent van Gogh drank alcohol to excess; more specifically he drank the potent liquor absinthe, also known as “the green fairy,” which was believed to cause delirium and hallucinations. Absinthe was also believed to cause a drinker to see yellow hue around objects, which some say can be seen in paintings such as Starry Night. However, more recent research has shown that the amount of absinthe consumed would need to be quite substantial to reach this effect. The drinking of absinthe was quite common amongst the artist crowd of Van Gogh’s time, so his consumption of the beverage was no surprise.
Under the hallucinations it is thought he cut his ear off.

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ et al,

Yes, I suppose this is one of those pieces of humor for the educated.

Not everyone will get this.
View attachment 325028
(COMMENT)

If I did not know who Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890) was, I probably would not have understood it either. Van Gogh lived through two Pandemics
(if you don't count the Third Plague Pandemic 1855-1959), all of which originated from the continent of Asia (like our current dilemma).
◈ Third Cholera Pandemic 1846-1863 (There may be yet another Cholera Outbreak in Baghdad. We don't know yet.)
◈ Asian Flu 1856-1858

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
Glad you dropped by Foxfyre's wonderful coffee shop, Rocco, and hope you visit frequently in the future. :thup: For you:

RoccoR has been dropping into the Coffee Shop now and then for some time now. But I agree with Beautress that it is always a pleasure when he does. :)

One really nice thing to come out of the current "sky-is-falling" farce: all my siblings are now group texting. We have text conversations almost every day. I'm also doing a better job staying in contact with my other friends, too!

It's always good when something good comes out of all of this. We are getting about 3 weeks to the gallon on our car. But having to order most necessities has sure run up our credit card bill.

Put a small chunk of dry ice in a plastic soda bottle.....Then get far away. :D

A guy who worked for me used to do that at one of the pharmaceutical companies we did work for. They used to keep big bins of dry ice in the lab areas. First time he did it scared me half to death.

Anyway, I was wondering about you, glad to see you're still around.

A guy who worked for me used to do that at one of the pharmaceutical companies we did work for. They used to keep big bins of dry ice in the lab areas. First time he did it scared me half to death.

Been lurking and posting memes here and in a certain private thread...The Stockholm syndrome and boot-lickery out on the forum makes my head hurt.

Been lurking and posting memes here and in a certain private thread...The Stockholm syndrome and boot-lickery out on the forum makes my head hurt.

Yeah, know what you mean. Is it that one private thread from a while back? Because I accidentally deleted that one. Or left it or something, I dunno.

Anyway, glad you're alright, man.

Yes. We did a lot of stuff like that in chemistry class, sometimes with no consequences, sometimes not so much. I used to have nightmares. :)

But welcome to the Coffee Shop Natural Citizen . Be sure to read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep on joining in. Any friend of Oddball's is a friend of ours. :)

Oh, and first timers to the Coffee Shop get a complimentary beverage:

We'll see if our resident bartender experts can figure out what this one is:
1587501631214.png

I looked up quarantini cocktails and found some that are supposed to be easy to make at home. (I can't test it since neither Hombre nor I drink any form of alcohol these days, but honestly, easy to make at home? How many of you have ANY of this ingredients in this one? Or even know what those ingredients are for that matter. Ernie S. maybe?)

1587513962594.png

Pig Nose Negroni
COURTESY
Ingredients
1 oz Pig's Nose Scotch
1 oz Punt e Mes sweet vermouth
1 oz Campari
1 oz Stone Smoked Porter
Instructions
Stir together the scotch, vermouth and Campari and strain over rocks. Add the smoked porter and stir again to incorporate. Garnish with an orange peel.

Forum List

Back